Bear OT's

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Bear OT's

Postby BubbaBill » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:29 am

Hey guys,

Question for you all what are some resonable numbers for a Bear off-tank in Kara. In particular he wants to be able to get in on the Illhoof fight and tank Kilreq. I know Warrior/Pallies need the magic 485 Def. I've heard Bear's are alot differnt. What kind of numbers will he need to keep Kilreq from critting him?
BubbaBill

Postby Neara » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:36 am

You don't need to tank kilrek, just kill him oO
I tanked him on my warlock, no real need to be crit-immun as a Feral Druid
Neara

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:59 am

Neara wrote:You don't need to tank kilrek, just kill him oO

SLANDEROUS LIES

Druids need crit-immune like any other tank. They get a free 2% or so from talents, but they have to make up for the rest.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby BubbaBill » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:09 am

We are light DPS and Light AoE we don't kill him. It's inefficient and it's the best our healers can do to keep up with me(Illhoof+imps) and Uncrittable Warrior(Kilreq). Warrior won't be there next weekend though. And the bear really wants a crack at the staff, it dropped this week and we had tovendor it.
BubbaBill

Postby Mordinm » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:10 am

I don't recall what level Kil'rek is (or how to spell his name) but a feral druid needs 415 defense to be uncritable against boss level mobs. As for Kil'rek in particular, him criting you is not really a problem. Don't worry about it. Being uncritable is not really about reducing total damage intake as much as stopping extrem spiking. Not being crit immune isn't going to increase the total damage taken by that much and Kil'rek himself will not cause your off tank to spike hard when he crits.
Mordinm

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:56 am

Might as well just get the druid to dps and tank kil'rek yourself. aoes should take him down eventually, and as long as you keep FR aura up, the debuff will hardly be an issue.

And your melee better be using double damage stuff like cleave, flurry, sweeping strikes when kil'rek is alive. sweeping strikes + cleave = gg double damage on both, blade flurry = gg double damage with 20% boost
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Neara » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:18 am

Snake-Aes wrote:

SLANDEROUS LIES

Druids need crit-immune like any other tank. They get a free 2% or so from talents, but they have to make up for the rest.

He asked about Kilrek. If any healer can't keep a Druid up who's tanking kilrek regardless specc, defense-stats and anything else, that healer should go back to heal Deadmines. If Kil'rek is tanked at all from said Feral Druid he should just go in full kitty-gear.

And kilrek has what 50k HP? It takes a normal kara-raid ~10 seconds to bring him down and gives 25% more dmg on terestian for 45 seconds. There is no raid-setup existing that would make a terestian kill faster by not killing kil'rek
Neara

Postby BubbaBill » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:23 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Might as well just get the druid to dps and tank kil'rek yourself. aoes should take him down eventually, and as long as you keep FR aura up, the debuff will hardly be an issue.

Auras FR and Consentration, me and Holy pally.

I don't know about that one with alot of imps up the debuff is a substantial increase in damage taken. I can certainly hold aggro on them all but the question is with all those imps I think that the Kireq debuff will be too much incoming pain. WWS report shows average fire hit just over 100 with the max around 600. I assume the max was I picked up the kireq debuff at some point and took a few nasty ones. I can't hold up under all those imps if they're hitting me in the 600 range. I have no idea as to the number of imps but my screen was FULL of them at a few points just before the holy and I would fire off our Holy Wraths. Then they would be ok and build up again while we waited for HW CD.
BubbaBill

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:29 am

Kil'rek can be dps-tanked, too. Our local dps warriors and rogues did that a lot. This way you get to reliably keep the debuff away from harm and not lose much dps on illhoof.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby ldeboer » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:11 am

BubbaBill wrote:I have no idea as to the number of imps but my screen was FULL of them at a few points just before the holy and I would fire off our Holy Wraths

Sorry missing something don't you have any locks or mages in raid?

There shouldn't be that many imps up just get lock to seed or mage to do aoe when there numbers start to build you should have enuf agro so only 1 or 2 of new spawns might go after the lock or mage nothing they should be able to then quickly target and kill.
ldeboer

Postby iwillpunishu » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:01 pm

BubbaBill wrote:I have no idea as to the number of imps but my screen was FULL of them at a few points just before the holy and I would fire off our Holy Wraths

Your doing holy wrath while tanking illhoof? Isnt that like a 3 second cast, and your most likely getting hit with imps as well? Seems like you would be taking alot of damage while trying to get that thing to cast.
iwillpunishu

Postby BubbaBill » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:35 pm

iwillpunishu wrote:Your doing holy wrath while tanking illhoof? Isnt that like a 3 second cast, and your most likely getting hit with imps as well? Seems like you would be taking alot of damage while trying to get that thing to cast.

Actually the push back isn't that bad. Holy pally keeping up improved Concentration aura, and Resto Shammy Earth Shield give fairly good resiliance to the pushback effect. Casting time is 2 seconds It fires off in less than 3.
BubbaBill

Postby sweeney » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:15 pm

During that 2 seconds you're taking fully unavoided hits every time someone hits you. If your healers are having a tough time this is definately making their job tougher.

I've tanked that fight a ton and I'd never, ever use Holy Wrath, even to pull. I get far better results from managing mana such that I can keep Consecration down all the time.

Your mileage may vary of course, but the folks who are giving you this advice have had this fight on farm for a long time, so they know what they're talking about. :)

If you have absolutely no mages or locks I'd honestly skip Illhoof (I don't think it's worth it in that situation), but lacking that I'd have one of your melee kill imps during the fight to keep things under control. For instance, a bear or warrior could easily round up a few imps along with Kilrek and whittle them down. An arms warrior with ww/victory rush can burn down quite a few in short order.
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

Postby Chevalier » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:39 pm

Neara wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:

SLANDEROUS LIES

He asked about Kilrek. If any healer can't keep a Druid up who's tanking kilrek regardless specc, defense-stats and anything else, that healer should go back to heal Deadmines. If Kil'rek is tanked at all from said Feral Druid he should just go in full kitty-gear.

And kilrek has what 50k HP? It takes a normal kara-raid ~10 seconds to bring him down and gives 25% more dmg on terestian for 45 seconds. There is no raid-setup existing that would make a terestian kill faster by not killing kil'rek

thats -100% damage on Illhoof for 10 seconds...you endup breaking even
Chevalier

Postby HiImRagnos » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:54 pm

Am i the only one that noticed the poster said 485 def and not 490? >.>
I hate double stamina trinkets.
HiImRagnos

Next

Return to Karazhan