hydros question

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

hydros question

Postby Soulgain » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:28 pm

Can a paladin tank all four adds at the same time in a full resistance set? or should we have 2 paladins with 50%nature/50% frost taking each 2?
Soulgain

Postby Fizzgig » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:36 pm

I used to take all 4 in a 50/50 set, shouldn't be too much a problem.
Fizzgig

Postby Soulgain » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:44 pm

So just in a 50 50 set? How much approx resistance for each one?
Soulgain

Postby Sockpuppet » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:27 pm

You can easily take 2 adds w/o resistance gear if you AoE them down, I usually end up tanking 2-3 nature adds when I'm the frost res tank.
Sunburns are clearly our body's way of telling us we need to hurry up and evolve some armor plating or something.
Sockpuppet

Postby Moby » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:03 pm

I've tanked hydross and all 4 adds (nature phase) in max resist gear - the healers actually like it a lot better than trying to heal multiple tanks. I don't recommend doing it in anything but max resist gear though.

EDIT: I Re-read the thread... if you're tanking JUST the adds, I would think a 50/50 set would be fine.
Moby

Postby Extremity » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:18 pm

we have a gear forum

we have a forum to discuss specific fights

i r confused
Extremity

Postby NarfJones » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:25 pm

I have tanked all 4 adds with no resist gear. So, as long as your healres are on top of it, you should definitely be fine in 50/50.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Soulgain » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:40 am

Extremity wrote:we have a gear forum

we have a forum to discuss specific fights

i r confused

I know this but what i'd like to know is if its possible to do or not. So far it seems that it can be done fairly well by Paladins. This is a good thing and I bet it will relive some stress from the raid. Someone suggested having a few extra Offtanks and quite frankly I did not like that idea at all. We should be fine with 2 warriors and 2 prot paladins. Thanks guys!
Soulgain

Postby Elsie » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:57 pm

it would be rather complicated to pick up all 4 adds and keep up good TPS on hydross when they spawn. Can it be done? yes. Is it the safest or wisest method? no.

Still, this should've been in the SSC forum where I believe it's been asked before.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:02 pm

That's indeed where it belongs :) I'm as well sure it had been asked already but i can't find the topic.

However yes it's possible. There was actually one paladin who aoetanked both boss and the 4 adds in both phases.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Scrawn » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:07 am

We are going Hydross on Wed,

What is the minimum res i can get away with, I will most likely be tanking 2 to 3 adds.

I keep seeing 50/50 but what is that in numbers? 150 buffed?

Help would be greatly appreciated. Im in full badge gear and in my normal gear im verging on 21k buffed so I can cope with harder hits with less res I think
I'm not sure if you're aware, but math is, in fact, not voodoo magic, and you can't invalidate the
mathematical formulae the game is based on with your nonsense anecdotes
Scrawn

Postby Biscotti » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:32 am

On our Hydross kills we use just auras (paladin/shaman, hunter) for the add tanks, with only the two proper tanks in resist gear. I would generally be assigned two adds, and might pick one of the others up if it got loose from a druid or warrior (ranged taunt is insanely useful in this fight), wearing my normal Badge/T4 gear with far fewer hps than you have at the moment.
Biscotti

Postby Scrawn » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:42 am

Biscotti wrote:On our Hydross kills we use just auras (paladin/shaman, hunter) for the add tanks, with only the two proper tanks in resist gear. I would generally be assigned two adds, and might pick one of the others up if it got loose from a druid or warrior (ranged taunt is insanely useful in this fight), wearing my normal Badge/T4 gear with far fewer hps than you have at the moment.

So no resistance apart from auras? taking 2 to 3 adds?
I'm not sure if you're aware, but math is, in fact, not voodoo magic, and you can't invalidate the
mathematical formulae the game is based on with your nonsense anecdotes
Scrawn

Postby Biscotti » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:32 am

Yep, just 70 resistance. 2 is what we plan, but i sometimes get the attention of 3 if another tank drops the ball / a DPS overaggros and i pull one back with RD or a shield. It can get a little spiky, but a decent heal team should have no problem coping at your gear level.
Biscotti

Postby SevenOfNine » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:05 am

I have maxed(365) Nature res., and I usually tank Hydross and all 4 adds in Poison phase with little trouble. It's not all important that all mobs are on me, an OT can grab an add or 2 of me. The important thing is to keep them ganged up as that allows AOE on all adds + boss at the same time. If done this way with a Pallytank, it's important that singletarget dps:ers stay on boss all time, cuz my AoE damage wont be enough to hold aggro off of them.

In Frostphase (I only have Frost res from Aura + Chromatic Flask + Belf racial = 110), i tank all 4 adds, but leave boss for Warrior in Full Frostgear. Again, keeping them close together and at boss to allow maximum effectivness for AoE:ers.

/SevenOfNine
SevenOfNine

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern