Remove Advertisements

Threat trinket selection

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:01 pm

Dorvan wrote:I'm almost 100% positive AToZ doesn't have a damage coefficient. That said, a 50% proc chance every 8 seconds is plenty high enough to get a nice averaged threat gain over the length of a boss fight. Proc doesn't automatically equal "unreliable"....the proc rate, frequency of use, and fight length all have to be taken into account.

I used it on Teron a couple times; one week it accounted for 2% of my threat ( http://rehfeld.us/wow/wws-tps/report.php?id=435 ), which was kind of underwhelming. But heck, maybe that's still a bigger increase over IotSC.

Hell, at this point I should just be wearing them both.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Airanna » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:10 pm

480 damage over 8 seconds. It ticks every 2 seconds. 120 damage per tick, yes? The set I use this trinket in has 679 SD buffed usually, and the trinket proc 'Enduring Judgement' ticks for 134 per tick. I'd say it has a coefficient.
Airanna

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:14 pm

Airanna wrote:480 damage over 8 seconds. It ticks every 2 seconds. 120 damage per tick, yes? The set I use this trinket in has 679 SD buffed usually, and the trinket proc 'Enduring Judgement' ticks for 134 per tick. I'd say it has a coefficient.

You're forgetting a number of other factors that effect the damage: most notably 1H spec and likely misery. Proving that it has no coeff is easy: go up to a mob is your normal tanking gear and judge until it porcs, note how much damage each tick deals. Then strip down to nothing but the trinket and do the same thing. You'll notice that it ticks for the same amount regardless. Alternatively, just try it with and without JotC. In either case, the trinket will tick for the same amount. Spec out of 1H spec on the other hand and you'll see the damage drop.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Airanna » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:38 pm

I feel silly for having not thought of that...I'll try it with 0 SD and see what happens. /sheepish
Airanna

Postby Tyaera » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:01 pm

Do you have to have done both the Vial Remnants and the BT attunement quest to get the trinket, or just be Exalted?

We're close-ish to killing Kael (52% last night), but I still need to kill FLK, then Al'ar, then Rage, and it'll be a lot easier to convince the guild to do one last run of it if there's a valid reason to do so besides my title.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:54 pm

just need to be exalted.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:27 pm

Tyaera wrote:Do you have to have done both the Vial Remnants and the BT attunement quest to get the trinket, or just be Exalted?

The vials are for the ring (which isn't too shabby).
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby link » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:47 pm

I uses the alchemy SD trinket + Crimson Serpent though.
Gives stam + SD = teh win :lol:
link

Postby Elixirs » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:55 pm

I came here to post a similar question and found this thread. I'm not in T5 or T6 content yet, so some of the choices in this thread do not apply to me.

My main question is if I should go with
Icon of the Silver Crescent (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29370)
or
Sorcerer's Alchemist Stone (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=35749)

The full time threat on the stone is more... but I do have the Icon tied to my Avenging Wrath key and I do enjoy the large threat boost I get when using the wings.

So I'm left to wonder if the full time threat would be better than the large burst.
Elixirs of Zangarmarsh
Tanking Movies
Armory Profile
Elixirs

Postby Meliora » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:29 am

I prefer the alchemist stone mainly due to the constant damage + the boost to pots since I chain chug like it is going out of style :)
Meliora

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:30 am

Meliora wrote:I prefer the alchemist stone mainly due to the constant damage + the boost to pots since I chain chug like it is going out of style :)

I only chain chug Ironshield Potions, and the Stone will not help me there..
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby towelliee » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:27 am

I just made the Crimson Serpant last night and omg it was insane Threat Boost for me and the 49 stam and 33 int is a nice addition to your current stats. I like the little snake too. Wish he was able to attack though.

Get on it Blizzard
towelliee

Postby Romman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:33 am

Is it me or hasn't anyone said anything about Darkmoon Card: Vengeance yet? I just got the deck for it and am now watiting for that darn Fair to get back to Elwynn...
Romman

Postby jere » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:34 am

Elixirs wrote:I came here to post a similar question and found this thread. I'm not in T5 or T6 content yet, so some of the choices in this thread do not apply to me.

My main question is if I should go with
Icon of the Silver Crescent (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29370)
or
Sorcerer's Alchemist Stone (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=35749)

The full time threat on the stone is more... but I do have the Icon tied to my Avenging Wrath key and I do enjoy the large threat boost I get when using the wings.

So I'm left to wonder if the full time threat would be better than the large burst.

If you popped the Icon of the Silver Icon everytime the cooldown was up, you would get on the average of just over 68 spell dmg. That is pretty darn close to 63, and you get the benefit of the potions increase from the stone. I would go alchemist stone, unless you just want the Icon for burst threat scenarios.
jere

Postby DeadlyRabbit » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:48 am

I use the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31856 card, I picked it up for when I mess around as ret and when I get exalted in BT I will pickup the trinket from the vendor.
DeadlyRabbit

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice