final 5 points : /

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

final 5 points : /

Postby Rhodair » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:58 am

Hi all. This is my first post here and thought I'd get more constructive feedback than on the main WoW forums. Been loving this site since I've found out about it.

Anyways, I'm trying to decide between 1-hand spec or getting Imp SotC + Imp Retri Aura. The new way Blizz is doing it where it grants 5% more to ALL damage sounds appealing, but I've also read some people saying it's a nerf. I'd love to get retri aura improved as I use it a good deal on trash and I'm thinking having judgement of the crusader improved for boss battles may benefit me more than 1hand spec would, but again, not as for sure on this as some of you may be.

Do many of you foresee the new 1hand spec being the bee's knees or should I nab the other 2?
Rhodair

Postby Lore » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:03 am

New 1hand spec is still better than imp jotc+imp ret aura, imo.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Glyhelm » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:09 am

I see it as only a slight nerf to single-target aggro. Realize that 1hand spec got a nice buff for AoE tanking aggro.

I'd stick with 1-hand.
Glyhelm

Postby Lore » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:23 am

I'm currently able to spam max-rank Consecrate semi-regularly even in single-target situations. Not sure how much the SA nerf next patch is going to affect me there, but I suspect it won't be too bad.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Glyhelm » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:05 am

Lore wrote:I'm currently able to spam max-rank Consecrate semi-regularly even in single-target situations. Not sure how much the SA nerf next patch is going to affect me there, but I suspect it won't be too bad.

I really don't know why, but other that one or two to front-load aggro, I just don't bother with Consecrate on boss fights. I probably should, even though the cooldown management is less. (need to always get Holy Shield up as soon as the cooldown expires)
Glyhelm

Postby Lore » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:30 am

Yeah I usually spam it at the start and then hit it again every 2 or 3 HS'es. My guild has some pretty crazy DPS, so the higher of a ceiling I can give them the better.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Rhodair » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:16 am

Thanks very much for the responces. I'll be going with 1hand spec for sure then. I was thinking improved retri aura would be better for aoe moments, especially since I farm this way but suppose 1hand will benefit just as well if not better. Plus, reading through more posts, I've noticed many saying how devotion aura is the way to be in heroic and Kara so will try straying away from retri soon as I've a little more +dmg.
Rhodair

Return to Basic Training & Talents