Whirlwind stuffup on leo the blind

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Whirlwind stuffup on leo the blind

Postby Hanadra » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:14 am

My guild did it's first attempt on leo today and had some issues. I was tank human phase and I was doing fine until he whirlwinded. I timed my AS to hit just as whirlwind ended and it hit him, but for some reason he ignored it and rofl stomped the raid. Any thoughts?
Hanadra

Postby ulushnar » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:41 am

Any number of things:

*Avenger's Shield can miss.

*Due to lag you hit him too early, or someone's DoT hit him first.

*Some Nub Hunter will shoot him just as the whirlwind stops and his feign will be resisted.

When we did him we had all our shamans put down Searing Totems near the tanking spot. As long as your Dotters are sensible enough to let their Dots run out before his whirlwind is finished, then this will work great.

Also, after the Avenger's Shield, I hit him with a JoR to make sure he isn't going anywhere.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:30 am

I usually start casting as soon as the timer is on 1 second...because of latency, it'll be shot 0,3 seconds after his whirl is over. Works like a charm.

keep judgment ready(JoB is op), and if you can, consecrate the searing totems.
And yeah, the dps HAS to be patient. You WILL need that second or two, and the aggro is reset. Trigger-happy dps = wipe.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:53 am

Follow him around and use Judgement of Blood. Only use Avenger's Shield if he's out of range. If you count on Avenger's Shield, it can miss, and by that time he's too far away to pick up easily.

Be sure Searing Totems are down, and make it clear to your raid that as long as those totems are up, if he goes after anyone, it's their fault. Healers should stop healing, and DPS should have stopped DPS, so literally the only things doing threat are the Searing Totems and you.

This makes it easy. Once it's clear that they should do NOTHING after a Whirlwind and they are responsible, it becomes much simpler. Assuming once he DOES come to you, you keep him, there shouldn't be any more issues.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:53 pm

He's finicky. I last fought him with about 860 spell damage buffed up and I still had some dps who weren't paying attention grab him on the transition. And it took more than my shield to get him back.

DPS needs to cut that crap out and pay attention and it's much easier. Hunter MD rotations help when they're up.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby antiy4ho0 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:24 pm

The fight goes so much smoother if your DPS does what they're supposed to and stops. I call DPS to stop with 5 seconds left on whirlwind, and call for it again after I get 5 seconds of threat in after whirlwind. Also I know when we were first starting Leo it looked like we were behind on enrage timers, but you will catch up and go ahead during demon phase. Searing Pain threat is OP : )
antiy4ho0

Postby Tekkel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:08 am

Lol I tanked the demon phase once in full fr gear and my threat was skyrocketting on the first one. However lack of incoming damage drains your pool so fast that you can't use your aura untill you have a few dots up and need to stand in the ww to get some damage taken.

It's quite fun as you can clear your debuffs in the split phase which makes you unkillable. 18k hp and clearing off the debuff when the shots come close to 14k should last you enough time to kill the human form.
Tekkel

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern