Badge Gear Blues

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Badge Gear Blues

Postby Aeran » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:51 am

So I know I should have gotten the inscribed legplates. The site said it, the guild said it, my heart said it... :cry:

but as these stories often go, I had just gotten Wrynn's Dynasty, I gemmed it with solid stars and got my nethercleft. so I'm at the shop, and tankpoints is screaming at me how crappy the aldor legs are compared to mine.

and of course like every other inexperienced noob-ass I'm taking tankpoints as gospel, and I say "screw this, I'm keeping my Wrynn's"

I then opt for Slikk's Cloak and the Ring of the Stalwart protector, since both of those are on our number 1 in slot list... (it would be worth mentioning that I took Questioner's list and modified it to exclude anything from a 25 man or with an arena requirement)

now to the most pitiful part of the story:

I had just gotten the vambraces of courage to replace my crap blue wristguards, so I could finally equip both my stamina trinkets and remain uncrush/uncrit...so I was excited, but if I equip either of these two pieces, I lost uncrush/uncrit

I mean sure I could equip my dodge or block trinkets, but the whole purpose was waiting until I could get above 13k unbuffed, since its a milestone for me.

I'm one run from being exalted with the Violet Eye, and had planned to equip the Stalwart Protector and my Violet Eye signet

thank you for reading ...
Aeran

Postby UMIO » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:56 am

looking at your armory ur using the devil shark cape so you can use http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33593 because it has more avoidance then ur current cape
UMIO

Postby Aeran » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:01 am

I'm going to try to equip Slikk's again as soon as I get it enchanted with +12 dodge, but it leaves me .1% crushable right now
Aeran

Postby UMIO » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:07 am

buffs will do the rest. in a raid you will most likely have kings and Botw
UMIO

Postby Tandors » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:17 am

If you are struggling with remaining uncrushable try the defense enchant on your cloak instead. It has almost the same pure avoidance with that little bit of extra block to help out.
Tandors

Postby SmurfZG » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:21 am

Tankpoints only screamed that way because the aldor legs were unenchanted at the vendor, amirite? Quite an unfair comparison if the wrynns get an extra 76 stamina and 12 agility.
SmurfZG

Postby Aeran » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:04 am

SmurfZG wrote:Tankpoints only screamed that way because the aldor legs were unenchanted at the vendor, amirite? Quite an unfair comparison if the wrynns get an extra 76 stamina and 12 agility.

you got it, nowhere in the story did I claim to be swift :wink:
Aeran

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice