Should I roll for Kaz'rogal's Hardened Heart ?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Lieris » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:09 am

Mortehl wrote:
submerged wrote:It might not seem like it now, but after a few taunt resists in sunwell I wish I had a bit more melee hit. Don't shy away from the shield just because it has hit on it. Unless you can pick up the Illidan shield (which will probably be a while in your situation) it's definately worth picking up.

I strongly advise that you consider picking up all the +hit items. If I gained nothing else from the protadins around here who blazed BT before me and who are now in sunwell it was that. There are multiple +hit items. Get them! (Ring from Supremus, legs from Akama, gloves from gorefiend, neck from RoS) in addition to that shield.

I don't see the point in that. The only fight where +hit benefits your taunts is Kalecgos and it's not the end of the world if you get one resist there. I once got very unlucky and got 3 resists (despite being very close to the cap) and we still killed it.

Yes if it's available you may as well pick those items up but their usefulness is VERY limited in Sunwell and I would not worry if you don't have a +hit set as it's ultimately pretty crap for us.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:53 am

It's a very good shield, I don't see what the argument is. It's a great warrior shield. But it's also a great paladin shield. Let the tank who has the crappiest shield pick it up.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:09 am

inthedrops wrote:Let the tank who has the crappiest shield pick it up.

quoting for emphasis
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jellypop » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:42 am

i would pick it up IF IT WOULD DROP.

seriously. farming 7-8th kill now, still no shield, i wouldn't mind if it dropped and i lost to the warrior, but god..
Jellypop

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:47 am

Jellypop wrote:i would pick it up IF IT WOULD DROP.

seriously. farming 7-8th kill now, still no shield, i wouldn't mind if it dropped and i lost to the warrior, but god..
Guild: SiNister
First shield drop: June 2007. Second drop: June 2008. Third fourth and fifth drop: June 2008.

Random loot is random.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:07 am

hey chiv
Lightbeard

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Oh so you really are Vek's Lightbeard! Hi =D

I'll remember to glomp you more now.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby submerged » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:42 pm

Lieris wrote:
Mortehl wrote:
submerged wrote:It might not seem like it now, but after a few taunt resists in sunwell I wish I had a bit more melee hit. Don't shy away from the shield just because it has hit on it. Unless you can pick up the Illidan shield (which will probably be a while in your situation) it's definately worth picking up.

I strongly advise that you consider picking up all the +hit items. If I gained nothing else from the protadins around here who blazed BT before me and who are now in sunwell it was that. There are multiple +hit items. Get them! (Ring from Supremus, legs from Akama, gloves from gorefiend, neck from RoS) in addition to that shield.

I don't see the point in that. The only fight where +hit benefits your taunts is Kalecgos and it's not the end of the world if you get one resist there. I once got very unlucky and got 3 resists (despite being very close to the cap) and we still killed it.

Yes if it's available you may as well pick those items up but their usefulness is VERY limited in Sunwell and I would not worry if you don't have a +hit set as it's ultimately pretty crap for us.

Taunt resist on Brutallis = wipe. Also, I know personally I've had TWO taunt resists in a row on the demon. I'm really doing my job waiting for 2 15 second cooldowns, arn't I? If our taunt was on a...6 second cooldown or so, I'd agree with you, but it isn't.

How you can get by with 3 taunt resists on that fight and say it's nothing I really don't know. Your other tanks must really be good at picking up the slack, because you have to admit that that HAD to have caused problems.
submerged

Postby Lucit » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:55 pm

submerged wrote:Taunt resist on Brutallis = wipe.

Extra hit rating will not prevent taunt resists on Brutallus.
Lucit

Postby submerged » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:48 pm

When'd they fix that?
submerged

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:13 pm

Not rly, i got a taunt resist today which... well... didnt turn into a wipe since i ninja BoPd the other tank, but turned into a dead rogue which turned into a wipe.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lucit » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:24 pm

submerged wrote:When'd they fix that?

They didn't fix anything, you just aren't quite clear on the mechanics of taunt. Although it is affected by melee hit, taunt behaves like a spell. That means that it has a minimum 1% chance to resist. Thus, even though Brutallus shouldn't ever resist taunt, he actually has a 1% chance to resist taunt. Hit rating will not affect this.
Lucit

Postby Lieris » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:57 pm

submerged wrote:
Lieris wrote:
Mortehl wrote:

Taunt resist on Brutallis = wipe. Also, I know personally I've had TWO taunt resists in a row on the demon. I'm really doing my job waiting for 2 15 second cooldowns, arn't I? If our taunt was on a...6 second cooldown or so, I'd agree with you, but it isn't.

How you can get by with 3 taunt resists on that fight and say it's nothing I really don't know. Your other tanks must really be good at picking up the slack, because you have to admit that that HAD to have caused problems.

What Lucit said regarding Brutallus.

And no it didn't cause problems just a bit of joking on vent, Kalecgos human form can take a real hammering. A taunt resist on this fight is really no big deal, if it was you'd probably see a similar mechanic as Brutallus.

The arguments for a +hit set are tenuous at best. It was probably more useful in SSC than it is in Sunwell.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby merinos » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:47 am

for kalecgos I try to stack as much hitrating, armor and stamina as possible without dropping below 450 sd unbuffed... so I wear pepe, supremus ring, ros neck, akama boots and kazrogal shield and I rarely have problems with taunting after i started gearing like that for this fight, I was in a nightmare of resists all over the place and sometimes 4x in a row and I even got benched once because of that, in that kill our first plate legs and our first vanquisher token dropped and they would have been mine had i been in the raid for the kill... fortunately they both dropped for me the week after that and i never had major resist problems again.
merinos

Postby Janduin » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:39 am

You're a conqueror, not a vanquisher! :D

And yeah, I use Pendant, Myrmidon boots, and kaz shield and almost never get resists now.
Janduin

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice