Remove Advertisements

Kalecgos Trash

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kalecgos Trash

Postby Mortehl » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:12 am

Okay. Can someone please help me out with the scout trash? My guild had it's first Sunwell raid last night and we spent 90+ minutes wiping trying to figure out the right way to pull the trash.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:06 am

Sorry, I can't help you I'm too worried about the alpha talents the other classes got.

It's not much different than the Scouts in ZA.
The only thing is that if you don't kill the Scout in time the Bot comes, the other adds are automatic.

Simply CC and tank them.
Dragonzbane

Postby Neuron » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:27 am

Mindsoothe the scout. Get ranged casters lined up in position and count it down. Have a hunter misdirect the trash to a tank as casters kill the scout. Paladins should be ready to bop any casters with aggro. Once scout is dead, mages sheep their targets and tanks pull their targets back (3 tanks is enough 2 mages is enough).
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:32 am

Don't make the stupid error of killing the first robot on the left, it would just make the first scout pull harder.

Scouts can be distracted if mind soothed before.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:36 am

Mind soothe the scouts, pile all ranged damage at ~35 yards from their closest patrol point, distract them there, and count down "the bomb." That should give everyone a nice long window to wind up pyros, aimed shot, etc and have it all fly at once. After the opening salvo starts to fly, tanks need to charge forward and keep the group itself under control while ranged run after the scout to fire instants at it in case one salvo of ranged damage was insufficient to kill the thing.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Elsie » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:08 pm

You don't need mind soothe for distract, but if your rogues are bad or ranged dps get too close it helps. Just count to 1 from 5, and all spells should be GOING OFF at 1 (to deal with multiple cast times).

We always kill the first robot on the left and pile in that corner (we also kill the pat first).
Elsie

Postby Tisiphone » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:32 pm

1. Get on your mount.
2. Let the ranged DPS fail at killing the scout.
3. See the scout activate the robot.
4. Run out.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:47 pm

Ranged DPS needs to focus fire on the scout to get it dead ASAP, as I'm sure you know. We usually have a hunter misdirect on me to start the pull so I get initial facepull aggro, as it were.

I drop a consecrate between the mobs and the raid, so while the pack runs at us, they pick up a tick or two of cons, which is enough to funnel them to me, where I've LOSed around the geometry, or just moved back to give us some room to work -- especially on the middle pulls where there's no handy arch way.

We run with 2 mages, so they sheep a cabalist or two, or possibly a cabalist and a slayer before the mobs get to my ultimate tanking position, where I have a steaming cup of consecrate ready for them.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:16 pm

fuzzygeek wrote: where I have a steaming cup of consecrate ready for them.

I love that phrase.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:45 pm

Anything with a cast time and that takes time to reach the scout is okay. Starfire and Arcane Shot here are a bad idea.

You don't need a huge amount of damage to kill them it just has to be of the right kind and the right moment (use a countdown timer for this).
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Mortehl » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:05 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Ranged DPS needs to focus fire on the scout to get it dead ASAP, as I'm sure you know. We usually have a hunter misdirect on me to start the pull so I get initial facepull aggro, as it were.

I drop a consecrate between the mobs and the raid, so while the pack runs at us, they pick up a tick or two of cons, which is enough to funnel them to me, where I've LOSed around the geometry, or just moved back to give us some room to work -- especially on the middle pulls where there's no handy arch way.

We run with 2 mages, so they sheep a cabalist or two, or possibly a cabalist and a slayer before the mobs get to my ultimate tanking position, where I have a steaming cup of consecrate ready for them.

Do you just AOE tank everything?
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:11 pm

In theory dawn priests and dragonhawks are aoetankable, and i'd guess you can grab one vindocator as well or a dusk priest.

Arch mages and Cabalists are just too dangerous to have more than 1 up at same time, and that one up should be focused down.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:22 am

Mortehl wrote:Do you just AOE tank everything?

Generally if it can be AoE tanked, we do, since we run warlock heavy.

Slayers are ranged and a pain in the ass to move, and are often offtanked or CCed.

Vindicators cleave and MS, and are usually offtanked to the side so stupid melee don't get narfed.

Archmages blink around and frost nova, and are usually sheeped. The blink is nice because they'll blink out of consecrate and I don't have to move an entire pack of mobs for the sake of one sheep.

Cabalists aren't a big deal, as long as they're on top of you. They chain summon imps, which doesn't matter if they're in cons and dying to seeds, but they are generally our first sheep target. I've not seen more than 2 in a pack, but occasionally there will be one. Of course, we've been in sunwell for all of two weeks so YMMV.

Dawn priest heals can be interrupted. dusk priest chain mind flay just hurts. Aoe tanking them is not a big deal. And spin the dragonhawks away from the raid, etc.

We usually run 2 mages and 2-3 tanks, so generally I'm tanking 2-4 mobs, depending on what goes wrong and who's afk sammich.

The initial patch of consecrate is a herding mechanic; that+los will help give the raid time to pick up targets and CC/position them. I pick up everything else that gets loose.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Return to Sunwell Plateau