Curator OT

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby gummyrabbit » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:02 am

Depending on the level of gear of the raid, Curator can be done without an OT. I've done Curator (as a holy priest) without an offtank and I usually ended up taking the hateful bolts for the entire fight and I had no arcane resist gear on. I just heal myself through it. Holy priest agro...ftw!!!
gummyrabbit

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:21 am

gummyrabbit wrote:Depending on the level of gear of the raid, Curator can be done without an OT. I've done Curator (as a holy priest) without an offtank and I usually ended up taking the hateful bolts for the entire fight and I had no arcane resist gear on. I just heal myself through it. Holy priest agro...ftw!!!
Nerf prayer of healing? :p
Global threat is op.

You guys new to curator will start to love it when your raid beats him into enrage before the first evocation is over...and the warrior tank lost aggro.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Stilgarr » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:38 am

[quote="solina The other.. has a complete FSW set, but ends up healing most of the time due to lack of other healer options.
[/quote]

Have the one not in the FSW set off heal.

FSW has tossall +healing on it and so your wasting some huge mana regen and solid dps on Curator.

(btw for shit and giggles if Curator is about to die, ask the SP to use SW:D on the evocation, then sit back and listen on Vent / TS ) :)

If the FSW SP has aggro issues (unlikley but dont know about the tank), get them to spec out of imp VE and all will be fine.

For the other SP, make sure they get this list sorted sharpish to make your life easier:-

1. FSW set complete (beg, borrow, steal cloth cooldowns if needed)
2. Spellstrike set (set bonus helps)
3. Attumens / Badge Gloves
4. Karazhan Bracers, forgot the name but the drop b4 Curator
Stilgarr

Postby solina » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:05 am

Stilgarr wrote:If the FSW SP has aggro issues (unlikley but dont know about the tank), get them to spec out of imp VE and all will be fine.

I'm the tank :)

I don't normally have aggro issues.. last run I had zero threat help from group composition (the only thing I could have possibly done is grab the Enhance shammy and make him drop Wrath of Air .. nah, let him help with dps/threat in melee group) and it was a more challenging run than usual, but still not much of an issue. And I can't imagine having a threat issue on Curator..

Stilgarr wrote:
For the other SP, make sure they get this list sorted sharpish to make your life easier:-

1. FSW set complete (beg, borrow, steal cloth cooldowns if needed)
2. Spellstrike set (set bonus helps)
3. Attumens / Badge Gloves
4. Karazhan Bracers, forgot the name but the drop b4 Curator

She's working on it... halfway through FSW now, got the gloves, got the bracers. No spellstrike yet.

She also has healing gear good enough for Ramparts. Normal. So I'm not asking her to heal Curator :) But she got up to ~8k HP, so I made her Arcane Bolt absorber, and it worked well enough.
solina

Postby Dendrah » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:21 am

solina wrote:the only thing I could have possibly done is grab the Enhance shammy and make him drop Wrath of Air ..

I really would like to see you force a WoA out of an enha shammy...

A GoA you can get but a WoA...
Dendrah

Postby Stilgarr » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:51 am

If the spellstrike is being a pain they can always go for the Battlecast set. More Stam on it but the bonus aint as good imo.

damn some slap the SP out of me, I'm a ruddy Prot Pally now ;) meh old habits die hard i guess.
Stilgarr

Postby solina » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:30 am

Dendrah wrote:
solina wrote:the only thing I could have possibly done is grab the Enhance shammy and make him drop Wrath of Air ..

I really would like to see you force a WoA out of an enha shammy...

A GoA you can get but a WoA...

He has half an elemental set.. and wants to try it some time..

.. and I wasn't interested in the grace of air. I'm getting mana starved on Moroes and such already, without even more dodge being in the equation.

So yeah, no threat boosters. I ended up with a harom of 4 priests in my group.. the other group was enh sham / feral drood / dps war / rogue / hunter.
solina

Previous

Return to Karazhan