Remove Advertisements

Lady Vashj

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Lady Vashj

Postby Blitzago » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:54 pm

What would you need for DPS to kill Vash.

We run with some pretty high DPS mages/lock and a really good melee group.

We run with 3 locks and mages putting 1200+ DPS

A melee group all around 900 - 1k

3 Shadow Priests 1k or so

we also have a feral druid thats mainly a tank doing 800 DPS.

Our melee group goes

Enh Shammy
Ret Pally
Fury War
Rogue
Rogue

Im fairly sure these guys and our hunter should be able to take the adds down, I was wondering instead of 3 mages and 3 locks, maybe drop 1 of each, to add some hunters which will help I believe in p3, for shooting the bats, or you think we should just keep this setup, and zerg vash and not worry about the bat shit, we have roughly 900 DPS average from our group, so im fairly confident if we can get past p2 we will be able to take her down without even focusing on the bats.
Blitzago

Postby Salamandra » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:17 pm

Don't go too crazy with the melee dps. Last time we did it we had 8 melee dps and other tank got static charged, all the melee got rooted and my Blessing of Freedom was still on cooldown (I think I was the only one who was doing it). All melee dps died. That was in phase 3.
Salamandra

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:46 pm

More than 4 melee dps is too much. I'd say even 4 is too much for this fight.

Dotters are ftw. 2-3 shadowpriests are very good, so are affli locks, they win on Striders, and can dps the nagas at same time.

Bring 5-6 mage/boomkin/elem shaman/destro locks for sides. Or use melees for em if you lack "direct damage casters".
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Blitzago » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:08 pm

We like to have a complete melee group, they got some pretty decent burst damage. We run with 3 Destro Locks, and 3 Fire mages, all our locks/mages and shadow priests are 1k+ DPS. From Lores post it said if you get into p3 you need like 5200 raid DPS to kill vash, we have way more than that, we can also have a few on the birds.
Blitzago

Postby Salamandra » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:38 am

Make sure the people who kite the striders (It's always been affliction warlocks with me) actually know how to kite. A couple of times people who seemingly have no kiting ability have been in the raid and keep on kiting the striders through the middle. Getting feared is quite hazardous when you have 4 naga on you.
Salamandra

Postby Blitzago » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:08 am

Our Raid Leader whos a destruction warlock will be kitting them around, with people slowing them with nets and our pally tank tossing a shield every time possible

Which fight you guys think would be easier? Kael or Vashj?
Blitzago

Postby Stilgarr » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:47 am

Vashj is definatley easier tbh.

Once you get the excution of the fight sorted then she's as good as dead.

Killing Striders is the key to this fight personally. Another thing you "could" try is to have 1 person with the sole job of getting the cores.

Mark the bloke at the top of each ramp and have them call out the symbol where the tainted is. They run and loot it while the ramp guy carries on his job. They throw it to the guy at the top of the ramp and run back up and get it thrown back to them.
While no tainted elementals are up they can always off heal / dps.

1st time we tried it like that we 1-shotted her for our 1st kill. An expected 3 hour learning raid turned into a 30 min blast ;)

Might not work for you guys but it may help :)
Stilgarr

Postby Frickit » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:54 pm

We are failing. We lack dotters. We have decided that we dont need a ton of dots to win. I disagree. We dont have an aff. lock either. Dest lock is kiting. Eles are getting loose. Naga are not dying. What can we do? Our dps is usually killer and I doubt we will be changing the raid group.

What dps first naga or strider? Whos best on elementals? We have hunters a couple mages and a couple dest locks.
Frickit

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:17 pm

Tyipically you have one or two melee in the inner circle dpsing the naga, all ranged focus on the strider whenever the elemental on their side isn't up.
The kiter doesn't have to be the slower anyway.

1: I avenger shield striders if I have my naga tidy in my consecration
2: a mage can shoot rank 1 frostbolt to slow strider down
3: netherweave nets are op
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Maklar » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:21 pm

We always split our dps on the striders/nagas. We would have groups specifically assigned to them. When striders weren't up they would go for the nagas. Usually, spriests should be on striders since they could mindflay them. Frost mage would be too if you have one. Melee would be on naga/elemental.

It's been a while since we've done her so I don't remember the exact group make ups.
Maklar

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:22 pm

We use a moonkin on striders when we do vashj :D

I dislike channeled spells for kiting, even mindflay, but that's just me.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern