Remove Advertisements

Bear Run Speed Competition

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:42 am

Its honestly more of a waste of time/mana skipping those. Due to the fact that you can't mount in water with water walking.

I finish it with about 10-13 mintues every 3 days, would be faster if they'd give my group the damn feral druid :C. As soon as you jump through window mount up until you run into the crocs. Kill them.

Then w8 for the beast tamer pack trust me its worth w8ting for. DO NOT USE AN OFF TANK ON THESE. tank them both and you dont have to worry about getting mind controlled.

Off tank mounts up. runs and aggros all 3 lynx pats. I dont even think you hve to BoP him but I always do to be safe.

I pop wings and concecrate healers stand behind me.

then i mount up and run foward saves so much time. Those things have a lot of hp.
Lowgrus

Postby Ryuusuke » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:03 am

10-13 minutes is pretty neat!
Skipping the pat - when she is on her way BACK (running towards you) - DOES safe time! It costs 10 seconds running through the water. 2-3 Times to kill the pat. It are just seconds, whoever it is, what it is ^^

Though, if you're easily doing the 4 chest run, you can do the pat - which actually is a little safer in the end. It won't hurt you, so...

I'm @ 6-10 Minutes left on timer - depending on the setup and we DO skip the pat nearly every time.
Ryuusuke

Postby Seloei » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:14 am

We've got 8-12 minutes left on the clock also, and we have stopped skipping most pats also but the croc pat we avoid by swimming just around him, you don't need to swim the whole way just around him. The only time we kill him is if he just arrived back at start or is close to start and moving back.

Also, instead of window hopping consider just jumping near the ledge of HLM. Hard to describe, but you can drop down on the other side of the "wall ruins" without agroing the lynxes on the other side of it. The only pack you have to kill is the one with 8-10 hidden lynxes and 2 tamers, much easier than hoping noone screws up hopping (on the ledge, through the window) or pulls the walking pat. Overall it's quicker than going around for window hops.
Seloei

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:16 am

Seloei wrote:We've got 8-12 minutes left on the clock also, and we have stopped skipping most pats also but the croc pat we avoid by swimming just around him, you don't need to swim the whole way just around him. The only time we kill him is if he just arrived back at start or is close to start and moving back.

Also, instead of window hopping consider just jumping near the ledge of HLM. Hard to describe, but you can drop down on the other side of the "wall ruins" without agroing the lynxes on the other side of it. The only pack you have to kill is the one with 8-10 hidden lynxes and 2 tamers, much easier than hoping noone screws up hopping (on the ledge, through the window) or pulls the walking pat. Overall it's quicker than going around for window hops.

Anyone else completely and utterly confused? And what is HLM?
Lowgrus

Postby Groccus » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:45 am

Hex Lord Malacrass (sp?)
Groccus

Postby Seloei » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:09 am

The stairs that lead up from the basin towards Hex Lord Malacrass, go up of those where later 2 amani berserks will spawn.
Look towards the lynx boss trash and you see a wall on the right hand side.
Go as close as you can to the "hex lord side" of it, and jump down there, you will fall on the other side of the wall (not the side with the lynxes).
You just avoided both the big lynx with sleeping small ones, the walking 4 pat and only have the 2 tamers + invisible lynxes to deal with.
If you fail at jumping through it, sleep the big lynx and hug the wall on the "entrance side of the wall" and then go up and behind that same wall.

As i said, it's hard to describe but you can see the place as soon as you reach it.
Seloei

Postby Ryuusuke » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:38 am

Yes, this is a pretty good solution i came up with some time earlier, too. However reducing aggro-range of the big lynx isn't the best idea, since there is the 2x2-pat walking there and people like to not watch their own surroundings ^^

As for jumping onto the other side, i've never actually tried it - will try today ;)
Because this WILL safe time on our hand due to us killing the FlameTamer-Pat in center when going the window path...
When doing the stair-jump we can most likely avoid them
Ryuusuke

Postby Saintsabbat » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:48 am

We do it with following group:

Prot Paladin
Feral Druid/Prot Warrior
Resto Druid
Resto Shaman
Shadow Priest
Fire Mage
Destro Warlock
BM Hunter
BM hunter
Enhance Shaman

Best time is 7.5 minutes left on timer. About half players have 1/8 T6, rest none. We kill the bosses in 2.5 minutes and do the hut hopping strat. Kill order is: Eagle, Bear, Dragonhawk, Lynx.

Only scary time is when the 2nd side of eggs all hatch at 35%, first time it happened was pretty intimidating as I got teleported at the same time!
Proud GM, RL and MT of <Cataclysm> Bronze Dragonflight 5/5 MH, 9/9 BT.
Saintsabbat

Postby Ryuusuke » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:39 am

popping one side is pretty easily counterable!
Just let a mage frostnova the same after you've put your consecration down - aggro on you is guaranteed, then
Ryuusuke

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:40 am

Ryuusuke wrote:Yes, this is a pretty good solution i came up with some time earlier, too. However reducing aggro-range of the big lynx isn't the best idea, since there is the 2x2-pat walking there and people like to not watch their own surroundings ^^

As for jumping onto the other side, i've never actually tried it - will try today ;)
Because this WILL safe time on our hand due to us killing the FlameTamer-Pat in center when going the window path...
When doing the stair-jump we can most likely avoid them

If your pulling the flamecaster-tamer pat in your bear run your doing something wrong.... going through the window you go down near the bridge and then go up that little hill. pull the pack of lynx.

drink up while the 2 beast tamer, 2 link pat goes away then jump through the window.
Lowgrus

Postby Seloei » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:42 pm

tried jumping through the window while being mounted on a bear. Didn't work at all... as soon as i unmounted was possible to get through.

Frankly, theres multiple ways of doing things and each works. We don't bother with skipping any pats lately and just nuke em. Still have 8 minutes to spare.

As for skipping the flame/tamer pat, you can avoid them by hugging the HLM side of the stairs. Just hug that side, go to the stairs, mount up (if you plan on window hopping) and wait for them to either path to the hawk side or down the path.
Seloei

Previous

Return to Zul'aman