PvP trinket and conflag at the Eredar Twins

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Mithos » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:55 pm

Had a lot more tries on them tonight, getting there for sure. I'm keeping my PvP trinket on and burning AW instantly (one try I also ate the first 2 conflags which sucked :\). Confound + Conflag sucks so hard, happened to us a good few times tonight and once last night, really crappy. I have just trained the melee to run out if the current tank has conflag so he can eat and remove it safely, and stay if the other tank gets conflag, although they need to be aware for possibility of the confounded tank getting a conflag (is that even possible? didn't see if it happened to me).
Mithos

Postby DJSticky » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:01 am

For what it's worth I don't use my pvp trinket in this fight.

I've dodge whored it and wear pocketwatch + SMI.

I'm specced 0/40/21 so I don't need to burn AW early and most of the time I don't need to use it at all. She hits very quick eating a lot of HS damage and is Exoable, amazing threat gen.

The only time I remove a conflag is if the confounding timer is < conflag duration.
DJSticky

Postby Lieris » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:06 pm

I tanked it today and I tried a number of trinket combinations before settling on Moroes + Shadowmoon Insignia. I am the second tank and I don't find that I need to use Avenging Wrath to stay second on aggro. Sanctity Aura ftw here.

edit: so pretty much what DJSticky said! :P
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Afraithe » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:07 am

Getting 2 hits right after Conf blow is nice, happend to us a few times now. Thats something like 20k-22k damage, without crushings.

Anyway, I found that if tanks stay high enough on threat, we never get Conflag, I ONLY get conflag if I screw up the first threat rotation.
Afraithe

Postby Elexis » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:18 am

Ye thats another cute random thing that can happen.
Elexis

Postby Katamai » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:13 am

I use the PvP trinket just as a fail-safe since we were "lucky" to have tanks hit with conflag more than once followed by confounding on the MT which would almost always result in a wipe.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Previous

Return to Sunwell Plateau