Remove Advertisements

How hard is MTing Tidewalker?

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed May 21, 2008 10:04 am

Hehe yes that doesn't change. Overgearing would be necessary.

Just one lil point: You made it sound as if higher avoidance punished people by making most hits crush. That's not true, you'll still get as many crushes as someone with 0 avoidance would. The sole difference is that there aren't normal hits left to be taken when you have high avoidance. You can't count crushings in relation to normal hits.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Morpheren » Wed May 21, 2008 11:02 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Hehe yes that doesn't change. Overgearing would be necessary.

Just one lil point: You made it sound as if higher avoidance punished people by making most hits crush. That's not true, you'll still get as many crushes as someone with 0 avoidance would. The sole difference is that there aren't normal hits left to be taken when you have high avoidance. You can't count crushings in relation to normal hits.

no he meant as avoidance goes up, hits get pushed off. which was along the same lines of "dont tank him and his murlocs"
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed May 21, 2008 11:32 am

Eh. Redoubt would also be up quite a bit. I don't really see more than 5% of the hits being crushes.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Ashmadai » Wed May 21, 2008 1:26 pm

I think the above person just meant tanking his Murlocs as well as him would eat up a bunch of HS charges from the Murlocs and then Tidewalker will crush your face.

I know his crushes were hitting our Warrior the other night for 7k+ so I wouldn't want to be taking too many of them, that's for sure.
Ashmadai

Postby Morpheren » Wed May 21, 2008 1:34 pm

Ashmadai wrote:I think the above person just meant tanking his Murlocs as well as him would eat up a bunch of HS charges from the Murlocs and then Tidewalker will crush your face.

I know his crushes were hitting our Warrior the other night for 7k+ so I wouldn't want to be taking too many of them, that's for sure.

eh, but when you've got T6 level gear, and 6 healers all focusing on you, 7k is LOLow.
Morpheren

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed May 21, 2008 1:36 pm

Ashmadai wrote:I think the above person just meant tanking his Murlocs as well as him would eat up a bunch of HS charges from the Murlocs and then Tidewalker will crush your face.

Yes that's what I understood too. The nitpick was about comparing number of crushings to number of normals. It just doesn't work. Crushing chance is fixed and no avoidance+block (except when it surpasses 85%, when it starts pushing it off the table) matters on that.
I'm going to do tidewalker + murlocs next friday or so jsut to see how it works. I'm fairly sure I won't eat any more crushes than a druid would, and overgearing = oom anyway
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed May 21, 2008 1:37 pm

Morpheren wrote:

eh, but when you've got T6 level gear, and 6 healers all focusing on you, 7k is LOLow.
7k is a weak noncrush from certain stuff >.> GG BLOODBOIL I HATE YOU
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Morpheren » Wed May 21, 2008 1:42 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Morpheren wrote:

7k is a weak noncrush from certain stuff >.> GG BLOODBOIL I HATE YOU

gotta love it when the fel rage person goes down and he turns around and smacks you for 15k

also statistcally its impossible to take more crushes than a druid, as a druid with never take more than 15% crushes. now technically this could happen, as 15% is just a probabilty and you could get crushed EVERY time with horrible horrible luck.
Morpheren

Postby Donjuan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:57 am

Anyone tried tanking the murlcos and tide togther from on the offset? haev all healing on you , bring in an extra dps in place of a tank? could it work? if you stack enuff avodaince and block?.
Donjuan

Postby dmok » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:43 am

as was stated in the past page of this thread, tanking everything is a bad idea. I would only do it if you can pull off passive uncrush while still having a high amount of avoidance.

On that note, we started on tidewalker ourselves for the first time last night. Our initial attempt we tried the whole lifetapping warlock strategy, but one of our priests kept pulling aggro over our pally. Needless to say, that attempt didn't last very long. How do you guys normally do this and where do you stand while casting HL on the life-tapping warlock?

.. actually, now that I think about it, I think some healers might have been healing the lock like normal minimizing the effect that the HL from the pally had on him.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:48 am

Tell the priest to stop frigging aoe healing. Till the murlocs are on you, they only heal the MT, and preferably with low/no threat moves.

I tanked murlocs this way

Tidewalker near the exit behind him, more to the corner
Me by the graves, warlock my the ramp

Warlock must spam life tap, you must spam holy light as soon as the earthquake happens. With 3 or so HLs casted the murlocs will go to you, unless the healers are going crazy healing earthquaked people.

Also, if your healers didn't get threat reduction moves yet, beat them. Hard. With spiky/sharp objects. There are countless fights with aggro resets or new adds that have to be handled, and a healer putting out 2k global threat per second is just something you don't want to see.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern