Murmur

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Murmur

Postby honorshammer » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:42 am

Can you use Divine Shield to protect yourself from eating at least one sonic boom? That way I'd be able to stay in range for at least the first boom and not have to worry about Resonsance until the second boom.
honorshammer

Postby Lore » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:48 am

Yes.

I never really had a problem with running out though.
Lore
Global Mod

Re: Murmur

Postby Baelor » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:17 am

Honorshammer wrote:Can you use Divine Shield to protect yourself from eating at least one sonic boom? That way I'd be able to stay in range for at least the first boom and not have to worry about Resonsance until the second boom.

Yes, you can shield to negate one boom. I don't usually run out - I just make sure my healer knows to top me off before the boom, and have enough HP to eat the boom after I shield to avoid the first one. I think normal mode the boom is 9k-ish. Having 10k HP unbuffed should be sufficient to eat it if your healer is on the ball and ready with some heals right after.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby honorshammer » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:23 am

Baelor wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:Can you use Divine Shield to protect yourself from eating at least one sonic boom? That way I'd be able to stay in range for at least the first boom and not have to worry about Resonsance until the second boom.

Yes, you can shield to negate one boom. I don't usually run out - I just make sure my healer knows to top me off before the boom, and have enough HP to eat the boom after I shield to avoid the first one. I think normal mode the boom is 9k-ish. Having 10k HP unbuffed should be sufficient to eat it if your healer is on the ball and ready with some heals right after.

Have 10k unbuffed hp, I do not. Run out, I will.
honorshammer

Postby Baelor » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:28 am

Honorshammer wrote:
Baelor wrote:

Go out and find some stamina gear. Murmur doesn't smack you all that hard that you need to stack avoidance and try to dodge all his attacks. Just get yourself some high stamina, high armor pieces and you should be okay.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby honorshammer » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:47 am

Baelor wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:
Baelor wrote:

Go out and find some stamina gear. Murmur doesn't smack you all that hard that you need to stack avoidance and try to dodge all his attacks. Just get yourself some high stamina, high armor pieces and you should be okay.

Trust me, I'm working on it. I hit 70 last week and my gear is very poor (still wearing a couple of things I had when I walked through the Dark Portal). I was trying to get to 490 def. first. I've almost got enough eternium to buy the felsteel helm and gloves and I'm just 7 Primal Life short of the mats to make Green Fortress.

I think I'm around 7400hp unbuffed. I logged out with Kings and Mark of the Wild and I'm just over 8000 on my armory. I know I broke 9000 last night with Fortitude up.
honorshammer

Postby kurros » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:44 pm

Murmur's boom is a % of your total hp. It doesn't matter what your hp is, it won't 1-shot you if you are at full hp.

Though, it might bring you low enough to get 1-shot from murmur's next melee swing, in some cases. Make sure your healer is skilled.
kurros

Postby Dreamcrusher » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:07 pm

Just run out, it's really easy...

I save my Divine Shield for if I get popped up in the air right before a Sonic Boom, or if I noticed it late, or w/e.

Saving the healer mana lets them put out some additional dps :p
<3
Dreamcrusher

Postby Sultan » Thu May 03, 2007 1:29 pm

Yeah...I found that running out is the most effective. I'd rather save the bubble in case something goes bad or unexpected ( i.e. lag).
Sultan (Blood Elf Paladin)
Silver Hand
Sultan

Postby Vanifae » Thu May 03, 2007 1:36 pm

Sultan wrote:Yeah...I found that running out is the most effective. I'd rather save the bubble in case something goes bad or unexpected ( i.e. lag).

Easiest thing to do, just think on Heroic everyone has to do it :)
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics