How painful is Kaz'rogal?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby nicolax » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 pm

i tanked him for all of our guild kills, no problem, has always been a 1-shoot since the first kill.

use the bt neck, prayer of shadow protection, go all out at the start.
i blew up a few times on our first kills, causing some melee dps deaths but it doesn't happen anymore :) threat is a non-issue, judge wisdom, use mana pots.

and yes you may want to get crushed sometimes to get some mana back :wink:
nicolax

Postby Kellann » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:51 pm

Enjoyed tanking this boss. We'd had our warrior take the job for the first kill, and it was a near-run thing (he's a bit more avoidance built while I'm a bit more EH).

The biggest difference was all the DPS being able to go balls-out, where they complained that the frequent warstomps were keeping the warrior threat unacceptably low (~80% of his normal)...I'd guess it's consecrate ticking regardless of stun coupled with the fact that he's a demon.

Admittedly I blew up once near the end, running with the 70SR from the priest buff only - but I think it's more that I didn't realize I was out of mana pots >.< Funny thing is my explosion didn't actually kill anyone, it was 2 other melee pallies that did the real damage! (one took me out during a stomp ~3%)
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby sanctifico » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:23 am

Since I've stopped raiding, one of my felow guildmates formed an alliance for raiding MH/BT, and I got the unfortinate position of raid leader / MT (since im the only tank who has been there before in the two guilds)
It was a patched together raid, with t4/badge geared healers, and pish posh dps, but fortunatly about 10 members outgeared the place, so we pulled through.

Rage/ Anetheron/ Azlagor (lacked dps 15% @ enrage :( ), are nothing new too me, ive done them before, but Kaz, im usually judging wisdom in max shadow res.

Well we managed (after an enhancement shaman nuked all the melee + me on the first attempt). 0 Shadow res (priest forgot to buff group one), just unloaded in my threat gear, and kept going. The shaman killed the melee again at 10% and a couple of mages/hunters killed most of the raid at 5%, but my imbah tank dps + Loh was sufficient to take down the last 2% with the last two dps & one healer ( <3 Commendation of Kael'thass + AD. )

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:13 am

I literally do just go afk in a corner for this fight, however was thinking in my threat set I could push crazy threat esp as 0/40/21, and still take enough damage to keep my mana up. However I'm still TERRIFIED to tank this boss.

-20k hp buffed
-20 k armor ( i believe my armory link is in my sig,but not always logging in threat gear.
-700 spell damage
-Still uncrushable.

We are very dps heavy group. We always save bloodlust for melee group but would it be okay to have all the shamans lust even for casters to. probably so in begininng and would be nice damage to burn faster. I am so scared :C
Lowgrus

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:49 am

The damage income is fine. Keep a pot ready in case you go too low and if you're really scared of it just bring a dark rune.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Auroris » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:49 am

Yeah....for this fight I am utterly useless. I never remember my healing gear, so I just go to the little corner in the back by the towers, and go afk. >_> This Thursday was our first attempt, heres what happened.

1st attempt - 27%
2nd attempt - 6%
3rd Attempt - 3%

--2nd and 3rd include tauren warriors.

What went wrong? -- Mages, warlocks, and "shaman enha" blew up everyone. -.- Pissed off Me and the MT.
Auroris

Postby Novariety » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:11 pm

xormik wrote:What went wrong? -- Mages, warlocks, and "shaman enha" blew up everyone. -.- Pissed off Me and the MT.

warlocks with their /wrist ability should never blow up :(. I suppose you could say the same with mages with their stones.

I always throw on my healing gear and go and melee and keep wisdom up throwing heals where needed.

Amazing what a little shadow resistance gear does tho.
Novariety

Postby kensanity » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:36 pm

I went with a pug group for hyjal yesterday and we one shotted everything and stopped on archimonde. The only sr group had was from priest. Also shadow priests on healing group helps a lot. Really I don't understand how mana users (aside from pally tanks) are going oom and blowing up the raid. Pot whenever the debuff happens, life tap, bubble etc, pop shadowfiend there is no reason to go oom. And if u would, just stay away from others. On our try we did have a warrior tanking though and I assume it would have been pretty rough to tank this boss as a pally if u could not guarantee a steady stream of mana received from constant healing. Kazrogal imo, is the easiest fight in all of hyjal. Trash included.

Just a little side note, for azgalor I'm kinda glad a warrior maintanked while the pally tanks were in charge of picking up the doom spawn things. That silence sucks and I don't know if is casted on tank as well but if so gg for us pallies
kensanity

Previous

Return to Mt. Hyjal