Remove Advertisements

RoS P3

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Seloei » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:22 am

Your warrior's fail at equipping high block value set and using Shield Block on p1? you don't have to be nb1 in threat to hold him so shield block > all.
BV is decent threat set for p2 also so...

We start off with a Warrior with high bv tank him the first phase, he ends up at around ~50% when enrage hits, rogue tanks him. I go in, hold him until his dead (and if needed a second rogue goes in). Warrior tanks p2 and i tank p3.

Phase1 is just a rotation of tanks. Even ask your resto druids go bear form and eat a few blows if you must.
Image
Seloei
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:24 am
Location: Estonia

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:13 am

Seloei wrote:Phase1 is just a rotation of tanks. Even ask your resto druids go bear form and eat a few blows if you must.
The only thing that matters is hp in this fight, and then block value and pure avoidance. Blessing of Sanctuary and blessing of sacrifice both have their best use here, because you're always at 0 armor anyway. As long as the tanks don't die, threat doesn't matter because fixate lasts 5 seconds and is cast every 5 seconds.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Moraus » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:42 am

Lakirby wrote:Brothers? Don't assume all tankadins are male :)

We've killed RoS 4 times. 3 times with a warrior MT on p3, once with me tanking p3. Not only did I take less damage over the course of the phase due to taking far less soul scream damage, but I also generate more threat than the warrior MT on it. All in all, we think it made for a much smoother kill.


<3 lakirby

yeah pally mt all the way on p3, shame its about the ONLY thing im allowed to mt, lol at OMG MOAR THAN ONE TANK IN SWP :O
Image
Moraus
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:18 am

Postby superworm » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:22 pm

A quick question: how much SD do you need to hold aggro in P3?

I know our threat scales with holy damage, so if I can hold aggro on other bosses, do I need to stack more SD or just remain the same gear?

Currently I'm around 500 SD unbuffed and our top dps is around 1400.
User avatar
superworm
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Postby Novariety » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:53 pm

superworm wrote:A quick question: how much SD do you need to hold aggro in P3?

I know our threat scales with holy damage, so if I can hold aggro on other bosses, do I need to stack more SD or just remain the same gear?

Currently I'm around 500 SD unbuffed and our top dps is around 1400.


that unbuffed SD sounds ok for your dps. I have tanked P3 twice now (new guild with warlocks pushing 2k dps) and use my threat set which I think is about 650 SD unbuffed or there abouts.

If you haven't got a SD trinket (41 badge one which the name escapes me atm, is good) and can afford to use one I would use it.
Image
Image
Image
Novariety
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 10:55 pm
Location: Perth Australia

Postby superworm » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:51 am

Novariety wrote:that unbuffed SD sounds ok for your dps. I have tanked P3 twice now (new guild with warlocks pushing 2k dps) and use my threat set which I think is about 650 SD unbuffed or there abouts.

If you haven't got a SD trinket (41 badge one which the name escapes me atm, is good) and can afford to use one I would use it.


So when do you pop your wings and use trinket/destruction potions? At the start of the battle or wait until someone is catching up with your threat?

I don't have a SD trinket now but getting one with badges is no problem (600+ badges in bank). Is the battlemaster trinket better than the silver crescent one?
User avatar
superworm
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:35 am

start of the battle, combined with wigns and destru pot.

When someone catches you it's too late already to regain aggro, just taunt and keep it up.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13348
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Base » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:52 am

superworm wrote:So when do you pop your wings and use trinket/destruction potions? At the start of the battle or wait until someone is catching up with your threat?

I don't have a SD trinket now but getting one with badges is no problem (600+ badges in bank). Is the battlemaster trinket better than the silver crescent one?


Icon is nice for the on use extra threat at the start - wings + icon + destro pot = uncatchable threat lead.
Image
User avatar
Base
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:53 am

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:02 am

Elthar wrote:
superworm wrote:So when do you pop your wings and use trinket/destruction potions? At the start of the battle or wait until someone is catching up with your threat?

I don't have a SD trinket now but getting one with badges is no problem (600+ badges in bank). Is the battlemaster trinket better than the silver crescent one?


Icon is nice for the on use extra threat at the start - wings + icon + destro pot = uncatchable threat lead.
I wish =( My threat set had 550 sd by the first time I did it, and I used all that shizz and the warlock caught up at the final 5%
"QQ I'm threat capped" No one realized the wait-for-seethe problem was solved! >.>
Can't wait to do it again tomorrow, with 800sd /roar


Answering worm: The icon is better threat on the merit of the use-effect alone. This fight doesn't last long enough for better passives to make a difference.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15538
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby superworm » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:52 am

Snake-Aes wrote:The icon is better threat on the merit of the use-effect alone. This fight doesn't last long enough for better passives to make a difference.


Now thinking of it, the fight shouldn't last longer than 100 seconds, so I will purchase the icon and use it together with wings and destruction potions. Thanks for the advice!
User avatar
superworm
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:03 am

Worldie wrote:start of the battle, combined with wigns and destru pot.

When someone catches you it's too late already to regain aggro, just taunt and keep it up.


Probably doesn't matter much, but I delay popping all my threat abilities until after the second consecrate goes down....and perhaps a second or two after that. It allows a nice threat cushion to start and keeps the threat meters looking consistent for the raid. The locks still catch up near the end of the fight but the threat has a smoother feel than if I popped everything on the first consecrate. There's something to be said for the DPS blowing all cooldowns the same time the tank does. Necessary? Of course not, it's the same amount of threat regardless over the time period.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:19 am

Postby Novariety » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:12 pm

superworm wrote:
Novariety wrote:that unbuffed SD sounds ok for your dps. I have tanked P3 twice now (new guild with warlocks pushing 2k dps) and use my threat set which I think is about 650 SD unbuffed or there abouts.

If you haven't got a SD trinket (41 badge one which the name escapes me atm, is good) and can afford to use one I would use it.


So when do you pop your wings and use trinket/destruction potions? At the start of the battle or wait until someone is catching up with your threat?

I don't have a SD trinket now but getting one with badges is no problem (600+ badges in bank). Is the battlemaster trinket better than the silver crescent one?


what the above posters have said. I blow them all at the start.
Image
Image
Image
Novariety
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 10:55 pm
Location: Perth Australia

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:31 pm

inthedrops wrote:
Worldie wrote:start of the battle, combined with wigns and destru pot.

When someone catches you it's too late already to regain aggro, just taunt and keep it up.


Probably doesn't matter much, but I delay popping all my threat abilities until after the second consecrate goes down....and perhaps a second or two after that. It allows a nice threat cushion to start and keeps the threat meters looking consistent for the raid. The locks still catch up near the end of the fight but the threat has a smoother feel than if I popped everything on the first consecrate. There's something to be said for the DPS blowing all cooldowns the same time the tank does. Necessary? Of course not, it's the same amount of threat regardless over the time period.

Actually i usually judge crusader on pull, and pop "everything" when judgement has 2 seconds CD :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13348
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby superworm » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:13 am

Worldie wrote:Actually i usually judge crusader on pull, and pop "everything" when judgement has 2 seconds CD :)


A pity that our main ret pal is on vacation. Although we have another ret pal but he is mainly in pvp gear...
User avatar
superworm
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:56 am

:cry: We never had a ret pala :(

No well, we had one who was in the guild for like 2 days Oo
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13348
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?