Remove Advertisements

WTB Geddon Strat

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:13 pm

Seloei wrote:after wotlk hits the "crushing table" will be bumped up to 80 and the gear you have will be useless, and will take (even if they dont change it) atleast a few months to get the items again to get passive uncrushable.
Thats assuming... you are going to get wotlk and start leveling up. If you stick to 70 nothing will change.

Well, nothing's for sure, and judging by alpha warrior mechanics, they will be making some changes. I know I can do it now, but nothing says things won't change in the future.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Sarima » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:04 am

So since you're done grinding your bindings, does that mean you'll never get around to make a Geddon strat like your Garr strat?
Worldie wrote:[...]omg, WotLK will seriously hurt my bran.
Sarima

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:30 am

Sarima wrote:So since you're done grinding your bindings, does that mean you'll never get around to make a Geddon strat like your Garr strat?

Eh, we'll see how bored I get. kolori offered some good advice of a two-man, and I don't think there's a way to solo, so that might be your best shot.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Base » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:15 am

Seloei wrote:after wotlk hits the "crushing table" will be bumped up to 80 and the gear you have will be useless, and will take (even if they dont change it) atleast a few months to get the items again to get passive uncrushable.
Thats assuming... you are going to get wotlk and start leveling up. If you stick to 70 nothing will change.

I'd imagine they'll still be treated as a Boss (+3 levels) so the mechanics will be the same as long as you don't level up.

What I assume they'll do is just increase the amount of each rating needed to provide 1% dodge/parry/block etc to stop it being so easy for people to get passively uncrushable.
Base

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:18 am

Elthar wrote:

I'd imagine they'll still be treated as a Boss (+3 levels) so the mechanics will be the same as long as you don't level up.

What I assume they'll do is just increase the amount of each rating needed to provide 1% dodge/parry/block etc to stop it being so easy for people to get passively uncrushable.

Yes, and judging by the alpha warrior mechanics, Blizzard doesn't seem to be wanting to make it possible to assured each hit will be a miss, dodge, parry or block. Therefore, it's probably a good idea to get your binding now, because you might need a group at 80.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Base » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:45 am

Although just think how quickly you could steamroll through MC with a group at 80.
Base

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:26 am

You can already steamroll all MC with 5-6 lvl 70s, at 80 will be something like that still.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:33 am

Geddon is not possible to solo in any gear setup as a paladin. The living bomb alone is atleast a 4k damage hit (3.5k+falling). Went there with a kara geared paladin + hunter and the pala was oom before geddon was at 50% (he was chaining pots also). So don't see how you could both keep yourself up and kill him solo.

Reaching him is 95% identical to what modus posted on the garr guide. The same path but you have to kill the core hound in the tunnel you were avoiding near the safe spot. body pull geddon when he paths the furthest away and run back inside the tunnel so you don't get blown up too high.
Tank'n'spank, wear full fire res gear and cleanse the healer. Bring a dps + healer so the dog doesn't respawn mid way the fight.
Seloei

Postby Dendrah » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:00 am

Having the hunter around means you need to build some threat. If you don't you can just spam HS rank one and heal occasionally while keeping wisdom up? Where do I go wrong?
Dendrah

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:55 am

Dendrah wrote:Having the hunter around means you need to build some threat. If you don't you can just spam HS rank one and heal occasionally while keeping wisdom up? Where do I go wrong?

You can't block Geddon, he's like Hydross: elemental damage.

However, hunters can feign, and dismiss their pets. The time I took a hunter in to help with Garr (admittedly a T6 hunter, but still), it cut the kill down to about 30 minutes (from 2 hrs 45 min). A hunter would actually be the very best DPS to bring because of their threat dropping abilities.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Seloei » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:38 am

rogues are better than hunters actually, they can stealth naturally but for geddon they are quite dead meat since they have to run non-stop, for garr however.

Also, the living bomb damage is unavoidable. The best you could do is reduce the fall damage to 0 but you WILL still be hit for the initial 3.5k which is not resistable (resisted 0, assuming it is a fire spell?). And he does that ability atleast once every few minutes. Sometimes he spams it sometimes he doesn't.

In order to kill geddon you reach him like a few posted beforehand and you have to bring atleast a healer. A dps also helps.
Seloei

Postby krazzi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:48 pm

I tried this a few weeks ago with my Priest friend, my biggest problem was the amount of damage we were taking from the bomb, we were both getting crit for ~8k which was surprising to us because we dont ever remember it critting or doing so much damage. I ended up dying because I was in my FR/Ret set and took an 8k crit and fall damage.
krazzi

Postby Tiernan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:30 am

krazzi wrote:I tried this a few weeks ago with my Priest friend, my biggest problem was the amount of damage we were taking from the bomb, we were both getting crit for ~8k which was surprising to us because we dont ever remember it critting or doing so much damage. I ended up dying because I was in my FR/Ret set and took an 8k crit and fall damage.

You wouldn't take that much damage at 60, it's scaled due to your level.
Tiernan

Previous

Return to General Strats