Remove Advertisements

Brutallus

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby PsiVen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:52 pm

If all else fails you could group swap a DPS warrior to shout for you a couple times. Might be safer if you're not comfortable repositioning.

Stacking meteor slash on the tank isn't a big deal, by the way. It's mostly about raid damage. I died at 11% tonight and our other tank got up to 9 stacks or so switching positions so the raid wouldn't get them. It was pretty pro.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Baelor » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:49 am

PsiVen wrote:If all else fails you could group swap a DPS warrior to shout for you a couple times. Might be safer if you're not comfortable repositioning.

Stacking meteor slash on the tank isn't a big deal, by the way. It's mostly about raid damage. I died at 11% tonight and our other tank got up to 9 stacks or so switching positions so the raid wouldn't get them. It was pretty pro.

Swapping the Fury Warrior out of the melee group kills the melee's battle shout. Swapping him back into the melee group will kill his Commanding Shout on the tank. Are you suggesting keeping the Fury Warrior in the tank group?
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:12 am

Heh. No, I just never knew that. I could swear we used to do this in Kara, has it ever worked?

Anyway like I said, getting slashed should be avoidable and isn't the end of the world. As long as one of you can find his way back to the right spot you should be able to refresh.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Morendin » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:47 am

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Morendin
is my preferred brutallis kit. depending on attendence I'll get one of the next three wrist tokens, and am 2nd/3rd in line for Illidian helm/shield, but as is I can only raise my HP by trading Sundered Souls for Band of the Abyssal Lord, and that's losing about. .6% dodge for 100 HP, which I'd prefer to avoid. Hyjal Exalted is also out, as I'm using scrolls of protection IV/V
PS
yes, I'm at 482 defense, that's what Elderberry Pies are for :twisted:

chaining ironshields, a typical stomp/MH/OH is <20k, but his damage range is kinda large, and he did once get a 21k insta-combo in on me, so I guess I'll run all the way to the other tank, immediately after burn so I don't spread it
Morendin

Postby Elsie » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:27 am

If you get burn just bubble it.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:36 am

Depends, getting the first 10 seconds of damage from burn is gud for mana :)

If you are tanking, Burn is a non issue, Stomp removes it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rhivath » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:43 am

So after testing out both myself and our warrior, we decided to go with me and the Druid for Brut, and have yet to kill him. I think my gear is pretty good, but here's what I've had every attempt so far + my Armory listing (legs was new for last night's attempt but was similar dmg intake) -

Elixir of Major Agility
Elixir of Major Fortitude
Spicy Crawdad
Greater Rune of Warding
Superior Wizard Oil
Stoneskin Totem
Grace of Air Totem
Devotion Aura
Ironshield immediately after stomp
Trinket use first stomp
Nightmare Seed second stomp

And this is my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silver+Hand&n=Rhivath. Is there different consumables, raid buffs, timers, or anything I can use to make this thing easier on the raid? Healers can keep me up no problem, until stomp, where I have been gibbed on stomps more than I'd like to admit. Last night we looked at grim reaper every time I died, and one time he managed a 24k burst (7.2k stomp, 12.3k mainhand, 4.5k offhand at same moment). Is there other gear I need to try and find, or gems I need to change, or enchants?

Any help is appreciated, and before someone suggests it - Faceplate, Insignia, and Libram have not dropped in BT for at least 3 months each, I managed to get Kalec's legs and bracers before the goddam Insignia.

EDIT: Forgot about the Ahune I did last night to get a friend Deathfrost, wrong trinket is on... relogging to update it now.
Rhivath - Alliance Paladin of Silver Hand
And many many alts!
Rhivath

Postby Lieris » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:49 am

What trinkets are you using and are you starting the tanking?
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhivath » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:58 am

Proper trinkets are Moroes and Commendation (I have no other avoidance trinkets but Aqir, and no other on-use ones - i'm not a JC), and I am the starting tank because of my burst threat... our other tank is about same TPS but early on with Wings I can get a large lead for dps.
And many many alts!
Rhivath

Postby Lieris » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:07 am

It's best that you start it anyway because it means you only have to plan around tanking 3 stomps at:

1:30
2:30
5:00

You should be fine as you are, I would use Slikk's cloak instead though. Hopefully Bloodboil in the meantime will have mercy on you! ;)
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Morendin » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:27 am

Worldie wrote:Depends, getting the first 10 seconds of damage from burn is gud for mana :)

If you are tanking, Burn is a non issue, Stomp removes it.

I'm not really worried about burning *myself*, the problem is making sure I don't get targeted for burn, or worse, pick up a burn from the front/frontright person in my square and hand it off to the frontright/right person...healing is very tight for us and spread burns=dead people.

also...just a nit, but in the unlikely but possible(it sorta happened monday, but that was a spread burn from an early attempt) case of the all following things happening, burn is bad shit:
a) I have already bubbled out of burn
b)I get burn again
c) I get it approximately 10 seconds after handing off tanking
d)stomp does not come up until I am in the last 10 seconds of said burn.

in that case, I am taking the 3600 base ticks with 2x slashes, for really huge amounts of damage...it's enough of a planning factor that I save my bubble for burn, and that's it...probably lower odds than eating the stomp+6 hits gib of doom
Morendin

Postby Morendin » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:57 am

Ironshield immediately after stomp
Trinket use first stomp
Nightmare Seed second stomp
one time he managed a 24k burst (7.2k stomp, 12.3k mainhand, 4.5k offhand at same moment). Is there other gear I need to try and find, or gems I need to change, or enchants?

The reason you took that 24k burst is because you did not have ironshield up, unless the warrior is slacking on Demo shout...personally, the tail of the stomp(that is, seconds 2+ into the debuff) is not all that dangerous if your healers have topped you off....the killer part is immediately as he stomps.
While waiting on the ironshield will add an extra 1,250 armor(compared to chaining them on the pull) starting .x seconds after the stomp, and you can hit the pot against the timer bar rather than waiting for the ability to fire, not having 2.5k armor for stomp itself(which appears to my eyes to deal damage before gibbing your AC, anyone have a druid parse for comparision?) and 1,250 for the possible simultaneous double hit risks that 24k gib you saw.

My worst instant smash from him is 21k: 6.5k stomp, 10.5k MH, 4k OH.
I see that you have 18965 AC unbuffed. I actually have 250 less unbuffed(WTT libram for Bulwark of Azzinoth), using the badge ring and Slikks, which would put you almost 1k over me at minimal cost.

I also replaced the Hyjal ring so I could use Scrolls of protection, but those may very well not be available on your realm in sufficient quantities at reasonable prices(if we go back tonight, I won't be able to do that for more than an hour, monday killed about 2 weeks of hitting the AH once a day for scrolls)

PS.
you say your sustained threat is comparable to the other tanks...are you dropping yourself to 2-3k mana while not tanking? SA does a good 100 TPS if you can get enough of a buffer to not top off...I can't ditch mana fast enough even with an RF or two between my cycle if I don't start with that 4k buffer
Morendin

Postby Rhivath » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:05 pm

Thanks for the advice, I tired to argue the Ironshield point but officers argued back and decided to just do it anyway... and about warriors slacking, thats a probability, but I doubt it.

I have a feeling I should just buy Slikk's (never did, I got Pepe's when still wearing some blues) for the extra armor and tiny avoidance, since my health is pretty good atm. Badge ring, eh, I'm not sure, it's a loss of defense/block value for dodge/armor, but I guess for this fight, I should?

EDIT: When I'm not tanking, I am spamming everything I can, including AS and RF, to get myself to as low mana as I can... when I start tanking him again my mana shoots to full in a couple hits, plus by doing this I add a little dps when not tanking.
And many many alts!
Rhivath

Postby Morendin » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:12 pm

not much you can do about the officers telling you how to do it, the gib shouldn't happen to often anyway :)
the badge ring itself is pretty much equal to the hyjal ring...the gain is from being able to use scrolls for another 2-300 armor

EDIT:
threat wise I seem to do at least 1500 TPS if I can keep my mana from topping off(it goes up even throwing in an RF each cycle, WTB threat-causing mana sink that's off the GCD), sound about right for you? if so, that's damn impressive from your co-tank(s) :)
Morendin

Postby Splug » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:43 pm

PsiVen wrote:Heh. No, I just never knew that. I could swear we used to do this in Kara, has it ever worked?
Yes. It was once possible to battle shout a group, change groups, and then battle shout the other group. I recall using this technique to increase rogue damage on Vael when our warriors were all in windfury/warlock camps to tank.

I do not remember when it was changed, but currently removing a player with activated buffs such as battle/commanding shout from a group will also wipe that buff from the group he was pulled out of. It also affects bloodlust (and thus swapping a shaman into a group for bloodlust means leaving them there the full duration).

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau