Remove Advertisements

Supremus doesn't like Blood Elves >.>

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Supremus doesn't like Blood Elves >.>

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:15 am

2 out of the last 5 or so bt farms we've done, supremus decided to simply ignore the hateful tanks. like, wth?

I've tried max range with hitbox, in range of his selection box and inbetween his legs, and still he'd ignore me and the other guy to bash on our rogues.
What's with his hateful strikes? It happened more than once already.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:28 am

That's odd... he actually picks me over our druid, even though the druid has more health. Maybe it's you?
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:28 am

We've had this happen a few times. Now we generally tell melee dps to wait until the HS tank takes one between the eyes before they move in, to make sure the HS tank is tapped, as it were.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:50 am

Supremus: U HAS COOTIES! DO NOT WANT!

<sigh> I wish I could tell what happened on those kills. Gonna try drying him out of punchable stuff before melee goes in, ty.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:57 am

Just tank him and let the warriors-druids bother with hurtfuls tbh.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:12 am

Worldie wrote:Just tank him and let the warriors-druids bother with hurtfuls tbh.
good luck telling that to my raid leader. Last bloodboil kill was just me and the druid, because he couldn't get any rage and went under all but the healers when I made the pull.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:41 am

Drink a pot noob.

Warrior tanks are so 2007.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:53 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Worldie wrote:Just tank him and let the warriors-druids bother with hurtfuls tbh.
good luck telling that to my raid leader. Last bloodboil kill was just me and the druid, because he couldn't get any rage and went under all but the healers when I made the pull.

Overaggro him and say you are just meleeing without seal :P
I do that sometimes to piss off my co-maintank ^^
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:53 pm

his threat gen scares me =(

BUT ANYWAY
WHO ELSE HAS PROBLEMS WITH SUPREMUS COOTIES?
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:51 pm

Supremus "primes" his hateful strike, meaning he decides who he's going to use it on when he first uses it. After that point he can add new targets but he'll leave his existing list alone. Some examples:

Say you've got two offtanks, plus the main tank. Off of the pull, all the melee and tanks run in. When he primes his HS, his list will look like this:

OT
OT
melee
melee
etc.

You get through that phase and the kite phase, and he starts the next tank phase. Say one of your offtanks is way out of range, but two of the melee run in to start DPS immediately. He hateful strikes, and it hits the first OT, but his list looks like this:

OT
melee
melee

Right after that, the second OT arrives. Now, say the first OT doesn't get topped off right away, or gets hit enough that his HP drops below that of one of the melees standing next to him. Supremus HS'es again, and kills one of the two melee standing there (ignoring the other OT). Now his list looks like this:

OT
melee (dead)
melee
OT
etc

Melee #2 is going to die.

It's for that reason that you usually want melee DPS to stay out until all of the tanks are in range AND he uses HS.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Arcand » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:08 pm

The conclusion is simple enough, but I won't be happy until I'm sure I understand the mechanism.

Are you saying that right after he throws Hateful Strike #n, he instantly takes a 'health snapshot' and selects the target for strike #n+1 and he's going to Strike at that target no matter what heals land in the interim?
Arcand

Postby Novariety » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:25 pm

Cool on Monday I was having the same issues with the HS. 1st P1 I didnt get hit at all 2nd P1 I was getting hit as I was pretty much under him after the ending of the initial P2.

I understand how his HS works now :)
Novariety

Postby sapientialb » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:42 am

I got to experience this fight for the first time last night.
(and btw, tyvm Maintankadin for helping me get to where I am!)

Our warrior has me by 2K in health so I won't be MTing him anytime soon but I discovered the hard way that I don't want to end up overtopping him on threat.

Here's what happened: on our last attempt of the night I pulled agro for a few seconds and I'm not sure if our warrior didn't got topped off in the meantime or what but the next thing I know the kitty duid is splat from a hateful. So I guess the next time I'll have to chill out on starting my rotation as if I were a dpser or something.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:45 am

Threat has nothing to do with the HS
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby sapientialb » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:58 am

The whole thing just makes no sense, if I'm understanding correctly that especially at the beginning the person with highest HP besides the MT gets hit.

I ran up with the warrior (Misdirect used so no charge or anything, bascially treated it like it was Lynx) he started doing his thing, it felt like I pulled agro because he turned to me for a couple of seconds and then the kitty went splat. Maybe the warrior took a couple of big hits and the healers were a few milliseconds slow topping him off.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Next

Return to Black Temple