Remove Advertisements

Uncrushable

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Uncrushable

Postby benias » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:04 pm

So i am super confused about something. I am uncrushable according to the math i have seen on this site and other sites. Yet last night i was crushed three times by prince within 3 seconds. To say that least i was pissed off, and then i was confused. Can you guys help me out a bit.
benias

Re: Uncrushable

Postby Vanifae » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:16 pm

benias wrote:So i am super confused about something. I am uncrushable according to the math i have seen on this site and other sites. Yet last night i was crushed three times by prince within 3 seconds. To say that least i was pissed off, and then i was confused. Can you guys help me out a bit.

Was Holy Shield up? Did he flurry at the exact moment your Holy Shield went down? Did you suffer lag, maybe a copy of the combat parse would help to nail down exactly what happened?
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby benias » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:44 pm

thats what bothered me so much. I had no lag, and holy shield was up. I was using an agility pot and had agility totem down so i was well above the uncrushable mark. The fact of the matter is that the healers should have still kept me up seeing how each crush was under 3k, but im still bothered by the crushes. I'm the GM of the guild so i dont have to prove my worth to anyone, however if uncrushable means that your mostly uncrushable i might just let a crap warrior in that is almost uncrushable without shield block up. My gear doesnt exactly suck either.

Also, if anyone wants to post some instructions on how to parse your combatlog, i would really appreciate it. Is there a special mod for it that helps you out?
benias

Postby Everlight » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:21 pm

benias wrote:I'm the GM of the guild so i dont have to prove my worth to anyone, however if uncrushable means that your mostly uncrushable i might just let a crap warrior in that is almost uncrushable without shield block up. My gear doesnt exactly suck either.

Were you moving him around at the time? Normal latency can cause him to get behind you if you're moving for a moment and crush you in the back.
Everlight

Postby Elcure » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:45 pm

An armory link maybe too???
Elcure

Postby benias » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:10 pm

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... =Bubblbath

sorry, i was under the impression that my signiture linked to armory not the site.
benias

Postby Anuji » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:54 am

benias wrote:http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Runetotem&n=Bubblbath

sorry, i was under the impression that my signiture linked to armory not the site.

i really don't know what i could say to you.. but your Gear is of course ready for the prince, maybe i would put on more stamina Gear and change the shield so you get around 15k hp.. but that isn't a must.

in my imagination you can't get a crushin within that gear you have while tanking the "comon' i'm 1hittin youuuu, PEW PEW PEW 4 hits in one-sec-" Prince :D

no.. really i have no idea... tanked him without any sort of problems last thursday (was even better then our warriors.. downed him about 20 minutes faster then last time ^^)
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... ck&n=Anuji
Hope it's understandable what i'm sayin' :D
Anuji

Postby benias » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:26 am

So as if that wasn't frustrating enough, i ended up tanking fathom lord for about 75% because our MT got killed and did just fine. Go figure. I'm still a little bit frazzled by what happened and my confidence in the whole uncrushable thing is really in question.

That being said i got some new pants and was wondering what gems or chants you guys think i should change out. I would like to maximize my stamina but at the same time i don't want to sacrifice too much actual avoidance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
benias

Postby adese » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:33 am

benias wrote:Also, if anyone wants to post some instructions on how to parse your combatlog, i would really appreciate it. Is there a special mod for it that helps you out?

First, make sure that you type /combatlog in game so that it will save all of your combat log to a file in the Logs directory under where you installed WoW.

After the run, go to http://www.lossendil.com/, and use the Java app (click on "Start the Client", or some such) and upload your log file using it. It gives a ton of useful information of everything that happened while you were logging combat.
adese

Postby Lore » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:06 am

Was Holy Shield up, or just on cooldown? If Prince gets lucky with flurry/windfury procs, he CAN burst through Holy Shield.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:18 am

Lore wrote:Was Holy Shield up, or just on cooldown? If Prince gets lucky with flurry/windfury procs, he CAN burst through Holy Shield.

Prince has Windfury?
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Lore » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:24 am

Thrash, I meant. Couldn't think of the name. Shush, it's early.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby neokai » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:46 am

Vanifae wrote:
Lore wrote:Was Holy Shield up, or just on cooldown? If Prince gets lucky with flurry/windfury procs, he CAN burst through Holy Shield.

Prince has Windfury?

lol, omg. Imagine a 3 sec pwnage....

Prince gains Flurry.
Prince hits you for 3000 damage.
Prince's Windfury attack hits you for 3000 damage.
Prince's thrash hits you for 3000 damage. You block 300 damage.
Prince's Windfury attack hits you for 3000 damage.
Prince's Shadow Nova hits you for 2000 damage.
Prince hits you for 2000 damage. You die.
Prince spits on you.
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.
My warcraftpets profile here

neokai

Return to Basic Training & Talents