Remove Advertisements

MH - Wave 6 of Azzy trash

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Invisusira » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:11 pm

I just say "okay if you have a CC use it here." Mind control, sheep, fears, etc make this pull easy mode. Works like a charm.
Invisusira

Postby Jhendlyn » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:13 am

We normally run this with 3-4 shaman in the raid (1 enh, 1 ele, 1-2 resto). Our tactic for wave 6 is to have all the shaman run up and stagger their totems and earth elementals down the path. This allows ample time (3-5 secs) for class leaders to mark banish/fear/sheep targets while the banshees and necros take out totems and elementals.
Jhendlyn

Postby Daiden » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:58 am

I don't think I understand the whole "fel puppy" trick you guys are referring to?
Daiden

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:16 am

Daiden wrote:I don't think I understand the whole "fel puppy" trick you guys are referring to?
Hunter aggroes and kites a felhound up to the warriors and maybe to thrall, and bring them all to the front lines. A warlock keeps it banished(npcs still attack it but don't kill it) until the npcs wtfpwn the necro+banshee wave with you.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:51 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Daiden wrote:I don't think I understand the whole "fel puppy" trick you guys are referring to?
Hunter aggroes and kites a felhound up to the warriors and maybe to thrall, and bring them all to the front lines. A warlock keeps it banished(npcs still attack it but don't kill it) until the npcs wtfpwn the necro+banshee wave with you.

You have no idea how much ezier this makes wave 6. They roflestomp those banshees/necromancers face. It is imperative that you explain to the hunter/elemental shaman kiting them that the warriors dont pull off of the hunter/elemetnal shaman.

I flipped out one day. I'm like do you not realize how much harder your making this wave for all of us by not doing something as simple as getting them involved. I said here let me tell you how to play your class if for 3 weeks you can't figure out how to keep threat. Dont kite it str8 to the warriors. I go kite it around till you have enough aggro that the warriors wont pull off of you. And then I added if you can't figure it out I'm going to to do it.

THIS MAKES WAVE 6 A JOKE!!!!
Lowgrus

Postby Seloei » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:18 am

A single fel puppy isn't enough, it dies too fast. Usually our resident feral swipes 3 randoms before they reach my aoe and moves them back fast. A lock banishes one puppy (from the druids pack if it moved away, or a second one which the prot war pulls out of the aoe group) and wave 6 is easymode.
The hunter still drops a trap and runs far far away incase something goes sour (no heal agro, since the other targets aren't on the mobs attack table)
Seloei

Postby Kellann » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:58 am

Our kiters phail.

I've fallen back to the "do it yourself" adage, and I drag something like 4 felpuppies and 2 abo's with me (typical case) up to the warriors. Once the warriors start to stunlock the pack attacking you, you can sprint away during the stuns to get back to the group.
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby Mordinm » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:45 am

We have 2 hunters each take an abom from wave 5 to grab thrall and the rest of the NPCs. Just keep a fel pup up front banished and so long as your hunter can get the abom close to the front the NPCs will get into combat with everything. Every once in a while even one of the aboms will get killed before making it back so I can't imagine a fel pup would work that well.
Mordinm

Postby sbeacher » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:50 am

The first time I suggested the kite the tauren down method it worked flawlessly.

But now whenever someone (usually a warrior) tries to kite an abom up there it gets killed before he can bring it back to the group and the tauren just run back to their places.

Other than taking the whole pack up with me (Which I don't want to do because if they're not holding steady in my consecrate some dumbass lock is gonna pull them off me with seed) is there any other efficient way to get the tauren involved?

Also does a warrior's spell reflect reflect more than one spell? Otherwise it seems like them standing up front with spell reflect would still get them nuked since you'd get hit by all the other bolts.
sbeacher

Postby Seloei » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:17 am

It can reflect every same spell casted at him at the same time. Since all the trash starts casting the same speed damageing attack, the first spell reflect will bounce their first attack back. The second attack will however kill the warrior.
Seloei

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:36 am

Seloei wrote:It can reflect every same spell casted at him at the same time. Since all the trash starts casting the same speed damageing attack, the first spell reflect will bounce their first attack back. The second attack will however kill the warrior.
Our warrior claimed to have reflected 4 bolts before dieing due to healer mental issues o.O
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lakirby » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:03 am

We normally send in a warrior with spell reflect up, but last week our warrior died on the wave before and didn't get rezzed in time - I swapped to my Mother Shahraz SR gear and AoE-tanked the wave. Either works.
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby Seloei » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:07 am

Spell reflect only "reflects one spell" but if more than one spell arrive at the same time it hasn't timed out and reflects those also. So if all of them started casting at the same time at the same distance, all of them would be reflected back.
Seloei

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:44 am

Seloei wrote:Spell reflect only "reflects one spell" but if more than one spell arrive at the same time it hasn't timed out and reflects those also. So if all of them started casting at the same time at the same distance, all of them would be reflected back.

"4 elemental shaman boxed by the same person? hell yeah!"
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Tieran » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:11 am

Thanks guys!

I tried running the puppies from pack 5 around - 3 of them died and we got a banish in at about 8% hp left on one.
We then had a free front row set of tickets to "WoW WWF" as a raider described.

Untill we get RoS down and SR gear gets distributed this will be the method of choice.

Ty :D
Tieran

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal