Should I roll for Kaz'rogal's Hardened Heart ?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby merinos » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:08 am

ah right, that's what i meant <.<
merinos

Postby submerged » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 pm

Lucit wrote:
submerged wrote:When'd they fix that?

They didn't fix anything, you just aren't quite clear on the mechanics of taunt. Although it is affected by melee hit, taunt behaves like a spell. That means that it has a minimum 1% chance to resist. Thus, even though Brutallus shouldn't ever resist taunt, he actually has a 1% chance to resist taunt. Hit rating will not affect this.

This seems pretty unlikely. I know the other pally tank in my guild got two taunt resists on progression attempts, and the warrior tank we run with has had taunt resists as well. I guess this 1% must show up a lot, eh? IDC though, whatever.

Also, on the demon taunt resist... yah the human form can take a beating but towards the end of the fight I've had multiple attempts where the human is a bit too low for comfort...and with that attitude about taunt resists it would have been a wipe, but I guess my guild is the only one that finds kalecgos to be more of a bitch than brutallis and felmyst. Maybe it's something wrong with our tank rotation that I need to look into...I know there are some increments in the fight where a tank isn't down there for a bit which could be the problem.
submerged

Postby Lucit » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:04 am

submerged wrote:This seems pretty unlikely. I know the other pally tank in my guild got two taunt resists on progression attempts, and the warrior tank we run with has had taunt resists as well. I guess this 1% must show up a lot, eh? IDC though, whatever.

RRAR (random resists are random)?

Hit rating is only useful for reducing taunt resists on Kalecgos, and honestly a resist isn't a big deal unless you're doing the fight with only two tanks.
Lucit

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice