Remove Advertisements

Threat trinket selection

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Threat trinket selection

Postby superworm » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:11 am

Honestly I never used a threat trinket before, so I'm wondering what threat trinket is better.

The threat trinket I can think of:
Ashtongue Talisman of Zeal
Tome of Fiery Redemption
Darkmoon Card: Crusade
Hex Shrunken Head
Icon of the Silver Crescent

Anyway Hex Shrunken Head is random drop so I add Icon of the Silver Crescent here. I think Darkmoon Card: Crusade could give us both +120 AP and +80 SD though AP is not that useful to us. That being said, we could use Hex Shrunken Head with our wings to increase its efficiency. And for single target tanking I'm not sure whether Ashtongue Talisman of Zeal is the best as they say the dot is holy damage.

So which threat trinket do you prefer?
User avatar
superworm
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Postby mmatrix » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:14 am

I must say eye of mag is good..
mmatrix
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:43 am

Postby superworm » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:46 am

mmatrix wrote:I must say eye of mag is good..


I believe eye of mag only proc after full resists?
User avatar
superworm
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:09 am

superworm wrote:
mmatrix wrote:I must say eye of mag is good..


I believe eye of mag only proc after full resists?

With 17% resist chance we got it quite often.

That said, our best single target TPS trinket is the BT one.
Best AoEtanking trinket looks like being the ToFR, but it's not controlled burst. Icon/HexShrunkenHead are good for that purpose.
The DMC is our best substained TPS boost trinket as well.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13347
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Ketsurui » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:40 am

Figurine - Crimson Serpent

JC only, obviously.
Ketsurui
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Gorgonnash

Postby superworm » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:42 am

Worldie wrote:With 17% resist chance we got it quite often.

That said, our best single target TPS trinket is the BT one.
Best AoEtanking trinket looks like being the ToFR, but it's not controlled burst. Icon/HexShrunkenHead are good for that purpose.
The DMC is our best substained TPS boost trinket as well.


Thanks for the explanation. I will try to get all these and switch them according to the situation. Maybe I could find one that suits me best.
User avatar
superworm
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:56 am

Worldie wrote:That said, our best single target TPS trinket is the BT one.
Best AoEtanking trinket looks like being the ToFR, but it's not controlled burst. Icon/HexShrunkenHead are good for that purpose.
The DMC is our best substained TPS boost trinket as well.


Is this still the case? I thought the Talisman ( http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32489 ) had gotten nerfed at some point; once it used to refresh the dot, now it's just a 50% proc? Thought I'd read something to that effect here, once upon a time.

I used the Talisman for a while and was sorely disappointed, but I'm not a big fan of depending on % proc.

I tend to use the Icon of the Silver Crescent ( http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29370 ) when I just need 1 threat trinket, IotSC + ToFR ( http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30447 ) when I wear two (but I don't like the proc based, and as soon as I get another Timbal's ( http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34470 ) I'll probably bank it forevermore).

What I hate about ToFR is that it'll proc when I refresh blessings 20 seconds before we pull.

I also have a Battlemaster's Audacity ( http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34049 ) that I should probably start carrying around too, come to think.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Postby lesurk » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:13 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Is this still the case? I thought the Talisman ( http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32489 ) had gotten nerfed at some point; once it used to refresh the dot, now it's just a 50% proc? Thought I'd read something to that effect here, once upon a time.

I used the Talisman for a while and was sorely disappointed, but I'm not a big fan of depending on % proc.


Even without the refresh bug I believe the ATZ works out to around 60 tps. That's pretty significant.
lesurk
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:36 pm

Postby agnara » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:01 pm

It's exactly 57 tps, more with sanctity and 2% threat enchant.


I was exhalted and didn't even think about this trinket, I'm going to try it for the first time on gorefiend in 10 min.
Image
User avatar
agnara
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Somewhere, thinking about something, most likely off-topic.

Postby lesurk » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:04 pm

agnara wrote:It's exactly 57 tps, more with sanctity and 2% threat enchant.


I was exhalted and didn't even think about this trinket, I'm going to try it for the first time on gorefiend in 10 min.


Don't forget 1 hand spec.
lesurk
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:36 pm

Postby Invisusira » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:06 pm

DMC, for threat purposes, should simply read "Increases spell damage by 80" because that's what it does.
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Postby agnara » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:40 pm

lesurk wrote:
agnara wrote:It's exactly 57 tps, more with sanctity and 2% threat enchant.


I was exhalted and didn't even think about this trinket, I'm going to try it for the first time on gorefiend in 10 min.


Don't forget 1 hand spec.

You're right.


Anyway, I tested the threat trinket and i'm doing way more threat than I usually do. 1.3k tps last time, 1.4k tps this time.
Image
User avatar
agnara
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:59 am
Location: Somewhere, thinking about something, most likely off-topic.

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:56 pm

Hmm. Guess I'll try the Talisman again next run, but I really hate the 50% proc rate dependency.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Postby Airanna » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:25 pm

I know relying on a proc rate seems iffy, in my experience with the ATZ though that 50% rate has literally meant every other judgement procced. ATZ is also holy damage and gets a tiny spell damage coefficient (I think it was around 7% spread out over the ticks). By the math usually thrown about the IotSC (for example) would give you 41 extra tps, compared to ATZ giving you around 60 depending on just how high your spell damage is.

This is of course on a single target, for AoE I'd lean more toward the SD boost of IotSC or DMC:Crusade depending on which is easier for you to pick up.
Image
User avatar
Airanna
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:25 pm

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:31 pm

Airanna wrote:I know relying on a proc rate seems iffy, in my experience with the ATZ though that 50% rate has literally meant every other judgement procced. ATZ is also holy damage and gets a tiny spell damage coefficient (I think it was around 7% spread out over the ticks). By the math usually thrown about the IotSC (for example) would give you 41 extra tps, compared to ATZ giving you around 60 depending on just how high your spell damage is.

This is of course on a single target, for AoE I'd lean more toward the SD boost of IotSC or DMC:Crusade depending on which is easier for you to pick up.


I'm almost 100% positive AToZ doesn't have a damage coefficient. That said, a 50% proc chance every 8 seconds is plenty high enough to get a nice averaged threat gain over the length of a boss fight. Proc doesn't automatically equal "unreliable"....the proc rate, frequency of use, and fight length all have to be taken into account.
Image

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
User avatar
Dorvan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8462
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:28 pm

Next

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests