Remove Advertisements

Off-Tank Lynx Boss Troubles

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Off-Tank Lynx Boss Troubles

Postby Docktor » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:07 pm

Okay, I'm relatively new to the tanking business and am now doing ZA. No problems except when I am off-tanking Lynx boss. I cannot seem to get the lynx to come to me before he pwns a healer. Any suggestions as to how to taunt him and hold him? Can I target him and hit taunt, or is there some macro that might work better? My spell damage is only 355 buffed, so that might be a factor. Getting PvP mace probably in next couple days which will help a lot, I'm sure.

Any tips would be much appreciated.
Docktor

Postby Ryuusuke » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:16 pm

Your Spelldamage is not the Problem. Simply target him fast and Judge Seal of Blood. Furthermore have the group spread out!
Usually i'm MT and tank the Lynx, i simply taunt him, right after he runs towards any healer. Tab-targetting and no macro at all.

Otherwise you might use some marco like
/targetexact Spirit of the Lynx
/cast Judgement

or with
/cast Name-of-our-Taunt (lol, i really forgot it.... blame me xD)
Ryuusuke

Postby Seloei » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:58 pm

I don't even use a spelldamage weapon when im on lynx duty. Avoidance weapon with deathfrost and only once had a triple resist on the lynx that made him go for the healer.

Either use the macro or turn on nameplates ( V normally) when he is reaching the normal phase charge up a seal of blood, consecrate (or righteousness if allied) and try to click/judge him FAST, if he gets away before you have time to target/judge taunt him, then judge. That is usually enough.
If he ignores you after that, frisbee him, if he still ignores you. Your screwed.
Seloei

Postby Ryuusuke » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:45 am

Also remember:
After Phase-switch you got spare-time of 2-3 seconds till the lynx spawns. You can move away from the boss in between the boss and the healers to better grap the lynx spirit.
Just be sure to be back at position when phase ends :P 1 Person cleaves do HURT!
Ryuusuke

Postby Docktor » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:48 am

Thanks, I know at least once I taunted and then it ran back to healer. Hadn't thought of seal of blood. Thanks all for the pointers.
Docktor

Postby Moby » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:56 am

I usually try to get a consecrate down, then taunt the spirit, then judge righteousness. But that fact is, when he spawns, the healers are still dropping some pretty big heals and it's not unheard of for him to still aggro a healer. When that happens, stunning him is helpful, and an avengers shield to his face can come in handy.
Moby

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:36 am

I've used this macro:
Code: Select all
/cleartarget
/stopmacro [target=target, noexists]
/cast Judgement

And it's worked like a charm for me. Just precast a seal(righteous,blood) and spam the macro during the phase switch and it'll judge as soon as he's targetable.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:15 am

Snake has it. I tried several ways before that macro and although it wasnt an issue, the spirit would take off around the room for a few seconds every time. With the noexists macro you just seal righteousness or blood and spam the macro as the spirit comes out. It will the judge the instant the cat is ready and you'll have him. You'll even see him look at a healer then you, its fast. Put consecration down a few seconds prior to the switch.
Frickit

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:30 am

Can't go faster than that :p Salved healers is a boon here, specially if any of them didn't take the threat reduction talents they have.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:57 am

Also, keep a backup macro for those times your JoR resists (alliance)

/cleartarget
/cast Righteous Defense

Or you could combine them:

/cleartarget
/stopmacro [target=target, noexists]
/cast [mod:shift] Righteous Defense; Judgement
jere

Postby Colette » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:05 am

You can always check on omen for the healer with the highest threat and start spamming taunt before the split. Taunting a friendly when there's no hostiles targetting them won't burn the cooldown.

Lucky for me, though, I slightly outgear our warrior tank, so I usually tank the humanoid and he grabs the lynx.
Colette

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:12 am

Colette wrote:You can always check on omen for the healer with the highest threat and start spamming taunt before the split. Taunting a friendly when there's no hostiles targetting them won't burn the cooldown.

Lucky for me, though, I slightly outgear our warrior tank, so I usually tank the humanoid and he grabs the lynx.
Never heard of it, Col. I've often used RD on a player in org for the animation and it'd enter the CD
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:21 am

taunt isnt effective. if you miss with JoR just use avengers shield. i havent lost anyone to a loose spirit yet. I also outgear my offtank but I like being able to control the add and I have plenty of health for the cleaves.
Frickit

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:30 am

Yeah, your best bet is to use the macro Snake posted, and if you're Alliance (don't have Blood, and Righteousness resists), then taunt. Since he's on healing aggro, it's a bad idea to use our taunt because of the way it bugs out if he switches targets.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Sylvari » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:03 am

way I usually do it is charge up SoR and hit Tab until the Lynx pops and gets targeted and immediately judge, never had any problems with resists (but now that I've said that it will likely resist every time I am in there)
Sylvari

Next

Return to Zul'aman