Remove Advertisements

Talent specs

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Morganim » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:36 am

wayjin wrote:
Morganim wrote:
wayjin wrote:Reckoning is awesome for brut, bad for kalec/felmyst(assuming you are tanking teh dragon)/twins, and not-so-useful for muru(void/sent tank) and KJ.
AD is a must for muru and KJ (and that's it)
One hand spec is really good for AOE situation - lolfailmyst, but especially muru, then KJ.
SA would be good for the same AOE situation, but you also need to live thru it... hence AD.

etc etc while learning sunwell, you could pretty re-spec for each fights imo :)

(pursuit of justice is also very good for KJ)

why would you say reckoning is bad for dragons.

I find reckoning is a huge TPS boost on felmyst which is very handy considering dps is still being done on the dragon in p2 when u dont touch him

The chain parry problem, etc...kalec/demon hits pretty hard, and felmyst *under corrosion* hits super hard.
it's less a problem on twins tho.
If survival isn't a problem for you tho, reckoning is so awesome. (I love it too <3)

ive never ever had a problem with 'parry gibbing' as a paladin tank
Morganim

Postby Afraithe » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:16 am

I run with 46/15 (imp jotc) as we don't always have a retri in the raid, tried sanc spec but didn't like it at all.

I make up the no reckoning with simply having an extremely high threat gear set (800 spelldamage, almost 1100 with procs).
Afraithe

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:54 pm

Yeah, worrying about parry gibs as a paladin is a little paranoid. For example if you really don't want Felmyst to do it, you'll stop swinging during corrosion.

Has anyone seen evidence that Sunwell bosses even do this? I've yet to encounter a parry tank death there.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Elsie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:00 pm

If you're worried about parry gib your healers are bad. 4 extra swings is still less overall chances of getting parried in a fight than a warrior.

I'm pretty sure sunwell bosses can't parry haste anyway.

Also, why would you say it's bad on twins? She's a dual wielder so it procs quite often in p2 (normal) where threat matters. You should be very very close if not uncrushable regardless - taking much less burst to begin with.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:21 pm

Felmyst and Kalecgos for sure can get parryhasted. Brutallus doesnt.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Hexzon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:46 pm

All Bosses With Weapons Can Parry Except For Mother and Brute
Thus Kalecgos and Felmyst cannot ParryHaste, The First boss that can do it is the Twins and then KJ
Hexzon

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:50 pm

That's untrue, any mob even without a weapon can parry (and block for what it matters).

Thus any boss can get parryhasted, except Shahraz, Halazzi, Nalorakk and Brutallus.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Hexzon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:09 pm

No its in Game Mech u try to block and parry without a weapon
Hexzon

Postby Lucit » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:02 pm

Hexzon wrote:No its in Game Mech u try to block and parry without a weapon

Players cannot parry without a weapon and cannot block without a shield. The same is not true of NPCs.
Lucit

Postby Hexzon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:20 pm

I'm Quite Sure They cannot however I'll look next time in sunwell to double check.
Hexzon

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:42 am

Yeah, actually it's not hard to find an example that looks like Felmyst parry hastes (of course it is impossible to prove because the combat log / WWS has uncertainty greater than the margin for a parry haste effect).

Code: Select all
19:35'02.062   Felmyst's Swing hits Ardezar for 4996 Physical damage
19:35'02.203   Ardezar's Maul hits Felmyst for 761 Physical damage
19:35'02.421   Ardezar's Lacerate parried by Felmyst
19:35'02.453   Ardezar's Thorns hits Felmyst for 31 Nature damage
19:35'03.390   Felmyst's Swing hits Ardezar for 3989 Physical damage
19:35'04.390   Ardezar's Lacerate parried by Felmyst
19:35'04.765   Felmyst's Swing hits Ardezar for 3941 Physical damage

But again, I would definitely stop attacking during Corrosion.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Hexzon » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:58 am

I'm sorry it seems i was wrong looks like they can indeed parry, Mabye it was just that they need weapons to gain parry haste I'm not sure, but yeah i don't think i'll be swinging next time Corrosion comes.
Hexzon

Postby Kensei » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:24 am

I'm not lucky enough to actually be tanking anything but the skellies during phase 2 of felmyst. My guild is toying with the idea of having me spec into improved sanctity aura to help with dps on brutallus (we still have problems with this guy, some weeks we down him, some we don't). I can't seem to convince them to let me tank on this guy, so I'm generally stuck healing and keeping imp JotC up. My question is with the following spec (please critique, it seemed the best I could do speccing into imp sanctity aura) can I still tank trash and the skellies during phase 2 of felmyst?

Possible Spec: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0120000000

Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... r&n=Kensei
Kensei

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:43 am

That's pretty much my spec with 2 less in combat expertise :P

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kensei » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:53 am

yeah, that's what i was thinking, but wasn't sure if 2 less in combat expertise would make a huge difference. losing 2% stam, but since guild doesn't let me tank bosses (other than soak tanking) i guess it should be fine. i've tanked the skellies with your spec no problem, so i guess i'll give this a try. at least i'm being taken to swp... half tempted to tell them to start gearing me ret...

thanks for the input worldie!
Kensei

Previous

Return to Sunwell Plateau