Felmyst

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Splug » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:49 am

Morganim wrote:Splug i went in last night and was taking 14-15k hit during corrosion.
I know for a couple things that
1) DPS warrior WAS using demo shout, not sure about TC
2) i didnt have a priest or shammy for 25% armor.
3) No imp or com shut as well sucks.

i sat at around 23k armor, with ironshields and 21,800 hp fully buffed without the imp or shout.

but would insipriation really reduce another 2k or so off the incoming hits during corrsion, if so im going to have to get our healing assignments changed.

http://wowwebstats.com/hd2kpgkkxeric?s=240134-274818
According to last night's attempts, the highest physical hit I took was for 11540. There are zero instances of Inspiration or Ancestral Fortitude. I was low on ironshields so I only used on on the second to last landing. Defensive stance vs IRF doesn't come close to accounting for 14k vs 11.5k. I'd say double check that you're not getting owned by CoReck while your damage warriors are sleeping on demo (or don't have 5/5 imp demo). I also tanked for a few seconds during enrage with shield wall up, though I think that her enrage/shield wall damage is lower than corrosion damage so that shouldn't have polluted the "high end" hit.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
User avatar
Splug
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am

Postby Morganim » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:38 am

GAH

i think you just nailed it on the head.

Ill be 50 bucks that there was a curse of reck up for some reason, ill make sure there not doing it next time :D
Morganim
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Postby Lucit » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:01 am

Morganim wrote:GAH

i think you just nailed it on the head.

Ill be 50 bucks that there was a curse of reck up for some reason, ill make sure there not doing it next time :D


If there's a warlock in the raid, CoR will be up. Just need demo shout.
Lucit
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Postby Splug » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:00 pm

Lucit wrote:
Morganim wrote:GAH

i think you just nailed it on the head.

Ill be 50 bucks that there was a curse of reck up for some reason, ill make sure there not doing it next time :D


If there's a warlock in the raid, CoR will be up. Just need demo shout.
Close - need a warrior at 5/5 improved demo shout putting it up. If Morganim has some warriors with either oddball 0/5 builds (or 2/5 builds that assume no CoR) then that needs to be taken into account, and fixed either via a respec or removing CoR. And for the record, both arms and fury will lose more personal damage just by not having CoR than they could possibly have gotten out of Unbridled Wrath. ;)

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
User avatar
Splug
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am

Postby Lucit » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:47 pm

Splug wrote:Close - need a warrior at 5/5 improved demo shout putting it up. If Morganim has some warriors with either oddball 0/5 builds (or 2/5 builds that assume no CoR) then that needs to be taken into account, and fixed either via a respec or removing CoR. And for the record, both arms and fury will lose more personal damage just by not having CoR than they could possibly have gotten out of Unbridled Wrath. ;)


I know, didn't think the detail was necessary. 'Sunwell Plateau' forum should imply that warriors have a clue about how to spec for raiding. :P

Guess I should modify my sig to note my two level 70 warrior alts. :twisted:
Lucit
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Postby Splug » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:48 pm

2/5 builds are fairly common, and justifiable in guilds that are mostly magic damage (ie: don't use CoR). But yeah - that kind of class distribution is unlikely to get through Brutallus' enrage timer cleanly, so I guess it's a moot point in Sunwell. Though based on Morganim's post it sounded like that may be exactly the problem...

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
User avatar
Splug
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am

Postby Morganim » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:10 am

TBH
im 100% sure there was a curse of reck up
im not 100% sure if the warrior was using demo and TC, it was the first time we have run felmyst without our normal prot war.

this week ill either make sure the dps war is using demo and possibly not get reck up just to see how it goes
Morganim
 
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Postby Splug » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:08 am

If the warrior is spec'd correctly, CoR is almost completely countered - I wouldn't worry about having it active if your warriors are on the ball.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
User avatar
Splug
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am

Postby Arquine » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:36 pm

question for Worldie and others of similar spec. If you check me atm, I'll probably still be in my Felmyst spec.

I've tried the conventional spec versus the 40/21 spec and haven't found a massive difference by using sanc aura versus retri aura for the adds tanking. Do you think I should stick with retribution aura and go as deep as PoJ only for Felmyst?
Arquine
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:58 am

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:11 am

Sactity Aura is far superior to pick adds, expecially to get the ones that are going for healers, where your retribution aura would do nothing to pick em.

I've tried the usual 46/15 spec as well, but i didn't really find a single moment to cast Avenger Shield at all. Plus AD is quite useless since you don't really ever go below 35% hp...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13419
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:18 am

Maintanked him yesterday in my current Gear...
Though i must admin, i don't really wanna do this again xD Things are getting so fucking close, this is serious buisiness.
I mean, my TPS was pretty neat, somewhere around 1500-1600 (constant - start peaks are way higher ^^) though im barely able to survive corossion+cleave combos...
I got Commanding Shout and Used Seeds / SMI every corossion possible, so i was around 24.5k if i remember correctly
Though one time was a big deal with a 9k corossion, 14k cleave and 1k nature tick (in about half a second) - if anything would have been on cooldown he would have played instagib with me...


Maybe next ID on wednesday i'll try MTing him with Sanctity Aura ^^ That is, if our MT cannot solve his connection problems until then :ß
Ryuusuke
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:30 pm

Postby DJSticky » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:34 am

Ryuusuke wrote:Maintanked him yesterday in my current Gear...
Though i must admin, i don't really wanna do this again xD Things are getting so fucking close, this is serious buisiness.
I mean, my TPS was pretty neat, somewhere around 1500-1600 (constant - start peaks are way higher ^^) though im barely able to survive corossion+cleave combos...
I got Commanding Shout and Used Seeds / SMI every corossion possible, so i was around 24.5k if i remember correctly
Though one time was a big deal with a 9k corossion, 14k cleave and 1k nature tick (in about half a second) - if anything would have been on cooldown he would have played instagib with me...


Maybe next ID on wednesday i'll try MTing him with Sanctity Aura ^^ That is, if our MT cannot solve his connection problems until then :ß


Nice job =) I tanked her last week with SA, to solve the instagib corrosion issue I wore dbl stam trinkets and max stam gear to make sure I could always survive Corrosion + Cleave + random damage.

I sure missed my 800 spell damage picking up the skeles tho lol ><
Image
DJSticky
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:09 am

Postby Janduin » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:46 am

Question for Lore: Why in your video did you move the skellies back and forth along the North zone parallel to its boundary with the South? At first I thought you were just following the breath guy but then it seemed like you were doing it for some purpose.

Also, we've only had 1 night of attempts so far (got to 2nd phase 2) but does anyone wait until the first few skellies have spawned, Holy Wrath, and then drop a consecrate near the area with the later skeletons? I guess I'm not sold on the idea of blowing an instant cast with 8s CD which I can hit with stuff beating on me when I'm still capable of hitting Holy Wrath instead. Thoughts?
Image
Janduin
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Geneva

Postby Cakes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:52 am

Janduin wrote:Question for Lore: Why in your video did you move the skellies back and forth along the North zone parallel to its boundary with the South? At first I thought you were just following the breath guy but then it seemed like you were doing it for some purpose.

Also, we've only had 1 night of attempts so far (got to 2nd phase 2) but does anyone wait until the first few skellies have spawned, Holy Wrath, and then drop a consecrate near the area with the later skeletons? I guess I'm not sold on the idea of blowing an instant cast with 8s CD which I can hit with stuff beating on me when I'm still capable of hitting Holy Wrath instead. Thoughts?


My guess at the first question is that he's moving away from where Felmyst is in the sky to give himself more time should he need to run north/south. Being farther away from Felmyst gives more time and leeway with running should you have a small hiccup in latency.

Everyone has their own way of picking up the skeletons, and it's vastly dependent on whoever is kiting a beam. Personally, I shield toss the first 3 adds that come out, kite them to a safe spot and holy wrath the next few that come out. This works for the first green beam and is pretty effective at grabbing them all. However, it's much easier to just drop a consecrate at the beginning due to the fact that it has no cast time. I've seen skellies book it for a healer and out of range or a shield toss bounce or holy wrath in the time it took to cast.
Cakes
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:14 pm

Postby LordoftheLeftHand » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:22 am

I've successfully tanked the adds a couple of times (not the dragon lol) with my tier 4 prot paladin alt when our normal paladin doesn't show up.

I use Flask of blinding light, spell damage food, and superior wizard oil for consumables since my spell damage is low.

When Felmyst starts to fly into the air I run north and stand just west of the tree (the meet up point is just south of the tree).

When the first beam spawns I run to the beam and drop a consecrate right at its origins. Sometimes I accidentally enter the vapor left by beam and take some damage, while it isn't a big deal you should try to avoid doing it.

I then run back to my spot at the tree. About this time the second beam will spawn. Normally it is close enough I can get to it very quickly (Swiftness Potion might help here, haven't tried it though) and do the same thing.

Then I run to the meet up point, consecrate again, holy shield, and try to keep as many as possible in front of me. Stratholme Holy Water might work good too (I believe it is on the health stone timer?).

When something goes wrong:

Sometimes the second beam will hit someone very far from the center and running to the starting point of the beam is impossible. This often happens if the same person gets the beam twice. When this happens I run part way to the beam and drop a consecrate between the beam's starting point and the meet up point.

If I get the beam I drop a consecrate and run west. After a few seconds I make a broad U turn and head back to the starting point. This is the reason I don't stand in the meet up point until after the second beam as spawned. No one should stand there as you don't want that vapor being there when people collapse back in.

If someone else gets aggro just taunt/bop them (don't forget to rebuff after bop).

In phase 1 I just keep wisdom up, cast spells when my mana is full, and help cleanse after gas nova.

LLH

PS: Pursuit of Justice is really good here. As you are gonna be doing a lot o' running!
User avatar
LordoftheLeftHand
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:48 am

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest