Remove Advertisements

Tanking Illidan Stormrage - A guide for protection Paladins

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:18 am

Palifax wrote:The loot was> The Skull of Guldan, The meele dps ring, and 3 Conqueror Chest tokens.

The emphasised part is clearly bullshit, there's no such thing as conquerors from illidan :|
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:49 am

Worldie wrote:
Palifax wrote:The loot was> The Skull of Guldan, The meele dps ring, and 3 Conqueror Chest tokens.

The emphasised part is clearly bullshit, there's no such thing as conquerors from illidan :|
On all situations I was eligible to buy a t6 chestpiece, he dropped triple protector, triple vanquisher, or any combination of both. Needless to say he dropped triple conqueror thrice now. Surprisingly when the number of buyers was equal or greater than 4 =P
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Palifax » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:55 am

Worldie wrote:

Lies Worldie!, I went to your Armory with the hopes of finding the Stoic Guardian Chest , but you already have Lightbringers.. so it has drop for you! altough now Im a little worried that I wont se a conqueror chest token in a while.. :shock:
“My comrades are my weapons and I am their shield”
Palifax

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:18 am

I got it on our 31th t6 chest token, enough said.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Palifax » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:54 am

Worldie wrote:I got it on our 31th t6 chest token, enough said.

OMG thats insane!, Did the Guild give you the first Bulwark by default though? , with you being the MT and all, or you had to buy it with DKP?
“My comrades are my weapons and I am their shield”
Palifax

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:03 am

Palifax wrote:
Worldie wrote:I got it on our 31th t6 chest token, enough said.

OMG thats insane!, Did the Guild give you the first Bulwark by default though? , with you being the MT and all, or you had to buy it with DKP?

I wasn't the main tank back when we killed Illidan. We got the bulwark dropping 3 times. The first one went to our former main tank (which was a warrior). The second one dropped on the only illidan kill i wasn't at (ironically, with also 2 conqueror chests, the only 2 conquerors in 3 months) and went to the other warrior which is my co-main tank nowadays. The third dropped 2 weeks ago and i finally got it.

Yes we don't have one main tank, we got 2. Warrior+Paladin > "the warrior MT" with which 90% of tankadins are stuck .

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Trilian » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:23 pm

We made our first attempts last night on Illidan with me MTing. We haven't been able to get out of phase 2, but phase 1 seems to be going fairly well.

Every so often I would get an unlucky sting of 4 blocks and basically die. But only on attempts when I wasn't armor potting. I was trying to save pots since we were dieing in phase 2 everytime anyway. I made sure the warrior was keeping TC up but I forgot to make sure either Demo Shout or Curse of Weakness were up.

I was too busy worrying about moving Illidan and avoiding shear. I only got sheared a couple of times late in the attempts but the healers managed to keep me up which was somewhat reassuring.

I found this guide extremely useful. I am hoping to get my T6 shoulders to actually drop this week and maybe the belt. I think the extra stats will help me out.

BTW the stats in my sig are messed up lol, but it does link to my armory
Trilian

Postby Joanadark » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:47 pm

31th

your.......thirty one thousandTH?
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:58 pm

Joanadark wrote:
31th

your.......thirty one thousandTH?

*ops*

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lowgrus » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:57 pm

Jesus Christ I tanked him the other night your right I definitly outgear it, but my god was i fidgitity. I ate a bunch fo shears until i figured out and just counted 10 seconds, when I say a bunch I mean I whiped us once, and would refresh my holy shield at like 6-8 seconds.

I was a little fidgity I' would move to much. Can't read bosskillers at work but im going to re read this. I got phase 1 down. one of the warriors figured out phase 2. We only had 8 healers, but going with 9 next week to make it a little less healing intensive I'm going to absorb everything of this fight so I do it perfect.
Lowgrus

Postby Andover » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:48 am

Lowgrus wrote:Jesus Christ I tanked him the other night your right I definitly outgear it, but my god was i fidgitity. I ate a bunch fo shears until i figured out and just counted 10 seconds, when I say a bunch I mean I whiped us once, and would refresh my holy shield at like 6-8 seconds.

I was a little fidgity I' would move to much. Can't read bosskillers at work but im going to re read this. I got phase 1 down. one of the warriors figured out phase 2. We only had 8 healers, but going with 9 next week to make it a little less healing intensive I'm going to absorb everything of this fight so I do it perfect.

I don't know, take 9 healers if you have to but 8 should be plenty.

P1 is tank and spank. Move out of the Flame Crash in a nice semi-circle, and stay Shear Immune.

P2 is where you win. If your melee DPS can pass their idiot check and not get hit by the big "LAZER" then you're fine. The two flame tanks just need to be heads up when the "LAZER" is coming at them. Get past that and it's all down hill.

P3/P4 rotate between yourself and the Warlock. Keep agonizing flame targets up. Spread out, kill shadow demon dudes.

P5 I don't even consider this a threat. If you happen to get lucky enough to get a trap close by grab it, if not use your Ironshield / Nightmare seed combo and pop a trink and laugh as his enrage is gobbled up by all that is Paladinish.

You'll be fine. I was nervous tanking it for our progression kill but after the first night of learning you'll be golden. People just need to figure out where they need to be and when.

Good luck!!
Andover

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:19 am

I feel for ya worldi heh , for me it was something like

First kill 1 of each token , the conquerer went to our gm priest

Second kill , 3 conquerer dropped , funny enough 6 people that where above me in dkp where NOT in raid at that time so I got one
Io.Draco

Postby Lowgrus » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:44 am

So My guild is offically awsome our second hour of attemps our two warriors got flame tanking pretty much down 9 healers really just made sure everyone was up and would have mana and such for rest of encounters.

However, when we finally got it down. Worldies guide didn't mention that I shoulnd't have my camera faced up looking for when Illidan was coming down and I ran smack dab in the middle of fire everywhere and just sat there looking at the sky then in bewilderment when I saw release spirit on my screen.

I wanted to /wrist at that point. It was our last attempt of the night to :C oh well we'll get him this Sunday.
I just hope they let me get bulwark if it drops.

Editing to also point out that I swear to god I'm putting on my 100 badges spell damage/spell hit chest. I'f I saw Illidan resist one more of my spells I was going to /cry. I'm 0 /40/21 and the warlocks were complaining about my threat on a demon.... thats pathetic sooo many resist granted I am focusing on shear alot. prob to much.
Lowgrus

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:24 am

Probably they were just too much trigger happy. Illidan has the usual 17% resist chance for spells like every other boss. Spellhit won't rly do much for that :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tekkel » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:32 am

Tell em to stack more spelldmg instead of spellcrit. :)
Resists can be quite the pain yeh but don't expect to be passing 1k tps when u're not outgearing it.
Tekkel

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple