Murmur

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Murmur

Postby honorshammer » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:42 am

Can you use Divine Shield to protect yourself from eating at least one sonic boom? That way I'd be able to stay in range for at least the first boom and not have to worry about Resonsance until the second boom.
User avatar
honorshammer
Moderator
 
Posts: 2153
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Postby Lore » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:48 am

Yes.

I never really had a problem with running out though.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Re: Murmur

Postby Baelor » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:17 am

Honorshammer wrote:Can you use Divine Shield to protect yourself from eating at least one sonic boom? That way I'd be able to stay in range for at least the first boom and not have to worry about Resonsance until the second boom.

Yes, you can shield to negate one boom. I don't usually run out - I just make sure my healer knows to top me off before the boom, and have enough HP to eat the boom after I shield to avoid the first one. I think normal mode the boom is 9k-ish. Having 10k HP unbuffed should be sufficient to eat it if your healer is on the ball and ready with some heals right after.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
User avatar
Baelor
Moderator
 
Posts: 2677
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:42 am
Location: New York

Re: Murmur

Postby honorshammer » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:23 am

Baelor wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:Can you use Divine Shield to protect yourself from eating at least one sonic boom? That way I'd be able to stay in range for at least the first boom and not have to worry about Resonsance until the second boom.

Yes, you can shield to negate one boom. I don't usually run out - I just make sure my healer knows to top me off before the boom, and have enough HP to eat the boom after I shield to avoid the first one. I think normal mode the boom is 9k-ish. Having 10k HP unbuffed should be sufficient to eat it if your healer is on the ball and ready with some heals right after.


Have 10k unbuffed hp, I do not. Run out, I will.
User avatar
honorshammer
Moderator
 
Posts: 2153
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Murmur

Postby Baelor » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:28 am

Honorshammer wrote:
Baelor wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:Can you use Divine Shield to protect yourself from eating at least one sonic boom? That way I'd be able to stay in range for at least the first boom and not have to worry about Resonsance until the second boom.

Yes, you can shield to negate one boom. I don't usually run out - I just make sure my healer knows to top me off before the boom, and have enough HP to eat the boom after I shield to avoid the first one. I think normal mode the boom is 9k-ish. Having 10k HP unbuffed should be sufficient to eat it if your healer is on the ball and ready with some heals right after.


Have 10k unbuffed hp, I do not. Run out, I will.

Go out and find some stamina gear. Murmur doesn't smack you all that hard that you need to stack avoidance and try to dodge all his attacks. Just get yourself some high stamina, high armor pieces and you should be okay.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
User avatar
Baelor
Moderator
 
Posts: 2677
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:42 am
Location: New York

Re: Murmur

Postby honorshammer » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:47 am

Baelor wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:
Baelor wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:Can you use Divine Shield to protect yourself from eating at least one sonic boom? That way I'd be able to stay in range for at least the first boom and not have to worry about Resonsance until the second boom.

Yes, you can shield to negate one boom. I don't usually run out - I just make sure my healer knows to top me off before the boom, and have enough HP to eat the boom after I shield to avoid the first one. I think normal mode the boom is 9k-ish. Having 10k HP unbuffed should be sufficient to eat it if your healer is on the ball and ready with some heals right after.


Have 10k unbuffed hp, I do not. Run out, I will.

Go out and find some stamina gear. Murmur doesn't smack you all that hard that you need to stack avoidance and try to dodge all his attacks. Just get yourself some high stamina, high armor pieces and you should be okay.


Trust me, I'm working on it. I hit 70 last week and my gear is very poor (still wearing a couple of things I had when I walked through the Dark Portal). I was trying to get to 490 def. first. I've almost got enough eternium to buy the felsteel helm and gloves and I'm just 7 Primal Life short of the mats to make Green Fortress.

I think I'm around 7400hp unbuffed. I logged out with Kings and Mark of the Wild and I'm just over 8000 on my armory. I know I broke 9000 last night with Fortitude up.
User avatar
honorshammer
Moderator
 
Posts: 2153
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:35 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Murmur

Postby kurros » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:44 pm

Murmur's boom is a % of your total hp. It doesn't matter what your hp is, it won't 1-shot you if you are at full hp.


Though, it might bring you low enough to get 1-shot from murmur's next melee swing, in some cases. Make sure your healer is skilled.
kurros
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:51 am

Postby Dreamcrusher » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:07 pm

Just run out, it's really easy...

I save my Divine Shield for if I get popped up in the air right before a Sonic Boom, or if I noticed it late, or w/e.


Saving the healer mana lets them put out some additional dps :p
<3
Dreamcrusher
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:04 am

Postby Sultan » Thu May 03, 2007 1:29 pm

Yeah...I found that running out is the most effective. I'd rather save the bubble in case something goes bad or unexpected ( i.e. lag).
Sultan (Blood Elf Paladin)
Silver Hand
Sultan
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:28 pm

Postby Vanifae » Thu May 03, 2007 1:36 pm

Sultan wrote:Yeah...I found that running out is the most effective. I'd rather save the bubble in case something goes bad or unexpected ( i.e. lag).

Easiest thing to do, just think on Heroic everyone has to do it :)
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
User avatar
Vanifae
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am


Return to 5 Mans / Heroics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests