Tips on Moroes and Maiden

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Chloe » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:26 am

Honorshammer wrote:
Chloe wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:Don't the two adds you are tanking get loose if you get gouged or blinded?

Adds don't lose agro on blind, they break it. When I'm gouged my rogue pops evasion and off tanks em' (:

We usually burn them down before the first gouge though.

ALSO. You can HoJ the adds, I forgot to mention that. x.x;

If I didn't have my Fuzzy Bear, when I get Gouged they'd go for my Tree.

NOBODY touches my Tree.

/touches tree
/giggle

hehe!

As mentioned earlier, SoB delayed damage to self proc breaks gouge! <3 SoB
Chloe

Postby honorshammer » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:32 am

*mutter* *mutter* stupid factional spells *mutter* *mutter*
honorshammer

Postby Chloe » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:37 am

Honorshammer wrote:*mutter* *mutter* stupid factional spells *mutter* *mutter*

Hush, you have fear ward. AND DINOSAURS.
Chloe

Postby Igrado » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:55 am

Honorshammer wrote:If I didn't have my Fuzzy Bear, when I get Gouged they'd go for my Tree.

NOBODY touches my Tree.

I realize this is a PVE topic, but this is about the only thing I ever liked about PVP. When I was healing in a BG, i loved the times I'd get attacked and it was the first half a nucular explosion the way all the DPS came back from their varios vectors to beat the crap out of whoever was attacking me :D Made the whole thing worth it, just to be taken care of that way.

Didn't happen a lot, but when it did, it sure felt good.

edit: b/c i really shouldn't spell realize with an "ise"
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby kaisaa » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:07 am

Okay Maiden went down, although I did not get to tank because the only other pally in our raid apparently never trained BoSac.

However we wiped repeatedly on Moroes. We shackled two of the adds and we were supposed to be burning down the shadow priest and then the holy one. We tried it twice with me tanking the two other adds and the undergeared warrior tanking moroes and then we tried it the other way with the warrior tanking the two adds and me on moroes. We wiped horribly all four times because the off tank was never second on moroes aggro list so everytime he gouged the tank he went off to one shot a clothie.

Couple of questions:
1. If I am supposed to be tanking the holy priest and the shadow priest, how do I gather them both up, them both being casters? I exorcismed one as it was running to the group to nab it, but had a hard time trying to gather the other one to me without losing the first.

2. How do you go about tanking the two adds and keeping secondary aggro on moroes at the same time?
kaisaa

Postby Bahamutkotd » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:52 am

avenger's shield one and exorism the other and just conc w/ them next to moroes. Honestly though, the shadow priest doesn't need a tank she should be casting crap anyway, not to mention any rogue worth his salt can stun lock her into oblivion which is what should happen anyway.

if the prot warrior is up there you can tank him and moroes at the same time, he hits like a girl, and will break gouges and blinds isn't that handy ;)
Bahamutkotd

Postby Enkindu » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:05 am

Chloe wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:Don't the two adds you are tanking get loose if you get gouged or blinded?

Adds don't lose agro on blind, they break it. When I'm gouged my rogue pops evasion and off tanks em' (:

We usually burn them down before the first gouge though.

ALSO. You can HoJ the adds, I forgot to mention that. x.x;

and don't forget: Turn Undead does work on those adds. I really love it when the pug group gets all in a tizy over me telling the other paladin in the raid to fear the loose mob - it's always the warlocks and Priests who have to chime in: BUT I CAN'T!
/facepalm
Enkindu
<Reviction>
StormScale-US
Enkindu

Postby Tybalt » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:57 pm

Its difficult to tank either of the priest adds in this fight. What we will do is shackle one of them and either a pally or the MS warrior, and I'll tank the prot warrior along with Moroes. Once the first priest is killed, you can either have the raid kill the prot warrior next, or swap the shackle to the prot warrior and have the raid dps down the 2nd priest.

Get creative with your crowd control, and use those raid icons! :)

-Ty
Tybalt

Postby Daedallus » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:41 pm

the bosses, you can find enough info on these boards and others that you should have no problem as long as your team knows what they are doing.

I find the greatest strength of the paladin in Kara is that we can clear trash like demons. Don't let your hunters Misdirect every damn pull, and don't CC every damn pull, unless folks are dieing. those same healers that can keep you alive during Maiden, or Moroes, ect, can keep you alive while tanking 2-3 adds. let folks ae, let folks cleave, sweeping strikes ect. and pull the mobs yourself, AS gives enough of a head start that dps can begin immediatly. I swear that 3/4 of the time people spend in kara is going through the "safe" motions killing the same trash the same way, every week.

bash through the trash, and perhaps get through to curator on your first night.
Daedallus

Postby Kaelie » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:09 pm

I've heard a geared pally can actually tank all the adds and Moroes himself. Is that true, or just some nice propaganda? It would probably depend on add makeup, of course, but since my mage can take hits from them without flinching (except that damn MS warrior, he hurts >_<), I don't see why not. If so, anyone have a video of it?
Kaelie

Previous

Return to Karazhan