Start SSC or TK first?

SSC
69%
TK
31%

Total votes : 16

Moving from Gruuls/Mags to SSC/TK.

Postby Precio » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:12 am

So, here's the deal. My guild is 6/6 ZA. 2/2 Gruul. 1/1 Mag. I know 10 man doesnt have anything to do with a 25 man, but it shows that our gear is good enough to move on. We will schedule 4 hr time periods for 25 mans, we'd like to down a boss asap. Downing multiple bosses would be nice.

The question here is, should we start SSC or TK first. Also, can I get a list of all the bosses from SSC & TK combined, from easiest to hardest.

Thanks in advance.
12/14 Ulduar10 - 8/14 Ulduar25
Precio

Postby Mitsumi » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:24 pm

Lurker ssc easiest
void reaver tk also easy
Solarian tk

then the rest

Leo is pretty easy too
Mitsumi

Postby HiImRagnos » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:28 pm

Our progression was:
Lurker
Hydross
Vr
Leo/solarian
FLK
Morogrim
Alar

That would be a good order i think with the exception of hydross.
I hate double stamina trinkets.
HiImRagnos

Postby Mitsumi » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:46 am

hydross is not hard

it´s just the farming for resi gear
Mitsumi

Postby dmok » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:07 am

my guild did it:

VR
Solarian
Al'ar
Winterchill
Lurker
Tidewalker

I would recommend after doing it the hard way (hyjal before we ever stepped foot into SSC??):

Lurker
Hydross
Tidewalker
VR
Solarian

I say SSC first, because the trash pulls to VR and Solarian take forever if you bypass Al'ar. getting some gear out of SSC first will make them faster and cleaner.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Tekkel » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:20 am

We had really weird kill order back then.
VR
Alar
Hydross
Lurker
Moro
Kara
Leo
Solarian

Though of this i'd rate lurker and solarian as easiest nowadays.
Tekkel

Postby Neara » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:17 pm

lurker, VR, Solarian, Alar - the base-tactic for these 4 is the same and that somehow seems the hardest part for some people:
Move your ass, if you're supposed to!!!!

If you have a lot of people in your Raid that watch their surroundings and know what happens, these bosses are easy (given you have the dps to kill them before enrage).
If not, they're frustrating and you'll wipe over the same people over and over again, esp. Solarian: Hey you're the bomb .. hey .. HEY! YOU'RE THE .. WHAM! .. nevermind!

good luck :D
Neara

Postby Precio » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:23 am

So, we did SSC, started on Lurker. Got to him. Got bout 4 tries on him. The frenzies came back, we called it. What's the best spot for me to tank him. At first I did it right in front, a candle. The candle was steady enough for 1 whirlwind, but after 1, I kept getting knocked out 30 yards. So we tried it with me tanking him in the water against the wall. We almost had him last try, then the frenzies came in the middle of the fight. What should be the order for bosses (In SSC) after we kill lurker next week.
Precio

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:03 am

You have to tank him in water, and constantly getting again in the water.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby vutharic » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:50 pm

Void reaver is one of the easiest fights you can do, may take some getting used to. ALTHOUGH trash is alot harder then ssc trash, if you are willing to put the time in it for a new guild it takes. 1:30h to get to the boss skipping al'ar. which leaves you with an hour and a half to attempt him befor al'ar trash resets. u can keep attempting it after that as long as people get ss and ankh. just read the fight and study trash and go go, those shoulders are huge and the fight accually requires ur range and healers to not be.... bad. so its good practice for progression into ssc and tk. and maybe into hyjal later on.
4/6 ssc 3/4 tk 5/5 hyjal 5/9 bt - personal progression
to see my progression and some how to videos with a paladin tank
http://www.youtube.com/user/haws217
vutharic

Location: Underground lair, planning what evil things im gonna do to naj and akama....

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:40 pm

SSC first imo, VR trashs can make u want to kill kittens.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Precio » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:54 am

Ok, we did SSC again. Had alot of new players than last week. We got Lurker down to 5%, then one of the add tank healers went oom, the tank died and the mob went around raping us, til i picked up aggro, but by then it was too late. He went oom cuz he wasn't watching his mana and our spriest died to spout... Anyway, we'll most likely get him next week.

What boss should we try after we down him?
1. Lurker
2. Hyrdoss (we'll have the sets soon)
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?

PS. I know this isn't the place, but I tried the 40/21 spec. Now I must say I didn't notice a significant increase in threat? Will it be that way until we get into deeper content? As the spell dmg increases, and the TPS increases?
Precio

Postby Seloei » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:54 pm

You should only be sacrificing survival for threat, if your dps is complaining or they are riding your arse. At t5 level, it is not as bad as having 4 piece t6 dps going balls out.

Void reaver trash is a killer, his been changed also, and not easier but harder. It now takes skill to kill him, and quite a lot still think of him as the "free t5 shoulders" boss which he is not anymore.

But...

Lurker
Hydross
Solarion
Void Reaver
Leotheras
Fathom Lord
Rage Winterchill
A'lar
Morogrim Tidewalker

then some more t6 "trash bosses" (compared to vashj+kael)

Vashj
Kael'thas
Seloei

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern