S2 shield

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

S2 shield

Postby fizikz » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:14 am

going to get a merc shield, wondering which one to buy. basically comes down to 20 stam (which i could really use for the moment) and some extra useless resil vs 33 SD and 19 int... currently at 12.6k hp without kings and 337 SD
Sexual Harassment is the new Purple.
-Vanifae
fizikz

Postby Seloei » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:33 am

Get both? their for honor which isn't that hard to acquire after the new repeatable quest.

As everything else, it boils down to "which do you need most". Is your dps threatcapped that you need extra SD everywhere you can get? Do you need more EH to help out the healers instead?
Seloei

Postby argentevenin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:49 am

get both :>
im considering S2 shield for aoe gear atm since the ZA seems to have stopped dropping (26 downs no tanking shield -.-)
and a spell damage shields always nice to have just incase :D
ssc: 6/6 TK: 4/4 BT: 6/9 MH: 5/5
R.I.P the firm :<
argentevenin

lol

Postby Mavrix » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:57 am

Collect 'em all!

Seriously, it's guaranteed loot if you put in the time. Get anything you think you need/want. It's worth the effort put in since it's pretty much just time spent.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Kelthraz » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:36 pm

If your anything like me in terms of laziness, get the pure stam one and get the SSO for threat, the block rating on that is divine :3

KZ 11/11, ZA 6/6, TK 1/4, SSC 0/6, MH 4/5, BT 4/9
Kelthraz

Postby Chard » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:49 pm

Is it worth the honor grind for the S2 shields over the SSO ones?

And I already know the answer I think... ugh I have PvP :lol:
Chard

Re: lol

Postby Chevalier » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:00 pm

Mavrix wrote:Collect 'em all!

Seriously, it's guaranteed loot if you put in the time. Get anything you think you need/want. It's worth the effort put in since it's pretty much just time spent.

ALL loot is based on time spent.
Chevalier

Postby Mavrix » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:31 am

Chevalier wrote:

Random loot is random. See also "Nihilum+Glaive".

I see a lot of warriors and prot pallies running around with their SSO shields these days. That was great and maybe the best they could do previously, but now that S2 gear is available for honor I don't see any excuse not to pick up the S2 shields. Part of doing our job as tanks is making sure we have the best gear we can get. I suppose if you're stuck scraping by trying to stay uncrushable and need the block rating on the SSO shield that might be an excuse not to get an S2 one, but surely you can get the stats you need elsewhere with some effort (e.g. badge gear upgrades or other sources).
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby rodos » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:08 pm

Mavrix wrote:I see a lot of warriors and prot pallies running around with their SSO shields these days. That was great and maybe the best they could do previously, but now that S2 gear is available for honor I don't see any excuse not to pick up the S2 shields. Part of doing our job as tanks is making sure we have the best gear we can get. I suppose if you're stuck scraping by trying to stay uncrushable and need the block rating on the SSO shield that might be an excuse not to get an S2 one, but surely you can get the stats you need elsewhere with some effort (e.g. badge gear upgrades or other sources).

I'm really hurting on uncrushability at the moment (largely through not having decent shoulders, and being a bit loath to lose stamina). The only way to get the S2 shield into my boss set would be with the block raing enchant, so the stam comes out about the same as SSO shield. Still, it's worth grinding out -- nearly 1k armor will make a difference against the hard hitting bosses.

That said, where goes the S1 shield after S2 is acquired? Vendor, or re-enchant?
rodos

Postby Aerfalle » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:14 pm

Mavrix wrote:
Chevalier wrote:

Random loot is random. See also "Nihilum+Glaive".

I see a lot of warriors and prot pallies running around with their SSO shields these days. That was great and maybe the best they could do previously, but now that S2 gear is available for honor I don't see any excuse not to pick up the S2 shields. Part of doing our job as tanks is making sure we have the best gear we can get. I suppose if you're stuck scraping by trying to stay uncrushable and need the block rating on the SSO shield that might be an excuse not to get an S2 one, but surely you can get the stats you need elsewhere with some effort (e.g. badge gear upgrades or other sources).

I totally agree that it's our job to get the best gear we can get, and I put a lot of effort into that, personally.

However, I disagree with your logic here. The S2 shields are nice, as are the SSO shields and the ZA shield. But S2 is by no means the obvious upgrade to SSO that you make it out to be. SSO has some excellent, appropriate stats for us, and discounting that is a little unfair.

I'm in full badge gear and by no means scraping for uncrushable. Once you've been uncrushable for a long time and aren't worried about dying, your attention turns to threat. One of my goals is to be uncrushable without the badge libram and without gimping my spell damage. The SSO shield is perfect for that.
Aerfalle

Postby Skwigelf » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:37 am

Currently have both SSO Shields.

Pure Tanking one has +18 stam
Spell Damage one has no enchant currently
Mainhand is Gladiator's Gavel with +40 Spell Damage.

What would be the best upgrade:

Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall, Merciless Gladiator's Barrier, or Merciless Gladiator's Gavel?

With the shields I am 0.41% away from uncrushable which can be easily made up by not being a cheap arse and getting my Slikk's Cloak enchanted with either dodge or defense.

So with that in mind...Shield Wall+18 Stam, Barrier+18 Stam, or Gavel+40 SD?
Skwigelf

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice