Zulaman Trash Gear

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Zulaman Trash Gear

Postby towelliee » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:42 am

I am not sure if this belongs in Gear or Here.

But from what I see Pallys are used for

1 - gaunlet on Bird boss
2 - Trash to Dragon hawkboss
3 - Trash to the Lynxx

Now for these 3 encounters what TYPE of gear do you guys use? BR/BV with SD gear? Or does your nomal high avoidance gear work for this.
towelliee

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:47 am

I go threat set all the way on everything other than halazzi, malacrass and zul'jin. It's mostly the boss tank set + spell damage instead of avoidance trinkets and SD shield instead of defense shield.

Those three roles are where we excel but the paladins aren't impaired on any part of the instance. Like I said before, the best setups i've seen so far include the paladin tanking everything that just requires 1 tank, and doing the extra tanking where 2 tanks are necessary(lynx,hawk)
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Mordinm » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:56 am

It's the adds on Dragon Hawk not the trash. The Dragon Hawk fight is the reason to bring a pally tank as far as I am concered. The Gaunlet is easier with a pally but honestly it's not that hard without. For Lynx trash what pulls do get AoE'ed are just not that big and can be easily controled by whatever 2 tanks you bring. Trying Dragonhawk without a pally tank though is just a pain.
Mordinm

Postby samoa » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:26 am

halazzi, malacrass and zul'jin
Yeah i use spell dmg gear on all mobs in ZA and have health above 16k. Except those three bosses, Halazzi you have to help take the cleave, And also Troll form as well..
samoa

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:28 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I go threat set all the way on everything other than halazzi, malacrass and zul'jin. It's mostly the boss tank set + spell damage instead of avoidance trinkets and SD shield instead of defense shield.

Those three roles are where we excel but the paladins aren't impaired on any part of the instance. Like I said before, the best setups i've seen so far include the paladin tanking everything that just requires 1 tank, and doing the extra tanking where 2 tanks are necessary(lynx,hawk)

Similar for me. Except I switch over to my boss tanking rig once we get to first pair of bears at the stairs leading to the Bear boss. I simply do not want to die there. Otherwise it's max threat for trash (50% avoidance at most). For eagle I wear a set of gear that uses a lot of block rating (crap block value though) to remain uncrushable but keeps my spell damage high (700 something). I keep assuming eagle crushes but I'm too lazy to actually look that up :) For trash my spell damage is around the 750 mark. In my boss rig my spell damage is around 560. These are all unbuffed values. Buffed I'm running something like 875 spell damage on trash and it's total overkill. But I rarely have to take a mana pot and can therefore save my cooldowns for destruction pots on fights like Eagle where the DPS catches up to me pretty quick while I slowly run oom :) Our healers are really good so I can afford to do this.

Note, I am taking these numbers off the top of my head. I might be fibbing a little bit but I think they're pretty close.

I think what's important for you is just making sure you go into the fight with enough avoidance and health that the healers can keep you alive, and then worrying about threat from then on. If when you do these runs you're constantly going out of mana then that's a sign that you either need to increase your threat so that you can consecrate less, or you need to reduce your avoidance so that you take more damage......just not at the expense of dieing. If you've done all that, then you're doing the best you can do and the dps just has to watch their agro.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:32 am

On halazzi I just tank everything.The other tank goes dps in tank gear and I hold the lynx once it spawns alongside with everything else.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:52 am

Snake-Aes wrote:On halazzi I just tank everything.The other tank goes dps in tank gear and I hold the lynx once it spawns alongside with everything else.

Hehe. I used to run ZA with two pally tanks all the time. And Halazzi is tauntable. Anytime the Lynx runs after a healer it would be a crap shoot as to which tankadin ended up tanking Halazzi :) One taunt followed by the other pally taunting. Good times.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby samoa » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:30 am

Yeah i still stay above 490def with (50% Avoidence) when i use my spell threat gear. I run with some elite healers So maybe that's why i stay alive.. :D
samoa

Postby Achtung » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:18 pm

I run in my normal tanking gear for the whole run, because I have a habit of forgetting to swap gear back in for boss fights.

Completely ballsed up a timed run last night, had 18 minutes on the clock after Jan'alai, got to the 3rd lynx ambush and wiped. Missed the timer by about 20 seconds in the end, and then when we went to kill Hex Lord, one of my guildies realised that I was still wearing my complete FR set from Jan'alai -_-...

Sonofa!
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde - Retired Feb '09
Achtung

Postby Seloei » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:14 am

Full threat gear from start to end. Even on Halazzi/hlm/zj.

If your starting then i would rather suggest picking what you feel helps your group more. If you do not have geared t6 locks for example who can triple crit in a row for 8k each your better off with avoidance gear to make life for the healers easier.
If you have the dps riding your arse like it's no tommorow, swap in more threat gear.

Bosses, you either tank em, offheal or "loldps". Eagle in healgear (heal intensive fight with a bad timer), Bear in threat gear (startoff huge threat), Hawk in fire res gear (adds are wimps then), Halazzi in threat gear (long range taunt + frisbee + bop if need be)

To get the best time you would be tanking everything and the other tank will be only swaping in to fill the slots. But it all depends on how good/bad is the group and what you are missing at what points.
Seloei

Return to Zul'aman