getting teased at in vent while in Magtheridon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

getting teased at in vent while in Magtheridon

Postby Fenira » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:44 pm

Well, today I got my feelings hurt in vent :oops: For pretty much nothing. I was main tanking Magtheridon. And this other Paladin on summoner adds was making fun of me how I'm crushable. Be honest, I'm really not... but simply come out their and make a complete ass in front of 25 people in vent. Not very nice :(

Anyways, he's going on about how I can be crushed and etc. I know I can't but since I'm so upset about this. I took it a little to far, look here is the forum post.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 0&sid=1#15

Also, my character with Avoidance Macro up.
I'm just pissed, If anyone wants to add to the post please do. Thanks
Fenira

Postby BigBlueCheese » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:25 pm

Why do you care what some random wow nerd has to say?
BigBlueCheese

Postby Fenira » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:41 pm

I'm sensitive... :(
Fenira

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:18 pm

You know you are not and you told him you are not..there's not much else you can do

If the guildies disbelieve you, show them the numbers.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:23 pm

Mylina wrote:I'm sensitive... :(

I'm going to offer some advice paraphrased from Dr Percival Cox:

By you reaching the level of main tank, you have somehow managed to become a member of a club that I belong to...

...That being said, it's my obligation to let you in on the organization's one and only bylaw: We're men.
The women are men. The children are men. The men -- of course -- men!

He was being a dick, but you're being over-sensitive. Some people will always choose to be complete fuckwads online and there's really nothing you can do about it save speaking to your officers about it. And if the officers agree with the fuckwad then they too are fuckwads.

Your choices are:

1. Post WWS reports that show the fact youre not getting crushed. this may work or it may play into his dickwaderry.

2. Ignore him. Vent has a mute user option if you really can't deal with it.

3. Just get a thicker skin. When you're Main Tanking, you need some confidence otherwise you won't get it done.

4. Get a nice, pink-themed livejournal and use it to store all your sad thoughts.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Aerfalle » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:34 pm

Ulushnar wrote:

By you reaching the level of main tank, you have somehow managed to become a member of a club that I belong to...

...That being said, it's my obligation to let you in on the organization's one and only bylaw: We're men.

He was being a dick, but you're being over-sensitive. Some people will always choose to be complete fuckwads online and there's really nothing you can do about it save speaking to your officers about it. And if the officers agree with the fuckwad then they too are fuckwads.

Your choices are:

1. Post WWS reports that show the fact youre not getting crushed. this may work or it may play into his dickwaderry.

3. Just get a thicker skin. When you're Main Tanking, you need some confidence otherwise you won't get it done.

4. Get a nice, pink-themed livejournal and use it to store all your sad thoughts.

ROFL!!

I vote for #2. Seriously, don't feed into this, it'll make it worse. If you're very defensive and upset, people will think he must be right.
Aerfalle

Postby Dendrah » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:09 am

I'm so very happy I'm not playing on your server...

Anyway if he would start out like that to me I would not play with him and he will be the only member of my ignore list.
He should know that other toons walking around have humans sitting behind their screen.

I kicked my own brother out of a party once for being an ass. Behave or find another tank... that's my way of seeing it.

Now tanks are in short supply on my server so that gives me an edge :)
Dendrah

Postby Fivelives » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:06 am

I love how he owned himself on the e-drama thread.

Just ignore him, it'll piss him off even worse and lead to further hilarity.
Fivelives

Postby Thanehand » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:42 am

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain

He's clearly an self-absorbed idiot, who's had he ego "crushed" while you were MTing maggy and he was left in the, self-centred, corner OTing.

His maths is wrong, which all of us do from time to time, but he shouldn't be jumping around declaiming you as being a noob without checking his calcs...

All I can say is ignore the idiot. To get upset about it says that you care what he thinks... and you don't, do you?
ImageImage
Thanehand

Postby sbeacher » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:42 am

That dude's a douche but so are you for bringing this up on multiple forums just for the pat on the back.

Take comfort in the fact he just clowned himself and ignore him from now on.
sbeacher

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:48 am

Can I quote Dr. Cox, too?

Dr. Cox wrote:People are just bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Blutreich » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:29 pm

+ 50 dkp for quoting Dr. Cox
Going to spend my cab money on more shots and just take the ambulance home
Blutreich

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:22 pm

If you can't brush off unwarranted criticism, you're not going to make it as an MT regardless of class. Buck up and move on.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby ldeboer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:48 pm

Thats the funniest read I have had for a while :)

All I would say is did you die from Mags blows ... NO ... beyond that there is SFA you can do about the clicking or anything else as a tank.
ldeboer

Postby Loendoran » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:54 pm

Ulushnar wrote:

Your choices are:

Oh c'mon...you left out the best part of Dr. Cox's quote!

Lindsay, by you reaching the level of attending physician (main tank), you have somehow managed to become a member of a club that I belong to. [Chuckles] Obviously there was no vote. Because if there had been, you would still hear the sound of my voice screaming, "Nay, nay, oh, dear God, one thousand times nay!" That being said, it's my obligation to let you in on the organization's one and only bylaw: We're men.
Loendoran

Next

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag