Remove Advertisements

Best group setup

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Mishdorf » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:19 am

Lowgrus wrote:
Mishdorf wrote:
Levantine wrote:Then don't say "but resto shammys are by far the best healer in the game."

Instead, say that Resto Shaman are the best bet for 5mans and heroics, or something to that effect.

I really find your complaints amusing. You picked up on a quote, took it massively out of context (the whole post only spoke about 5-mans) and ignored the point made directly after it.

I'm sorry if I lingual shortcuts (that should be obvious based on their context) which offend you. :roll:

Still, even in a raid context, all else being equal with a final healing spot to fill and all classes accounted for a raid is more likely to bring a resto shammy/druid than a holy pally or priest.

Duh.

dude you fail at life. obviously i said that about 5 MANS. Learn to read or go hang yourself due to the uselessness you have to society. Prot paladins are the best tanks for 5 mans are and resto shamans are the best healers for 5 mans. hope that cleared it up for you.

Surely that's a misquote since you started insulting me and then proceded to agree with me. Surely you meant to quote Levantine or perhaps Targonis.

Resto shammys are the best 5-man healers. Holy priests are ridiculously good too. Resto druids and Holy pallys are not quite as good but I'm not going to say no if they offer their services and have the skill/gear.

"mana efficiency is for people who aren't tanking enough mobs" - Knaughty
Mishdorf

Re: Is it me or is this all rather pointless

Postby Mishdorf » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:22 am

Marker wrote:
ldeboer wrote:I have had good and bad healers from every class.

I have also had +850 healing bonus healers that are magnificent and +1800 healing bonus healers that simply suck.

To me the player makes the diff not the class.

Perfect setup me tank, 1 good healer, 3 smart dps. Very rare to find it all when you do its heaven.

Of course. but I'm kinda obsessed with speedrunning HCs, since that's about how much of a challenge I can get since I'm unable to raid. That's why I'd like to see what kind of group setup would provide the best group synergies for speedruns. Whatever can shave a couple of minutes off the time. It's kinda given that you have people that can think for themselves and knows their class, even though few pugs provide that for all spots :)

Yeah in a perfect world a min/max group would be:

Prot pally
Lock
Mage
Spriest
Resto shammy

But you can really run most heroics with whatever set up you like, though it may take longer. Best not to run H Shatt halls without a strong AOE setup though :).

"mana efficiency is for people who aren't tanking enough mobs" - Knaughty
Mishdorf

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:12 am

Mishdorf wrote:Yeah in a perfect world a min/max group would be:

Prot pally
Lock
Mage
Spriest
Resto shammy

But you can really run most heroics with whatever set up you like, though it may take longer. Best not to run H Shatt halls without a strong AOE setup though :).

I disagree. My ideal group would look like this:

Yeah, that's seven group members, but just sub them in as necessary.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby guillex » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:20 am

Lowgrus wrote:
Mishdorf wrote:
Levantine wrote:Then don't say "but resto shammys are by far the best healer in the game."

Instead, say that Resto Shaman are the best bet for 5mans and heroics, or something to that effect.

I really find your complaints amusing. You picked up on a quote, took it massively out of context (the whole post only spoke about 5-mans) and ignored the point made directly after it.

I'm sorry if I lingual shortcuts (that should be obvious based on their context) which offend you. :roll:

Still, even in a raid context, all else being equal with a final healing spot to fill and all classes accounted for a raid is more likely to bring a resto shammy/druid than a holy pally or priest.

Duh.

dude you fail at life. obviously i said that about 5 MANS. Learn to read or go hang yourself due to the uselessness you have to society. Prot paladins are the best tanks for 5 mans are and resto shamans are the best healers for 5 mans. hope that cleared it up for you.

Official forums post is for the official forums.

Have some respect and tact.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Kelaan » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:55 am

moduspwnens wrote:I disagree. My ideal group would look like this:

{img}

Yeah, that's seven group members, but just sub them in as necessary.

So that would be ...

Frost mage, warlock, enhancement shaman, Tankadin, hunter (where does he get those wonderful toys?), crazy-hasted rogue, and ret paladin? :D
Kelaan

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:03 am

Yes.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics