Remove Advertisements

24 hours before I OT Kara...I'm gonna die.

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Kizzer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:25 am

Shirak wrote:Maybe he got whooped to the point his internet gave up on him?

Tell us how it went!

lol, no. Actually, it went far better than any of us expected. A few of us (mainly the guys that helped level and gear me up) knew it was gonna be a bit dicey at times. The rest of the raid freaked out when they saw I was gonna be OT with a whopping 9200 unbuffed HP. I should probably explain that most of us (the MT, two healers, and two DPS) have been through Kara and some 25-man content (I was DPSing for those runs), so we know all the fights and they have the gear to make up for my lack of gear. Here's a quick rundown of what happened:

Group:
Feral MT
Me OT
2 Mages
1 Lock
2 Warriors (one fury, one arms I believe)
Holy Priest
Holy Pally
Resto Shammy

Attumen: I tanked Midnight, and Huntsman went down pretty easy. Then they made me tank the 5-pull in front of the repair guy in the next room. That was fun.

Moroes: Those Valet people hit REALLY hard. As far as the actual fight, we wiped once on a bad pull which led to the ret pally having a field day with our clothies. The second time went much better, with me remembering that I can BoP Garroted people to cut the debuff.

Maiden: Threw on my healing gear, and she went down pretty fast. The gauntlets dropped for me, so I was pretty psyched about that.

Opera: Romulo and Julianne. I tanked Julianne, and the fight went down without a hitch.

Curator: I took the Arcane Bolts like a champ. Sure enough, during the first Evocate, I watched as the DPS zoomed past me on the threat meters, but I'm guessing that the Bolts only hit people in melee range, because I was still taking random huge chunks of damage. Downed after second Evo, and the hunter/mage/warlock token dropped. :(

Shade: Improved Judgement of the Crusader is fun. He Pyroblasted at 4% due to us losing a DPS early in the fight, though.

Chess: The tank boots dropped. There was much rejoicing.

Prince: Threw on healing gear again, another hunter/mage/lock token.

At that point, we took a poll to see if we wanted to do any of the last three bosses. We went to Illhoof first. RL didn't have his announce on for Deadly Boss Mods, so I actually had to pay attention to see when Kil'rek popped. I made a simple macro before the fight because I'm lazy:

/target Kil'rek
/cast Exorcism

Easy mode.

Nightbane: It was a judgment call by raid leadership because they didn't feel I had the health to take on Netherspite. I was at 12k or so raid buffed, but I wasn't the one to make the call. When Nightbane went into the air, they had our lock Lifetap and had me heal him to generate threat. The raid ran to me when skellies popped, I consecrated, and our poor priest got roflpwned twice because Renew was ticking when Nightbane landed. The tanking shield dropped after nearly 12 minutes.

Netherspite: We decided to give it a try anyway, since we were on a roll. The fight was cake. The tanks were on a 4-in, 3-out dance routine on the red beam, and he went down without a problem, even though we had two DPSers that had never done the fight before. I picked up two nifty pieces of healing gear, so I can't complain there either.

All in all, it was pretty painless, except for those Arcane dudes right after Curator that hit like freaking trucks. Now I actually have to get some stuff re-enchanted and find a way to get rid of this green chestpiece ><.

Edit: my sig updated!
Kizzer

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:56 am

Kizzer wrote:Nightbane: It was a judgment call by raid leadership because they didn't feel I had the health to take on Netherspite. I was at 12k or so raid buffed, but I wasn't the one to make the call. When Nightbane went into the air, they had our lock Lifetap and had me heal him to generate threat. The raid ran to me when skellies popped, I consecrated, and our poor priest got roflpwned twice because Renew was ticking when Nightbane landed. The tanking shield dropped after nearly 12 minutes.

lolwut?

who cares are your HP on Netherspite.....buffed or unbuffed. That's what the red beam is for. Any shield bearing player of any spec can handle that. Whatever else it may be, Netherspite isn't even remotely a tank gear check :P

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Shirak » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:43 pm

Nicely done!
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Previous

Return to Karazhan