Remove Advertisements

Gurtogg bloodboil

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:50 pm

Cause you take the damage and refill your mana (or rage). It's fairly hard to build up aggro if you have no energy to do it :)

It's basically useful only on the start, once every tank will have tanked once, he should have enough rage/mana for the whole fight due to dots.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby iwillpunishu » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:21 am

Well we put our first 2 hours in on this dude today, and I was pretty surprised how easy tanking him was. I think the main problem most guilds are going to have is the other stuff that goes on. It s pretty hard on the healers, and the button mashers actually have to move there feet, which in our guild always seems to be a problem for some.
iwillpunishu

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:00 am

It's easier if an assigned person calls what groups go in and out of max range for bloodboil.

And if you didn't, go beat Vashj/kael. The "move, dammit" factor has to be learned.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby iwillpunishu » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:52 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:It's easier if an assigned person calls what groups go in and out of max range for bloodboil.

We did that.

And if you didn't, go beat Vashj/kael. The "move, dammit" factor has to be learned.

Pretty much why we couldnt beat them.
iwillpunishu

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:24 pm

iwillpunishu wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:It's easier if an assigned person calls what groups go in and out of max range for bloodboil.

We did that.

Then don't hope to ever beat council <.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:35 pm

Worldie wrote:
iwillpunishu wrote:

We did that.

or llidan
or sharaz
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Tisiphone » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:47 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Worldie wrote:
iwillpunishu wrote:

We did that.

or llidan
or sharaz

Or Kalecgos or Brutallus or Felmyst. Even Netherspite might be hard!
WoW basically revolves around being able to spot and run out of / away from things.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:58 pm

"Sometimes there is fire. You have to stay away from the fire. Hard stuff!"
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Echaa » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:28 pm

My guild went back for this guy a few days ago, we got him to 14% and hit the enrage. Some of our healers were failing and we had to sub out dps and bring in healers to keep people alive. :shock:
Echaa

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:32 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:"Sometimes there is fire. You have to stay away from the fire. Hard stuff!"

In soviet Karazhan, you stay in fire.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:59 pm

Worldie wrote:In soviet Karazhan, fire stays away from you.

fixt

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby alayire » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:53 am

we downed him for the first time yesterday, after some days with false trys on him (not enough ppl .. too many mages etc.) we finaly had a good setup and got some good progress on him and downed him.

i must say... the fight is full of fun. it's actualy a fight where you don't have to "sit there and look nice", push a few buttons and hope the big ugly thing in front of you doesn't kill you. our healers thought he was funn too, atleast our palys, since all of them managed to tank him atleast once :D

we managed fine on him i supose .. seeing when we downed him, one of our tanks died at the end of the first fel rage (mage died :( spite our healers best efforts) but managed to recover from that and 2 tanked him to the end. i supose we were a bit lucky since i managed to dump a 24 debuf stack without bubble, no desorient in the meantime.

we also found out some stuff that helps with clothies on fel rage: paladin devotion aura and iron shield potion. it helps alot. we had 3 mages get fel rage and only one died (he didn't have a paly in his group).
also avoidance helps alot on this fight with the staks i had the Emperian Tortoise Figurine and changed some gear for more avoidance oriented gear.
alayire

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:01 am

I just realized from my experience yesterday how op Moroes' Lucky Pocketwatch is.
It's actually better than a threat trinket. The moment you grab aggro you use it and avoid like 4 bewilderments in a row! PEWPEWPEW TAKE THAT THREAT DUMPS.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:21 am

I use moroes pocket watch on this but think I'm just switching to the shadowmoon insignia i got off of him for a more static dodge.

When I tank him I pop wings and go all out in threat becasue it just sux catching up. Let the silly healers heal me through the debuffs and if it becomes to much i'll just bubble.

Disorients are gay becuase he switches off of you during disorient then goes back to you becuase your higher threat still, so sometimes if i need to ill bubble and let him stay on the tank then pick him back up tell him to stop generating threat and let the other tank get it so he gets debuffs.

Seriously I lead that fight telling who to do what. When you get Bopped/Bubbled and your still on top if you just dont do anything you wont get aggro again and then you can just judge and have instant aggro once your debuffs wear off. Also dont accidently refresh them if possible by getting cleaved.
Lowgrus

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:33 am

Lowgrus wrote:When you get Bopped/Bubbled and your still on top if you just dont do anything you wont get aggro again and then you can just judge and have instant aggro once your debuffs wear off. Also dont accidently refresh them if possible by getting cleaved.

That's not necessarly true. Power gains can make you gain aggro again. If you get bopped/bubble you should run out of melee range.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple