Remove Advertisements

Tanking Illidan Stormrage - A guide for protection Paladins

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Joanadark » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:18 pm

i specced redoubt+shield spec since we were doing netherspite

Netherspite is serious business for T6 Paladins.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:44 am

For some reason i always write Netherspite instead of Felmyst, dragons are all the same <.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:01 am

Who cares if one is transparent and the other is onyl bones, right?: D
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:28 am

Idd.

Well, our GM insists on calling Brutallus "the dragon", figure...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Whitewolf » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:18 am

15% on Illidan last night (with 4 healers up, and me being dumb and staying to close during demon phase so I got targeted and killed)
Not enough DPS up to kill the shadow dudes.

Regardless, our 2 Fire tanks were next-to-flawless. 1 shot Phase2 with them. Just gotta get the transitions down. We went from 50% to 47% to 35% to 27% to 15% before calling it. Tonight is 3.5 hours of attempts though, so i'm positive he's going down. :)

Thanks for the guide - and for anyone who hasn't watched that Tactical video by Tazmin - it was also awesome.
Whitewolf

Postby Maelstrom » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:26 pm

Just got to P4 demon phase, then discovered our warlock tank was spec'ed into nether protection *facepalm*. He's gone for a respec, hopefully we'll get to P5 tonight :)
Maelstrom

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:39 pm

tanked successfuly last week got a shear, and about had a heart attack, thank god our warriors are really good, intervene ftw, got my t6 chest.

tanked this week one shot flawless victory.

BULWARK OF AZZINOTH, which isn't that amazing over kaz's shield, but its definitly prettier.
Lowgrus

Postby Maelstrom » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:23 pm

Just downed him! :) Phase 5 is easy, had no trouble with enrage <3 Healers.
Maelstrom

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:20 am

I'm failing miserably at moving him >.>

1: I step back a good 3 or so steps.
result: He doesn't move OR he moves too much
2: I strafe just outside of his selection box.
result: he moves too muh and usually in an odd angle, resulting in more crazy repositioning.
3: I move into his selection box, to then turn around him and step back
result: see 1 or 2

>.> I also took a flame crash tick just as he enraged and gave me a good double blocked hit 12500, 4900 and 4900 damage taken all at once.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby lathander » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:07 am

i tanked illidan very easy full t6, but i changed t6 helm with hard khorium googles, preatorian legguards, insignia + moroes
and 120 around fire res + 70 aura tanked flame too :p
my guild loves bec i allow 1 more dps instead of tank with me tanking illidan + flame
i used worldi tactics for shear yea it was too easy and pull illidan to trap too easy
lathander

Postby lathander » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:10 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I'm failing miserably at moving him >.>

1: I step back a good 3 or so steps.
result: He doesn't move OR he moves too much
2: I strafe just outside of his selection box.
result: he moves too muh and usually in an odd angle, resulting in more crazy repositioning.
3: I move into his selection box, to then turn around him and step back
result: see 1 or 2

>.> I also took a flame crash tick just as he enraged and gave me a good double blocked hit 12500, 4900 and 4900 damage taken all at once.

i suggest for positioning him that, just turn him 90 degree and move back and turn 90 again
lathander

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:04 am

lathander wrote:i tanked illidan very easy full t6, but i changed t6 helm with hard khorium googles, preatorian legguards, insignia + moroes
my guild loves bec i allow 1 more dps instead of tank with me tanking illidan + flame
i used worldi tactics for shear yea it was too easy and pull illidan to trap too easy

mmm tanking illidan + flame, must try it someday

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby lathander » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:23 am

Worldie wrote:
lathander wrote:i tanked illidan very easy full t6, but i changed t6 helm with hard khorium googles, preatorian legguards, insignia + moroes

mmm tanking illidan + flame, must try it someday

a warlock captured the whole combat to movie, http://chica-gaming.se/permavsill.avi
lathander

Postby Io.Draco » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:31 am

its easier for a warrior I assume , talking in gear terms :P

Anyhow the other tanks in the guild would hate me forever if I did that , already im the only one who tanks him :twisted:
Io.Draco

Postby Zx » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:49 am

Might have been answered but didnt want to sift through responses. Worldi or other 0/40/21 folks how does the encounter change not using AS?

I've been wanting to take a stab at tanking him on one of our BT clear nights.
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple