Remove Advertisements

I gots Crushed

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

I gots Crushed

Postby Fenira » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:25 am

As i was in Karazhan today and was doing Prince, I was reading my combat log while tanking him and! i noticed... 3000 (Crushed) :O Yes. I'm very shocked. My Defense is 502 >_< my avoidance with Holy Shield up is 106.15936464122 but i still managed to get crushed, I'm now kinda confused on a little couple thingys. Am I doing something wrong? is my avoidance to low still? From what I've researched my stats should be okay. Ugh please help :?
Fenira

Postby ulushnar » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:58 am

If you get hit in the brief moment between holy shield ending and you refreshing it then you can be crushed.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:00 am

Latency + phase 2 means there is a 0.5-1s pause between holy shields where you can get crushed. With very fast fingers and low latency you theoretically can not get crushed but in phase2 he hits so fast that there are quite a few moments where you can potentially be crushed with bad luck

It happens, his a fast hitting boss and the "bad time" can come just try to be faster with pressing HS next time :)
Seloei

Postby Fenira » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:07 am

Okay, good :D I do have bad latency, Wireless, plus bad internet company and brother and nephew online playing WoW at the same time makes it around 300'sh or more. Oh, one quick question ^-^ Kinda silly, but I'm in the safe area for avoidance? Defense, etc etc? :D
Fenira

Postby Seloei » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:16 am

once you are past 102.4% start moving block rating into either defense or dodge and if you have any pure +defense/dodge/parry gems change them to stamina.

Uncritable -> get uncrushable -> move excess block to stamina/avoidance.
Seloei

Postby Sarutankah » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:15 pm

I was going through the recount summaries after the first few bosses in Kara (up to and including big bad wolf), looked at mine – oh, crushed two times, but oh well – with 500ms average lag that’s gonna happen every so often. Then clicked on warrior…

Now, I tanked Midnight and Attumen at the same time (warrior kept swearing cos he couldn’t pull horse off me after avengers :P) so it not like he fought more than one boss at a time, I also left him to tank BBW while I spammed heals on riding hood (we have a few laggy New Zealanders like myself in group) but…

He got crushed 44 times.

Anyone give me a decent reason for that? I thought warriors were much easier to get uncrush? I don’t even think I’m fully uncrush – palatank/tankadin show me as .8% in the green for uncrush, does that include the extra 2.4% for level 73 bosses?
Sarutankah

Postby Fivelives » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:32 am

Improved Shield Block is 2 charges over 5 seconds, Improved Holy Shield is 8 charges over 10 seconds. If a warrior gets hit more than 2 times in 5 seconds, they're open to crushes until ISB is up again. Prince in p2 is going to hit you more than 2 times in 5 seconds.
Fivelives

Postby UMIO » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:36 am

with getting crushed, if ur uncrushable and your casting AS for say will you get crushed or can u still block/dodge/parry etc. i was doing prince today and whenever i would cast AS my health would nose dive
UMIO

Postby Ghort » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:09 am

UMIO wrote:with getting crushed, if ur uncrushable and your casting AS for say will you get crushed or can u still block/dodge/parry etc. i was doing prince today and whenever i would cast AS my health would nose dive

You'll get crushed... when casting, you lose your avoidance
80 Paladin (Prot) - Azual
80 Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Madarab
80 Mage (Arcane/Frost pvp) Arlensul
80 DK (Blood Tank) Deadkitten
80 Priest (holy/disc) - Ghort
5/12 ICC 10

Runetotem Server, Fifth Column
Ghort

Postby Gerome » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:15 am

Ghort wrote:
UMIO wrote:with getting crushed, if ur uncrushable and your casting AS for say will you get crushed or can u still block/dodge/parry etc. i was doing prince today and whenever i would cast AS my health would nose dive

... So that explains it... I didn't know that. Thanks for verifying this. = D
Gerome- Level 70 Dwarf Paladin -Maelstrom US
Angry Dwarf with a Blue Rage Bar!!!
RAWR!!!!!!
Gerome

Postby Ghort » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:53 am

Gerome wrote:
Ghort wrote:

ya np, thats why AS is only really for pulling or getting a mob back on you thats running towards you DPS....

tho i guess if you need the mana.... :D
80 Paladin (Prot) - Azual
80 Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Madarab
80 Mage (Arcane/Frost pvp) Arlensul
80 DK (Blood Tank) Deadkitten
80 Priest (holy/disc) - Ghort
5/12 ICC 10

Runetotem Server, Fifth Column
Ghort

Postby Arnock » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:54 pm

Ghort wrote:
Gerome wrote:
Ghort wrote:

ya np, thats why AS is only really for pulling or getting a mob back on you thats running towards you DPS....

tho i guess if you need the mana.... :D

sometimes i find myself casting rank 1 FoL on myself when needing mana =/
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Seloei » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:08 am

Casting a non-instacast spell reduced all your avoidance except miss, that pushes crushes back on the table and you can get crushed in that short time.

However... HOW IS IT POSSIBLE to get 44 crushing blows on BBW? His chasing the gnome around for more than half of the fight and he does not hit fast so even if you are a blue war, you can keep shield block up.
Seloei

Postby Colette » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:22 am

Latency's a bitch.
Colette

Postby Hoops » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:08 am

Colette wrote:Image

Latency's a bitch.

Sucks :(
Hoops

Next

Return to Karazhan