Lord Ahune

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Seloei » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:04 am

If your having problems, either grab 2 hunters or a lock. Have the lock seed the big dude and as soon as an add pops, *boom* adds dead. Unless the lock is blue geared one seed is enough to kill the non elites, both on heroic and normal.

It's a tough fight however with crap dps tho...
Seloei

Postby Sober » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:02 am

Tanked this perfectly fine in normal twice or so. I only hate the little adds that b-line for the party right away but good dps will solve that. I love standing on the spikes though.

If it's any consolation, he drops a Bishop's Cloak (renamed) if you need it for an offheal set or don't have it already (25 badges saved). Doesn't crush but you probably want your dps in their hit gear since the boss is still level 73.
Sober

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:33 am

Those adds do proximity aggro. Try to stay as close as possible to Ahune without getting punted and they'll go for you anyway. Consecration keep them off healers till they die(which can be either 1 or 10 seconds... <sighs at some DPSers>)
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Ruex » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:07 pm

This was probably the first Boss i had real trouble fighting. Started On him at lvl 68, and got much easier once I hit 70.
Wearing most of the Blue quest gear listed in http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... .php?t=163
He was a fun fight.

Group Consisted of me on Pali Tank:
-A druid Healer

And a random mix of :
Hunter
Elemental Shammy
Enhance Shammy
Rogue
Mage
Feral Druid
Ret Pali
Shadow Priest
(as people cycled there alts)

This for me was a Basic Fight where AOE tanking is highlighted. Just tanked the big Elemental where he pops, avoiding the Ice spikes where I could.
Dropping Concentrates as often as I could to round up the little guys, and held ‘em still for the DPS to pick off.

DPS cycled from clearing Trash, to dropping Big Elemental and a few Pot shots at Ahune where possible.

When He dropped to icy core: Ran in, Popped Wings and chewed into best as I could, the DPS having blast from behind.

Highlights:
- 2 Fire Elementals from the Shammys doing the trash clearing for us.
- Getting Kicked up by a Spike, Blasted by Ahune, Hit by another spike and Ending up back by the Quest giver. It felt like playing killer instinct again for the juggling.
- Only took 20-odd kills of Ahune to get the Epic Tank cloak: First epic for this toon. :)

Was very enjoyable.

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:00 am

Ahune itself doesn't require any tanking. The core doesn't attack back or has any specific power. Don't dps it if you're short on mana(happens with kara+gear if you're not careful or dpsers are pushing hard), judge and seal wisdom to recover mana on the Core :D
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Chevalier » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:49 am

Downranking Const. is a good idea on this fight if your overgeared and don't like downing an extreme amount of mana pots (BTW, today is the last day of Midsummer)
Chevalier

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:50 am

Yeah lol the first day I chugged like 12 mana salves, competing with t6 dps ftfl >.<
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Chevalier » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:31 pm

Chevalier wrote:Downranking Const. is a good idea on this fight if your overgeared and don't like downing an extreme amount of mana pots (BTW, today is the last day of Midsummer)

Was looking at the calandar and saw that actually Midsummer is through tomorrow! (more ez gold woot)
Chevalier

Postby argentevenin » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:26 pm

take a 2h wep and as soon as the elite dies flick to it and do some add munching :D
ssc: 6/6 TK: 4/4 BT: 6/9 MH: 5/5
R.I.P the firm :<
argentevenin

Postby ghostridder » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:48 pm

once my group figured it out we were able to take him down with ease
me
resto shammy
hunter
mage
warlock
ghostridder

Previous