Remove Advertisements

any paladins MT archimonde?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Seloei » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:14 am

Consider droping a shaman in the melee group to land a tremor for you. It saved us a few times when the tank forgot to dance or we were using a druid. Or a shaman + paladin group who will be dedicated to cleansing you as the FIRST thing he does.

Tremor + 2 priests + druid -> no fingered deaths

Otherwise, your line of thought might work but i'd suggest letting a carebear tank it instead of you since of the bigger avoidance+armor+charge if you are going to be danceing with fear wards. It is possible to tank as a pala, but we are the "bottom of the 3" for the choice of the fight considering usefulness. Unless your DPS is threat capped on him (which they shouldn't be considering doomfires)

Also, some priests might be feared away and get stuck behind a doomfire and can't recast their ward on CD.
Seloei

Postby Saintsabbat » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:16 am

Apologies for resurrecting this thread.

Tonight we will be attempting Archi for the first time. We have a good warrior, good feral and good paladin (me). The question is who to let tank?

I've read all the archi threads on here and am still undecided. As I see it benefits are:

Warrior: stance dances fear, LS, SW, healers can use fear ward on themselves.

Feral: high true avoidance, high armour, high hp.

Paladin: cleanse feared MT healers, high threat (not an issue on this fight), LoH.

From what I've read people seem to be very keen on druids as Archi cannot crush, my question would be that surely all of the normal hits the druid would be taking compared to me or warrior at worst blocking would compensate for their higher armour?

I would greatly value people's opinions as to what is the ideal tank, it is obvious all 3 can MT archi but I want to make things as easy as possible for the progression kill.

Thanks, Saint x

(We will have 4+ priests so fear ward rotation is not a concern).
Proud GM, RL and MT of <Cataclysm> Bronze Dragonflight 5/5 MH, 9/9 BT.
Saintsabbat

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:21 am

As long as the warrior can stance dance he's by far the best suited tank. Unless his gear is far behind the other 2
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:46 am

a warrior who can stance dance correclty beats any tank hands down on this fight.
Druids however take a lot less damage but need fear wards (and or trinket+totem) to do it. If you have a warrior who is not capable of stance danceing, and you have a enh shaman (and a few priests) then the druid is a good alternative.

Druids take less damage even tho you block ~300-400. The damage reduction on archis hits on a capped druid is in the 1-2k range somewhere.
Seloei

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:46 am

Threat Gen on Archi is also mostly unnecessary. Every DPSer, specially melee, is capped by the need to Move, Dammit®. For a tank this guy is all about mitigation and not moving at all.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Saintsabbat » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:59 am

Thankyou kindly for a definitive answer.

Looks like I'll be healing or DPSing then :) x
Proud GM, RL and MT of <Cataclysm> Bronze Dragonflight 5/5 MH, 9/9 BT.
Saintsabbat

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:06 am

Saintsabbat wrote:Thankyou kindly for a definitive answer.

Looks like I'll be healing or DPSing then :) x
I recommend healing, given melee really has a hard time there. I do more in prot spec doing healz + cleansing than i'll ever do dps as prot, no matter the gear.
btw, priests are op. It is entirely possible for a full group to be out of the fight 90% of the time, given stupid airburts, mother<censored> doomfires and many many grips manhandling your priest.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Strom » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:23 am

Since there is no vanilla Archimone thread that I could find, I thought I would post this here.

We are going in for the first time tonight to do some serious attempts on him. I specced ret for the fight and we will be using the 3 ranged "groups" strategy. I have read all kinds of crazy advice about doomfires and melee. So what is it? Will I be able to stand within his hit box, while still far enough away from the MT so he doesnt get hit with AB, and not have to worry about doomfires? So the only thing I need to worry about is using trinket/bubble on fear and cleanse MT healers and DPSing the boss? Oh and not cratering when the melee gets hit with AB, but that is a no brainer.

Any other tips?
Strom

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:17 pm

Strom wrote:Since there is no vanilla Archimone thread that I could find, I thought I would post this here.

We are going in for the first time tonight to do some serious attempts on him. I specced ret for the fight and we will be using the 3 ranged "groups" strategy. I have read all kinds of crazy advice about doomfires and melee. So what is it? Will I be able to stand within his hit box, while still far enough away from the MT so he doesnt get hit with AB, and not have to worry about doomfires? So the only thing I need to worry about is using trinket/bubble on fear and cleanse MT healers and DPSing the boss? Oh and not cratering when the melee gets hit with AB, but that is a no brainer.

Any other tips?

I stay at the furthest range of his hitbox. You should be able to move out of doomfires in time. Other than that, you have it right. Tremor totem should be taking care of most of the cleanses of fears, though.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:45 pm

Your big worry isn't doomfire, but airbursts hitting the tank. Pay attention to be always as far as possible from your tank, be prepared to run away and don't ignore cleansing someone if it's necessary.

Doomfire damage is healable, it ticks for up to 2k I think, but you can't really afford to lose more than one healer's attention span to doomfired people.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Strom » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:13 pm

So for the Doomfire.... does it spawn under melee or does it spawn behind us and come back toward us (targeting a melee)?

I guess I am having trouble understanding how or why I need to avoid Doomfire in melee.
Strom

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:25 pm

It spawns a little after the middle of Archi's hitbox, and it chooses someone nearby and follows.

The problem is: Your healers are fucking busy to bother with doomfired people.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:34 pm

The doomfire spawns right ouside the hitbox. In a random position around the boss.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Strom » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:13 am

Ok we did 12 attempts last night. Our best effort was 66% :oops:

We can survive Air Burst. We can survive Doomfires (even heal through them some). We even survived one death for 10% of his life.... but people cannot help but get feared into doomfires.

We have told people to move away from the fires ~6 sec before a fear and they still get feard into them.

..... /sigh
Strom

Postby Dendrah » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:24 am

Stress your raiders that their first job is to stay alive.

What we in our guild did was to have the DPS acting like DPSing but only using wands/autoshots/autoattack and to run around the boss avoiding the fire and staying alive. It gets the DPS'ers head of the DPS cycles and stuff. It really teaches them to survive. We were only allowed to DPS again once we hitted the enrage this way. (Next try ofc)

Everyone should bring his PvP trinket as well. This helps breaking the fear if they approch the fires.

It is a survival fight not a DPS fight. One player dying means a wipe for most of the time. For reaching the 10 minute barrier you only need an average of a little less then 500 DPS/DPS'er. Everyone end MH can do that. Even holy priests.
Dendrah

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal