Remove Advertisements

Controlling your offtank

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Dendrah » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:17 am

Devastate is not a threat skill?

I better not try telling that to our main tank or I'll get kicked out of the raid :D

It applies and refreshes sunders... It is one of the main threat skills for a warrior.
Dendrah

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:22 am

Correction, it is the main threat skill, without a doubt =P Instant, spammable, high threat and keeps sunder up easily? hell yeah o.o
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Tyaera » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:32 am

He may be using a Devastate/Heroic Strike macro. Using that, a warrior can put out some pretty nuts TPS on trash since he doesn't have to worry about Shield Block.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Makaijin » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:46 am

Tyaera wrote:He may be using a Devastate/Heroic Strike macro. Using that, a warrior can put out some pretty nuts TPS on trash since he doesn't have to worry about Shield Block.

This. I found that this is one of the better ways to achieve high DPS as prot, especially while dual wielding. But at the same time, TPS goes through the roof due to both abilities having innate threat in addition to the normal damaged based threat. The only time you should ever use this combo is when solo farming where threat is a non issue. If thats what your GL is doing, them maybe he should go 2H and use Slam instead.
Makaijin

Postby Outback » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:23 am

Why do you need a Prot warrior as the offtank in Karazhan?? If you have a prot paladin, you just need a feral druid, ret pally or dps warrior as your offtank. I checked your armory and you should be able to solo tank attumen + midnight, so the only things you need an offtank for would be Moroes & ushers. And maybe the opera event. And for those, a DPS warrior can just slap on tanking gear and do the job. Other than those spots, he should be in DPS mode and let you AOE tank everything.

Or you can go ret & slap on tanking gear when needed to OT. Then again tanking without HS feels very very weird!
Outback

Previous

Return to Karazhan