WTB Geddon Strat

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

WTB Geddon Strat

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:20 am

So Got bindings off of Garr. WTB a geddon strat. Someone had said that you could have resto druids and you ret. in fire resist gear...

Where do you fight him.

How do you pull him without lava packs?

What abou the core hound in that tunnel? Do you stay in for hell fire?

Can I just stay prot in illidan flame tank gear. Have 2 boomkins and a resto druid with me and kill....
Lowgrus

Re: WTB Geddon Strat

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:55 am

Lowgrus wrote:So Got bindings off of Garr.

!@#$%

I may develop a strategy once I get my bindings from Garr. However, last I heard, the way to do it is with a Ret paladin and Resto shaman. Why? I don't know. The way I see it, there's two things that suck about the encounter:

Fire damage on melee, can't be blocked (like Hydross) that crushes (not like Hydross).
The bomb's damage.

The only other aspects to the fight, Ignite Mana (which should be cleansed off quickly, GG) and Inferno (could have most damage taken away by either moving while tanking or just getting out of the way quickly) shouldn't cause a problem. So, in theory, the best thing would be full FR gear, since that will mitigate some of the Living Bomb damage, and help on melee hits.

But at the same time, there's NO way a Paladin can solo this that way. You won't resist enough that you can heal through the rest. It MIGHT even be too tough for one healer. So, the only way to (maybe) pull it off, would be to stack as much avoidance as possible, like the "untouchable" rogue we keep seeing videos from. Even in the best gear I could find, though, I couldn't get a set with more than 85% dodge + miss + parry (can't just stack agility like the rogue).

It'd be tough to find a strategy for it, but those are my thoughts so far.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby kolori » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:00 am

I'm the one who first spoke of 2-manning Geddon with Retpaladin in FR gear, and restodruid healing me. Yes we did it, and it was easy.

The gearsetup I used was in short description: All badge FR loots, Tempest Keep attunement ring, Onyxia FR trinket, SMV questchain FR neck, that put me effectively at 375 FR with an aura. Rest slots filled with BT / SWP DPS gear. 5/11/45 specced.

The druid had a restokin pvp spec with T4/5 quality gear. So its no big deal to heal.

How do you go there? Exactly the same way as going to garr, but turn left into the hallway wheres a dog. There you will also kill Geddon, the normal place for many guilds who did it pre TBC.

The dog in the tunnel is usually the kind of a dog that puts -50% spirit and -50% intellect debuff on you and lasts 15mins, this is why the healer is best as a druid, as he can decurse it right away. If you wait the 15min off, then the dog will respawn mid fight and you might wipe.

As soon as the dog has died, equip your FR gear and go forwards where you see Shazzrah and Geddon patrolling fast on his route. Let your druid do the pulling with a moonfire, when hes going between the two mob packs directly infront of you. Once Geddon has been succesfully pulled, hit him so you get aggro, and drag him back to the hallway.

In the hallway judge wisdom on geddon, and start dps'ing him. The druid keeps you both alive easily. Make a macro that dispels ignite mana from the druid asap when he gets it, for example: ( /cast [target=Druidname, help] Cleanse ). You will get ignite mana rarely, as its fire and youre wearing capped FR, but you will get it sometimes.

When Geddon reaches 2%, he comes a bomb that explodes alot, it can kill you if youre unlucky, so save your bubble for that moment, he doesnt move during the explosion so your druid is safe from him.

Geddon should be dead by now, my fight lasts around 25mins but im wearing quite good DPS gear that I understand isnt there for everyones to get. This is why you might want to bring another DPS with you, and make sure its ranged because you cant effectively be on the meleerange all times.

Reason for the third DPS is that if the fight lasts too long, the hallway dog might respawn and wipe you.

Hope you find this helpful :)
kolori

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:12 am

There ya go. Thanks, kolori.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:14 am

If you take an extra DPS, a hunter with Hawk Eye talent (SV tree) should be able to (usually) outrange the mana burn, if they're extremely careful. Fire resistance for pets, plus MotW + Aura, with mend pet and good pet management, mean that the pet should be alive to nip at his heals much of the fight as well.
Kelaan

Postby Lawa » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:22 pm

Ok, I just killed it with resto drood, no bindings but its doable 2 man. Drood was 13/11/37 T4, me 0/51/10 (full prot) with 375FR and rest I was in full prot gear T6 quality. Fight was long 55 mins, we had around 55% og Geddon dog respawn in hallway, so I just focused and killed dog and then move back on Geddon, we had respawn dog on 4% of Geddon, but I killed boss 1st, then dog. Next week we coming 3 man, gona bring hunter :P

I may develop a strategy once I get my bindings from Garr

Just go and kill Garr + Geddon, its a waste of reset if you dont kill both at same time imo. And guide could be same + go into wallhall, kill dog, get FR gear, agro Geddon, kill, loot :lol:

ps.

ps2. drood was very happy with loot :lol:

why?
Lawa

Postby Lowgrus » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:31 am

I was really worred about that pulling him but your right. Its lame as hell. Killing just garr, plus having more dps makes it go faster. I have a slew of druids who want to go with me usually anyways. So I think I'll just bring a kitty,boomkin, resto druid, since they can all stealth. Up my odds of gettings some bindings and that way I dont ahve to respec ret :D.
Lowgrus

Postby Dendrah » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:46 am

A kitty druid? Why? 5% white crits? DPS?

Imho better take a ranged DPS. You can't stealth either so your DPS'er can just stay with you and do the same things you do.
Dendrah

Postby Lowgrus » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:55 am

Dendrah wrote:A kitty druid? Why? 5% white crits? DPS?

Imho better take a ranged DPS. You can't stealth either so your DPS'er can just stay with you and do the same things you do.

becuase i want to farm less invisisbility pots. Killing Geddon every week will take me 3 invis pots. Plus classes that can't stealth will possibly fail it took me awhile to figure out path and when to use invis pots and such. Just ezier to bring class that stealth.
Lowgrus

Postby Dendrah » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:00 am

Another boomkin?

Ventrillo is a great tool for teaching people stuff :)
Dendrah

Postby Vash » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:22 am

Could someone tell me what the minimum quality of ret or prot gear needed for this is? As I haven't got the access y'all do
Vash

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:15 am

Lawa wrote:
I may develop a strategy once I get my bindings from Garr

Just go and kill Garr + Geddon, its a waste of reset if you dont kill both at same time imo.

I wasn't clear, but I already have Geddon's bindings.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Lawa » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:09 pm

moduspwnens wrote:I wasn't clear, but I already have Geddon's bindings.

Oh, nice, gogog, 3 days till reset 8)

Imo 7 days is long, gib 3 days reset for pre-tbc instances :twisted:
why?
Lawa

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:00 pm

Lawa wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:I wasn't clear, but I already have Geddon's bindings.

Oh, nice, gogog, 3 days till reset 8)

Imo 7 days is long, gib 3 days reset for pre-tbc instances :twisted:

I just hope that they don't change tanking mechanics TOO much for WotLK if I don't get my binding before it hits. If I have to beg friends, I won't be as likely to get it done.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Seloei » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:11 pm

after wotlk hits the "crushing table" will be bumped up to 80 and the gear you have will be useless, and will take (even if they dont change it) atleast a few months to get the items again to get passive uncrushable.
Thats assuming... you are going to get wotlk and start leveling up. If you stick to 70 nothing will change.
Seloei

Next

Return to General Strats