Notes from my First Full Clear

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Notes from my First Full Clear

Postby towelliee » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:35 am

Last night was huge for my guild as we went in and took down ZA for the first time and all in one night. We had been stuck on the 4th boss (hanzalli) for us for about a month before Friday.

We went in yesterday with the following group:

Warrior Tank (20k buffed)
Pally Tank (Me 17.7K buffed)
Druid Healer
Pally Healer
Priest Healer
Warrior Fury
Hunter
Mage
Warlock
Boomkin

Eagle Boss - Nottin new here, move in for the storm and keep raid topped off. Seed of Corruption on the flying bird and your golden.

Bear Boss - Tank n spank I had Human form, MT had Bear. We couldn't beat the second timer due to a death in previous pull.

NOTE: no Shammy for Bloodlust so our DPS was pretty much slow n steady the whole night until Zuljin.

DragonHawk Boss - Always an open spot for explosion near tank most time. As pally I always have hard time grabbing all adds even with 480 SD buffed. I dunno if the Locks are hitting em up before my concecrate lays down but it was ok we didn't lost anyone.

Lynxx Boss - I had ym Lynxx macro going, totems were a buit of trouble but after yelling a bit here and there we got them down along with the boss. To think 2 weeks ago he was one shotting me lol.

Hexlord - He had the healer/dragonking/Imp/undead fat guy. Sheep on Healer. I tanked both the Dragonking and the Undead Fat guy. The Imp was banished. Key I have seen in this fight is having a Priest with he AOE heal. During the Spirit Bolts I was healing the priest while he was AOE healing raid. Worst thing Hex did was take Pally form cause it blows but the MT moved around nicely to stay out of Concecrate and so forth.

Note: The night before we had 3 healing Shammys and even grouped up together for chain healing didn't work out too well.

Zul`Jin - Ok first off I thought this was going to be hard.

Phase 1 - Just top off the person with the nasty debuff

Phase 2 - Creeping Petrification was taken care of as we had Druids in raid, the second it was
up they were down instantly.

Phase 3 - OMG DIE we wiped on this twice. I still didn't understand the mechanics of the tornadoe but we all finally stood in nice areas like around the corners and got him down with no deaths a lot fo near deaths. But I off healed the raid went into bubble to heal in crunch time.

Phase 4 - SOOOO easy just stay on Lynxx's ass and heal the person being raped.

Phase 5 - Well the fire poles were nasty to begin with as was the fire debuff. At first we had em down to like 11% QUICK then all a sudden we're cruising and we're about to celebrate when at 4% people start dropping. I guess everyone forgot your fire damage taken is increased as fight goes on. So 2 healers went down, one left and me off tanking and like 2 dps with 1% left. I lay on hands the lock, the tank Shield Walled and I bubbled and we downed him.

All in all this was our first ever clear of ZA and in ONE NIGHT. I won the Blood of Zuljin quest with a 99 roll over 3 others who rolled

:)

I ended up with 28 badges last night so I was happy. ZA is not hard at all when you have the right group makeup.
towelliee

Re: Notes from my First Full Clear

Postby Neara » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:00 am

towelliee wrote:Eagle Boss - Nottin new here, move in for the storm and keep raid topped off. Seed of Corruption on the flying bird and your golden.

wasted dps, keep on nuking akilzon and ignore the birds, they respawn after every storm, so no point in killing them
Neara

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:17 am

For your hawk kill.

Grabbing birds is a 4-step
1: Go to the platform with the eggs.
2: JoR the first bird
3: Taunt the next two birds.
4: Consecrate their spawn point.

This way they all stay on you. Healing aggro is how you tipically lose the first few.

Gear up a little more. My ultimate recommendation is: Warrior tank goes deeps on single-tank fights, and you tank everything. It's faster this way.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:23 am

Snake-Aes wrote:4: Consecrate their spawn point.

Do you mean right up by the eggs? Because I thought that when he firebombs and puts up the fire walls, anyone outside of them will get ported back to the platform.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby antiy4ho0 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:26 am

I do hawk adds slightly different:

JoB (Just for no resist chance) first one
Avenger Shield next 2 (Have to wait a little bit, usually I can time it where it hits the 2 coming and the one already on me
Taunt the next 3 (they'll all be on the same healer)

After that you're golden. It also helps to have a frost trap dropped at your feet.
antiy4ho0

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:31 am

Guillex wrote:

Do you mean right up by the eggs? Because I thought that when he firebombs and puts up the fire walls, anyone outside of them will get ported back to the platform.
You do. Still a piece of cake job to go back and get them. I don't even bother avoiding fire bombs if the stacks are low(typically they are as i tank them FR-capped), and just run straight to the beginning of the bridge till the fire walls are down. By then usually all birds are being tanked and AOEd
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:39 am

Guillex wrote:

Yeah, once you get ported you simply go back to the side you're on and drop a consecrate in front of the bridge then go find a safe spot to stand nearish the boss (to help reduce the chance to get flame-breathed). A couple seconds later DPS goes all out on the birds. You've got plenty of time after being ported to get to the bridge and drop your consecrate to pick up any eggs that hatched after you got ported.

I was recently doing a bear run as a sub pally tank for a group whose regular tank was not available and they were hollering at me to tank the birds on the bridge near the raid so I "wouldn't get ported". I commented politely, "It'll be fine". Which it was. We completed that run with 7 minutes to spare.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Teyrocar » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:06 pm

Gratz on the successful ZA clear, bro. :)
Teyrocar

Postby Jellypop » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:48 pm

once the healers get better gear / experienced.

you might want to swap out the druid healer for more dps, to achieve closer to 4 timed.
Jellypop

Postby rodos » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:54 pm

Good info about the bird strats on dragonhawk. I was having trouble picking them up with Cons alone. However, we found that a frost trap on the bridge with cons dropped on top of it does a pretty good job.
rodos

Postby Minn » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Congrats on a successful clear.

Phase 2 - Creeping Petrification was taken care of as we had Druids in raid, the second it was
up they were down instantly.

I'm not sure what a Druid brings to this phase, since Creeping Paralysis is a magic debuff. Typically a Priest will drop Mass Dispel on the raid, with a Paladin tossing in a Cleanse or two to make sure the tank/healers are safe or to cover for any pets.
Minn

Postby Jtree » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:24 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Guillex wrote:

You do. Still a piece of cake job to go back and get them. I don't even bother avoiding fire bombs if the stacks are low(typically they are as i tank them FR-capped), and just run straight to the beginning of the bridge till the fire walls are down. By then usually all birds are being tanked and AOEd

I only tank it with 160 or so FR, so I use the opportunity to find a nice bomb-free spot. But with that many hatchlings out, healer aggro has been reduced to nil, so the last ticks of consecration on the bridge makes sure they all zero in on me.

To the OP: just make sure the folks assigned to AoE don't start before you've called for it. I try to make sure I have all 20 on me for a few tics before I tell them to burn. Lock+Boomkin FTW.
Jtree

Postby nipherdil » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:36 pm

dont mean to steal post but

my guild was having a ton of trouble /w the dragon hawk boss over the weekend, we had enough wipes that ppl actually got fed up and left the raid and even the guild :shock: ( dont mind loseing those kind of ppl though)

some of the probs we had were ppl trying to avoid bombs and runing into fire walls, I was trying to run back after a tele to pick up the rest of the birds and ran into a fire wall >< and we were having issues /w positioning the boss for flame breathe.

so just a few questions

where should we position the boss? currently he is tanked in the upper left corner while the rest of us go to the right bridge. our tank says doing this will keep us from getting hit /w flame breath. A pug that we picked up after ppl left from wipes says that we are doing it wrong and he should be tanked in the middle?

should I stand on the bridge or just far enough off it that I dont get tele'd or hit by the fire wall? (thnk I read that only ppl on the bridge get tele'd?)

should we be hatching all the eggs? I can take the dmg but it seems like when we get tele'd there are alot of birds left? especially when we go to the other side to kill the 2nd half (seems we get tele'd quicker?)

just reread the post above me, should I we wait to aoe the birds till they are all hatched, I did notice birds getting by me; and Im thinking maybe if they wait for em all to hatch before aoeing then I would have enough arrgo that the brids will come find me after the tele?
nipherdil

Postby Huma » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:45 am

we usualy tank the boss to the top right corner tanks back to fence and boss's back to u, u should spread to minimize raid damage from breath, as there seems to be a safe spot on the top left corner with the skull pile for the bombs (when he is bombin run to there be there till bombs go off then spread again)

Why are u bein tele'd ? U shouldnt be, if the bird tank is teleported he is doin wrong, he should pick the birds where the bridge ends not on the bridge not on the platform. jor the first, sor the other 2, then they will be on the tank due to consec. and aoe should always wait till u have some nice aggro there, the birdies cant kill u as they hit like belf girls, say aoe to wait till u have most of the birds on u.
Huma

Postby towelliee » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:16 am

We do it either way its really our tanks call on the positioning of the Dragonhawk. What we do it imagine if your facing the boss.

- MD boss to tank and in beginning the tank goes to the right side of eggs with one healer.
(so hes IN THE EGG AREA with boss)

- 2 hatchers come out. We take out the hatcher going to the tank on right and let the left one go to unleash all eggs on left side

- I stand at opening to bridge. I lay down a concencrate before hand in middle of bridgeand go back to opening. A frost trap is laid out with my concecrate and as their coming toward me i lay down more concencrates. Finally by time the trap is up their all out and I Shield them to me and tab target like crazy. Then Mages Locks do their thing.

- In between of course we're avoiding explosions which is hella easy just stop dps find a place and keep dpsing.

- Then after the hatchers come again the tank drags the Hawk to side we just cleared and we let the right hatcher go and rinse and repeat.

Now one of our tanks likes to tank him in middle cause its less moving for him our other tank likes to take him to the bone piled corner we all spread out of course.

During enrage I off heal tank and raid if need be and we win.
towelliee

Next

Return to Zul'aman