Remove Advertisements

TPS and RF?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

TPS and RF?

Postby Levan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:29 pm

Ok, just ran a heroic UB and noticed something strange with my TPS, ill list my stats and strats below and afterwards ill list my TPS with and without RF on.

Spelldamage: 250

I pull with AS, judge SoC, reseal SoR and judge it as it becomes ready, and constant consecration. Done it this way the entire time i've been 70 and usually works out really well for me. Except for the last few runs i've gone on.

My TPS without RF up is 450-600 for the fight, its enough to keep threat and let the group go crazy on their dps.

Whenever I put on RF though my TPS drops to 150-300, doesnt seem to matter how many times i clear it and re apply it to myself, my threat just wont budge at all past 300 and i have to throw everything i have to even get near 300.

And before its asked, i checked to make sure i didnt have salv on from the other pally in the group or myself on accident.

Any gear/enchant suggestions would be appreciated, working on getting the 2% threat to gloves, and Laj wont drop the shoulders i need, other than that and my boots im not to sure what else i could change gear wise to help with threat.
Image
Levan
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:05 pm

Postby Levan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:59 pm

wow, over 70 views and not one idea about what might be up with my TPS? or even someone having the same issue that im having?
Image
Levan
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:05 pm

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:04 pm

Even baseline RF is a +threat, not a -threat, and it doesn't affect any of your skills either.
I call bullshit.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15525
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Levan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:20 pm

if id hadnt seen it with my own eyes id certainly call bullshit too.

If you guys want the proof before you will even offer an idea on what might be going wrong, fine ill try to get a heroic together later on and get some SS of me with and without RF up.
Image
Levan
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:05 pm

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:28 pm

Update Omen. Make sure you're not salved. Tranquil Air totems must be out too. Same for pain supression. Tank the same type of mob, with the same rotation, and both with full mana and full hp.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15525
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Levan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:32 pm

those were the first things i tried, even verified it with other members in the group who had omen, with RF up i was pulling 150-300, without it my tps was almost double.

Any other suggestions as to what might be the cause? or is it just possibly something in my character got bugged in the two months since i played him last?
Image
Levan
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:05 pm

Postby Arcand » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:33 pm

Check your combat log settings, make sure there aren't any messages getting suppressed?

Type and version number of your threat meter?
Has it been updated recently? Any chance your threat library is corrupted?
Arcand
Moderator
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:57 pm

Also, the fact that you're not actually losing aggro when this happens is telling. Sounds almost certainly like a UI problem.
Image

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
User avatar
Dorvan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8462
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:28 pm

Postby Levan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:54 pm

Dorvan wrote:Also, the fact that you're not actually losing aggro when this happens is telling. Sounds almost certainly like a UI problem.


That definetly makes sense, going to check and see if there is a newer version of omen than what i've got currently and try again tonight I guess.
Image
Levan
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:05 pm

Postby Blackmaxx » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:22 pm

Keeping and eye on this as i believe that My Threat has been nuked recently,

I have no figures yet to back it up -

Armory -> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Maxxblack

But a normal H-Mech run
See's me at 421 Spell damage

Pull With AS - Cons -HS - Judge SOR - Up Seal SoR -

I noticed My Nice Normal "no one comes close to grabbing threat " off me

Is slowy going - it seems more people can catch me on threat - I do everything the same - Gear is the same - everything is the same - I have to use A flask to help with threat -

My setup should not see anyone comming close -
Without Numbers to back it up - i can already hear "Crap" - two guildies say my Salv is Broken as they can pull threat off me even with waiting a few extra tick's b4 starting there DPS
Blackmaxx
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 11:32 pm

Postby Levan » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:40 am

I think last night was just an off night for my threat, just did most of kara as the MT and aside from the 2 T5 dps we had, there was no issues with threat was sitting fairly steady at about 600-700tps.

Hopefully will stay like this tomorrow night when we go to finish it up.
Image
Levan
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:05 pm

Postby Makaijin » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:59 am

I think it's a UI issue more than anything. For Omen to be most accurate, everyone has to be running the same version, which unfortunately this is almost never the case. Most of my guild members are guilty of this, as with most people whenever i run a pug. The minimal amount of people that roll with wowace updater is mainly the cause. Not sure about others, but many of my guildies run with many ace addons for some reason they refuse to install wowace updater.
Image
Makaijin
 
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:23 am

Postby UMIO » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:32 am

Blackmaxx wrote:Keeping and eye on this as i believe that My Threat has been nuked recently,

I have no figures yet to back it up -

Armory -> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Maxxblack

But a normal H-Mech run
See's me at 421 Spell damage

Pull With AS - Cons -HS - Judge SOR - Up Seal SoR -

I noticed My Nice Normal "no one comes close to grabbing threat " off me

Is slowy going - it seems more people can catch me on threat - I do everything the same - Gear is the same - everything is the same - I have to use A flask to help with threat -

My setup should not see anyone comming close -
Without Numbers to back it up - i can already hear "Crap" - two guildies say my Salv is Broken as they can pull threat off me even with waiting a few extra tick's b4 starting there DPS


the new pvp gear came out so ur dps may have better gear than before meaning they do more damage and therefor for threat
Image
UMIO
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:03 am
Location: Melbourne

Postby caboom » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:45 am

UMIO wrote:
Blackmaxx wrote:Keeping and eye on this as i believe that My Threat has been nuked recently,

I have no figures yet to back it up -

Armory -> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Maxxblack

But a normal H-Mech run
See's me at 421 Spell damage

Pull With AS - Cons -HS - Judge SOR - Up Seal SoR -

I noticed My Nice Normal "no one comes close to grabbing threat " off me

Is slowy going - it seems more people can catch me on threat - I do everything the same - Gear is the same - everything is the same - I have to use A flask to help with threat -

My setup should not see anyone comming close -
Without Numbers to back it up - i can already hear "Crap" - two guildies say my Salv is Broken as they can pull threat off me even with waiting a few extra tick's b4 starting there DPS


the new pvp gear came out so ur dps may have better gear than before meaning they do more damage and therefor for threat


this

locks running with Spellstrike set and Merciless staff push up to almost 1k SD now(had one like that last nite for normal SL), so if u don't have a weapon with at least 220 SD u'r always gonna have probs.

this also reminds me of the KZ run we had this wendsday when we brought curator to 20% on 1st evocation.
Image
User avatar
caboom
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 4:06 am
Location: Romania

Postby Fapman » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:49 am

When i'm on my warrior we usually bring down curator just after first evoc (just enough time for him to oneshot me because i pwnd threat/dps meter)
Fapman
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:55 am

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest