Remove Advertisements

Halazzi's Cleeve - what to do against it.

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Halazzi's Cleeve - what to do against it.

Postby samsara » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:11 am

I'm not sure if it belongs to this forum or the gear advice but .. whatever :)

We died yesterday on Halazzi's cleeve (but still managed to get the bear XD)

What can i do as palatank to avoid more of the Cleaves, the other tank was standing "in" me. Maybe it just was unlucky that i died with my 18,8k HP but maybe there is a way to Push avoidance to a level i can dodge/parry it more often. Which values would you suggest.

My current gear:
http://www.armory-light.com/eu/Der Mithrilorden/samsara

would be cool if you can give me some tipps, thx in advance.

Our Groupsetup:

Tanks:
2* Palatank

Heal:
1 * Palaheal
2 * Druidheal

DD's:
1 * Mage
2 * Ele-Shaman
1 * Roktul
1 * Shadowpriest
1 * Rogue
samsara

Postby Seloei » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:23 am

2 pala tanks can't be causing you to take the huge cleaves since you don't have a big bull and a tiny belf combo with different hitboxes. Walk to the edge of the "platform", stand still and frisbee him while his running towards you with the other tank standing at the same spot you are.

Im rather guessing you died to :
cleave+mainhand hit + split (9k+4k+4k = 17k)

If you are having trouble staying alive, chug an ironshield pot, it helps a lot when you are undergeared for the fight.
Seloei

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:26 am

Eat Cleave 1 - (ensures positioning)
Blessing of Protection
Blow avoidance trinket
Tank Lynx (or let the other pally do it, he doesn;t hit hard)
Eat Cleave 2 - (ensures positioning)
Divine Shield / Bop 2
Trinket 2
Tank Lynx
Eat Cleave 3 - (ensures positioning)
Bop / Divine
Tank Lynx
Eat Cleave 4 - (ensures positioning)
Bop / Divine / Trinkets.

Being bubbled doesn't stop you taking cleaves, and stops healers needing to heal you. you might need a bit more or fewer bops/shields but worst case for a clearing group a 4 min kill thats 3 bops and your shield. Trinkets go dual avoidance, and blow them to avoid the cleaves, again 55%+ avoidance makes it good.

Also if you want to really lol at it, swap MTs.

Pally 1 Tanks, you take cleave, bubble
12s in you taunt, he bubbles
... repeat rotation

We have swapped tanks mid fight before (halazzi is tauntable :P), and used it for battle resses (we stop dps when we do but could just actually swap tanks). If you have 2 paladins go for it, swap, bubble share and trinkets, its like you having 4 trinket slots, and and extra shield effectively since the MT normally doesn't blow the avoidance trinkets to keep their mana up (without the cleave mana can be a real issue :( ).
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby samsara » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:02 am

thx, the rotation sounds cool, i think i'll give it a try on sunday :)
samsara

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:10 am

Halazzi is a bit freaky on that cleave. He can not do it for a full phase, or do it 5 times in 15 seconds.
It can be avoided in every possible way, so if you're not tanking him you can replace all threat for avoidance if you want. Other than that, it's a lol9kspam on both tanks that healers have to put up with.
Like others said, bubble works there.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:07 am

OP wrote:Halazzi's Cleeve - what to do against it.

Do a barrel roll!

What do I win?
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:59 am

You win a rick roll!
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Minn » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:09 pm

I'm not sure what the "Roktul" is in your damage dealers lineup, but it doesn't look like you have a Hunter for Tranquilizing Shot or a Warrior/Lock/Feral Druid for an AP debuff. This is going to make things hard on your healers.

If you can spare a shaman, a Grace of Air totem for your tanks will help out with avoidance. Stacking Agility in a couple consumable slots will also help: Agility food, Agility battle Elixir, Scroll of Agility.

I still think your lineup might need adjusting for a progression kill on Halazzi. Healers who provide the temporary +armor buffs are great on this fight. I'd recommend bringing a Hunter and someone for the AP debuff as well.
Minn

Postby nipherdil » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:24 pm

2ndNin wrote:Eat Cleave 1 - (ensures positioning)

Being bubbled doesn't stop you taking cleaves, and stops healers needing to heal you. you might need a bit more or fewer bops/shields but worst case for a clearing group a 4 min kill thats 3 bops and your shield. Trinkets go dual avoidance, and blow them to avoid the cleaves, again 55%+ avoidance makes it good.

So would u bubble as often as possible? dose bubble not stop cleave but just absorb the dmg?
nipherdil

Postby Seloei » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:18 am

If you are on the lynx then being "immune" to melee damage reduces melee damage done to you by 100%. That is, no cleave will hit you. Yet still, the other person (who is tanking Halazzi) only takes half the cleave damage also.

It's a nifty way to reduce healing needed, also while bubbled you can throw out a few heals to help them out. Say for when the lynx goes for the squishy tree druid who just LOVES to stand next to the boss.
Seloei

Postby Neara » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:02 am

Did you Maintank him or were you just eating the Saber Lash's?

If you're the OT you should be hit for around 9k of the Saber Lash and he doesn't attack with it more than around every 10 seconds, so no matter what you could have done to prevent being hit i'd say your healer just didn't pay attention.

Last time i did him i got only parries and dodges >.> Went OOM and hat do drink a Mana Potion for the 25% lynx-phase, not that i care for that one potion (on a time run i chug ~10-15 of them) but it was still annyoing "ahh, nearly lynx-phase .. hit me!!! ... parry >.>
Neara

Postby Seloei » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:57 pm

Neara wrote:
If you're the OT you should be hit for around 9k of the Saber Lash and he doesn't attack with it more than around every 10 seconds, so no matter what you could have done to prevent being hit i'd say your healer just didn't pay attention.

Then howcome i ate 2 saber lashes in a row with less than 3s between yesterday? :P

He does it at random, when he wants it. Sometimes he spams it, sometimes he doesn't use it at all during a phase
Seloei

Postby Darillinis » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:15 pm

Seloei wrote:
Neara wrote:

Then howcome i ate 2 saber lashes in a row with less than 3s between yesterday? :P

He does it at random, when he wants it. Sometimes he spams it, sometimes he doesn't use it at all during a phase

I've done ZA around 30 times I have never been hit by saber lash that close together.
Darillinis

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:37 pm

Darillinis wrote:
Seloei wrote:
Neara wrote:

I've done ZA around 30 times I have never been hit by saber lash that close together.
I've been hit by lashes in a 5~ seconds timespan, and thank god the healers were good because he did like 9 lashes, one every 5 seconds.
also, bloodlust is op.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Re: Halazzi's Cleeve - what to do against it.

Postby Thaliodin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:47 pm

samsara wrote:Our Groupsetup:

Tanks:
2* Palatank

Heal:
1 * Palaheal
2 * Druidheal

DD's:
1 * Mage
2 * Ele-Shaman
1 * Roktul
1 * Shadowpriest
1 * Rogue

If you are still working on downing Halazzi for the first time, try swapping out a Resto Druid for a Holy Priest or Resto Shaman (shaman preferred). Our normal group (for Bear timed runs) is:

1 Palatank MT (me)
1 Fury Warrior (OT)
1 Resto Shaman
1 Destro Lock
1 Ret Paladin
1 Shadow Priest
1 Arcane Mage
1 Resto Druid
1 BM Hunter
1 Enhance/Ele Shaman (depending on who is available)

For first attempts in T4/some Badge gear, I'd swap out the Fury Warrior for a Prot Warrior (either of you can MT) and the Ele Shaman for a Holy Priest. Your overall DPS will be lower, which may cause your healers some mana issues as the fight takes longer. If you can get a fury warrior with the gear to OT, that will help considerably in getting him down.
Thaliodin

Return to Zul'aman