Remove Advertisements

SoV or SoR for tanking

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Holyfield » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:02 pm

I was reading the PTR patch notes for pallies, and Vengeance seems to be getting a bit of a buff next patch. "Seal of Vengeance duration increased to 15 seconds. In addition, when Seal of Vengeance strikes a target that already has 5 applications you will cause instant Holy damage."

http://worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/t ... notes.html

Granted, it's not as dependable as SoR, but does an increased duration of time for a chance to re-proc, and the damage bonus for having it proc on 5 stacks make it significant of an increase in damage to use regularly on boss mobs? I've personally have used SoV pretty regularly on boss mobs, and have been able to keep it up pretty easily, and have noticed an increase in my threat over SoR. Maybe it's all in my head. Thoughts?
Holyfield

Postby Lore » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:59 am

There was some discussion about this in another thread somewhere, lemme see if I can dig it up...

I think this is the one: http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=1206
Lore
Global Mod

Postby kurros » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:57 am

Cames wrote:We are debating this stuff on our guild boards about when it gets fixed or if it is so complicated it never gets fixed.

It's 100% fixable. Originally, it worked differently. Each dot tic was based on your current damage. A favorite warlock tactic back then was to cast all your dots first, then use your talisman of ephemeral power + ZG hero charm(when it was +280 damage) and watch the dots jump up in damage to melt someone, and then start casting shadow bolts.

This was nerfed to the system we have now, where damage is set at cast time and doesn't change. They could go back to the old way if they wanted to, but I have a feeling that prefer it this way.

So, my opinion is that it could easily be fixed but it won't be.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby cyndeace » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:43 pm

Holyfield wrote:I was reading the PTR patch notes for pallies, and Vengeance seems to be getting a bit of a buff next patch. "Seal of Vengeance duration increased to 15 seconds. In addition, when Seal of Vengeance strikes a target that already has 5 applications you will cause instant Holy damage."

Granted, it's not as dependable as SoR, but does an increased duration of time for a chance to re-proc, and the damage bonus for having it proc on 5 stacks make it significant of an increase in damage to use regularly on boss mobs? I've personally have used SoV pretty regularly on boss mobs, and have been able to keep it up pretty easily, and have noticed an increase in my threat over SoR. Maybe it's all in my head. Thoughts?

I'll have to check that out. I've been fooling around a bit on the PTR, but never noticed that, been PvPing lol. But, now I will check that out next time I'm on.
cyndeace

Postby adese » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:17 am

cyndeace wrote:
Holyfield wrote:I was reading the PTR patch notes for pallies, and Vengeance seems to be getting a bit of a buff next patch. "Seal of Vengeance duration increased to 15 seconds. In addition, when Seal of Vengeance strikes a target that already has 5 applications you will cause instant Holy damage."

I'll have to check that out. I've been fooling around a bit on the PTR, but never noticed that, been PvPing lol. But, now I will check that out next time I'm on.

When the 2.2 PTR patch notes were first released, someone here tested it out, and found that the changes to SoV weren't that great - the holy damage done when SoV procs with a full stack was something like 5-10 damage (and 2% spell damage coefficient, or something rather low at least).
adese

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents