Remove Advertisements

MH - Wave 6 of Azzy trash

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Jellypop » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:46 am

we usually have this down to 3 tanks run in, lock and mages too. rogue / warriors charge / stealth in ..

just a lot of action right at the start, pallies fear, mages spam sheep, a mind control here, everyone fears..

i've gotten so comfortable that, i hold aggro on two banshees and kite them up the tower, jump down, wait for them to come down, stun one, fear other, run up tower, repeat, and rinse..

since you have aggro, you can run all the way to the back camp if you want, LOS, and you'll get to kite them forever, and once the other mobs die, bubble, and they'll fly back to other tanks.

it's fun hearing, "WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY GOING????"
Jellypop

Postby Corvina » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:08 am

This is going to sound crazy, but somehow it worked.

Let me set the scene for you.
Last night was our fist attempt on this trash and we had loot issues. LM forgot to change loot to rolls and gave the wrong person the HoJ. This caused upheaval and no one payed attention, we wiped. Second attempt: the people involved in the loot mix up opened a ticket and all got a response from the GM at wave 5. Right after that the hammer dropped again and everyone was happy and excited.

In comes Wave 6. I see them all coming and and call out over vent for people to focus and prepare. This is our first time doing this wave so i had no strat other than "do whatever you can to stay alive and kill them. " No one was ready, I got no heals, I took 6 shadowbolts and died. I got a Brez, got healed and buffed and there was chaos. So I ran up to some necros, popped torrent, drug to another group and consecrated, telling my healers i was going to need big heals. I had 4 or 5 of them on me and I aoe tanked them all. The banshies and other necro ran wild and were cc'd and killed, then my necros were aoe'd down. People where smart enough to hop in and use their torrent to lessen the dmg, but for the most part i was taking 3-5 shadow bolts at one time. No resist gear but i had shadow protection on me. Also, I have neither spell warding or PoJ talents.

I don't know how it worked, but it did. I think tonight I'll either engage npcs or plan our CC's better. I don't want to test fate and tank them all again, but at least I know it worked once.
Corvina

Postby ShaiHulud » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:39 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Worldie wrote:Refer to this topic for additional info :)

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=3727

There's 3 common ways of doing it
1) Prot paladin in full SR gear AoEtanking, casters aoeing necros and melees single target nuking banshees
2) Banish a felhunter from wave 5, then let the NPC stunlock the casters to death
3) Prot warrior in front with last stand + spellreflect , with eventually Grounding totems, spam of sheeps/fears/banishes and single target nuking

Yes, all excellent choices. The only thing difficult about #1 is consecrating the Necromancers without running too far away from your healers.

My guild does it a little differently. We have the warrior go out and spell reflect(no last stand healers just heal the piss out of him). I(or whomever is prot pally tanking) then runs out pops wings and Holy Wraths/Concecrates all the banshees. Casters start in and AOE the crap out of the banshees while melee/single target get control of the necros. Mages sheep 1 or 2 usually and the melee just tank the rest. I keep running in and dropping concecrates on the banshees to hold decent aggro. Works out quite well usually.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby superworm » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:02 am

Well, I usually get to the front of the raid (more than 40 yards away from other members), when the necros and banshees come I bubble and drop a concecration and they all get close to melee me. I would warn the raid to get close to me when the bubble has 2 seconds remaining. With full SR gear it's easy to survive the time before healers get close enough with a health stone and a healing potion.

No LoS needed and all the mobs are tight close so it's quite easy to take them down. In fact we regard this wave as the easiest wave.
superworm

Postby Pallypete » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:45 pm

That's similar to what I did, I didn't even tell people what I was doing and it was our first attempt at it, I just sprinted out ahead of everybody and let them all aggro on me, then bubbled, then used arcane torrent right as my bubble wore off. It gave the other tanks time to grab a couple each and for the CC to get cast. With the damage spread out over several tanks it's not bad at all. Also called out for all BE's to use arcane torrent whenever they could.
Pallypete

Postby Makaijin » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:30 pm

I also normally do a bubble too, since we never seem to get the taurens kited down every time. I tend to run up front, asking everyone to not do anything. As soon as i enter combat, I bubble, lay consecrate, then run back. After I get into position closer to the raid, I wait until my I lay down my second consecrate, and wait for all the mobs to start meleeing me. At this point I shout for healing on teamspeak, and wait. Soon enough the mobs will start casting again, either because the heal lands, or my bubble times out. This is when I arcane torrent and then click off my bubble if it's still up. The taurens should aggro by now if we managed to kite them, then I just AoE tank them while healers are spamming heals on me.
Makaijin

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:22 pm

Seloei wrote:Spell reflect only "reflects one spell" but if more than one spell arrive at the same time it hasn't timed out and reflects those also. So if all of them started casting at the same time at the same distance, all of them would be reflected back.

Pro warriors pop spell reflect then intervene to someone in the back of the raid, and reflect multiple casts from each mob.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Mt. Hyjal