World record bear run?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby mazater » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:32 am

Nerf.
BUT!

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/WoWSc ... 221429.jpg
One of the DPS'ers died at 90% tho', would've been 13min left if he hadn't died.

But you are a great second.
(I'm not part of that guild, just stole the pic from a friend in that guild)
mazater

Postby jere » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:09 am

WTB Lore's FRAPS video of the clear!!

We are currently able to do 3/4 with about 4 mins left on the timer, so we need to start working on ways to improve our time. We got all the basics I think, but seeing some other guilds in action would help.

GET ON IT NOW LORE!! STAT!! :)
jere

Postby onacouch » Fri May 02, 2008 4:47 am

My best time is 9 minutes left last I looked at the timer, it very well could have been 8. Everyone in the group agreed it was 9, at least.

We brought 3 healers, though. The one time we decided to bring 2 we only had like 5-6 minutes left for some reason.
onacouch

Postby Aerfalle » Fri May 02, 2008 9:01 pm

9 minutes

...no one in 4pc

...only 2 there with any t6 (solo healed)

...lol boomkin deeps

...1 pug deeps (who'd never done a timed run)

...default UI: THE HORROR

beat THAT :shock:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v219/nicqui/beartimer-1.jpg
Aerfalle

Postby Jedah » Mon May 05, 2008 7:36 am

my group is at 8/10 warbears and our best time was 6 minutes left on the clock. No T6 gear, we 2 heal it.

Doubt we'll get much faster before we stop running it. 12 minutes left is just insane lol.
Jedah

Postby Lore » Mon May 05, 2008 7:54 am

Next time we do it I'll fraps it. Honestly we could have gone a lot faster if we'd had a more optimized group.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Mon May 05, 2008 7:55 am

Mazater wrote:Nerf.
BUT!

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/WoWSc ... 221429.jpg
One of the DPS'ers died at 90% tho', would've been 13min left if he hadn't died.

But you are a great second.
(I'm not part of that guild, just stole the pic from a friend in that guild)

I see 12 minutes on the timer with 10% left on the boss there. Our SS is 12 minutes on the timer with 1% left :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Blitzago » Mon May 05, 2008 8:30 pm

My guild is right now is 3/4 and 5/6 in progression, and im seriously contempating about trying to go for a bear run, we can currently get the 3rd timer down with about 6 mins left im guessing, dont really notice, last time we made it with 2 mins left, and we had to re do the eagle gauntlet, cause at the top he evade glitched and then spawned on us with about 15 birds, im pretty sure if we dropped a healer we could make it easily,

Our DPS is only averaging about 1.1k right now
Blitzago

Postby Aerfalle » Tue May 06, 2008 8:51 pm

Blitzago wrote:My guild is right now is 3/4 and 5/6 in progression, and im seriously contempating about trying to go for a bear run, we can currently get the 3rd timer down with about 6 mins left im guessing, dont really notice, last time we made it with 2 mins left, and we had to re do the eagle gauntlet, cause at the top he evade glitched and then spawned on us with about 15 birds, im pretty sure if we dropped a healer we could make it easily,

Our DPS is only averaging about 1.1k right now

I used to do 3 chest runs that ended with 6 minutes to spare, tops (with a t5 group, as is my current one).

The differences in that group and my current group seem small but they're not. We take 2 healers at most and all DPS is burst DPS (except a shadow priest). We also usually bring 4-5 shadow/arcane users, so one curse covers all of that damage. We stack a group for the healer(s), not for DPS. We also take a shortcut to lynx, which you really must do. Most importantly we do not wipe or make mistakes. That will cost you the bear in t5. Best dragonhawk time remaining was 20, but with 10-12 you could probably score a bear.

Good luck and I hope you do it! :)
Aerfalle

Postby Lookit » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:51 am

Well 12 minutes left is definitely impressive Lore, but last night my guild accomplished a feat that I think even you would have difficulty matching: 29 player deaths in a successful bear run :P

This was our 10th successful timed run in a row, and we usually finish with 5-7 minutes on the timer. But last night, everything just seemed to go wrong - we had 4 people die on Eagle, including a SS'd priest who died twice. We had 8 people die on bear because my taunt never works so the feral druid went down, then a bunch of DPS went down while my taunt was on cooldown, then I went down, popped a soulstone and tanked for a few more seconds before going down again, only to have a priest and hunter as the last two standing. We lost someone on it seemed nearly every trash pull in dragonhawk trash. We lost someone to firebombs on Dragonhawk. We had bad timing with a pat on Lynx trash and ended up pulling lynxes, the two beast-tamer pack, AND all 3 neutral crocs. That was a complete wipe, but one of our priests was soulstoned so we were able to recover.

All in all, recount showed 29 player deaths, with our poor holy priest topping the list with 7. We finished with about 20 seconds to spare, and the holy priest finally got her mount, so fortunately her repair bill was worth it :)

This particular timed run directly followed several hours of wiping to Brutallus, and was much later than normal raid time for most people, so folks were definitely not at the top of their game. It was a pretty horrendous display of noobery, and we were all shocked that we actually made the timer :P
Lookit

Postby Bubsalot » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:16 pm

Lookit wrote:Well 12 minutes left is definitely impressive Lore, but last night my guild accomplished a feat that I think even you would have difficulty matching: 29 player deaths in a successful bear run :P

This was our 10th successful timed run in a row, and we usually finish with 5-7 minutes on the timer. But last night, everything just seemed to go wrong - we had 4 people die on Eagle, including a SS'd priest who died twice. We had 8 people die on bear because my taunt never works so the feral druid went down, then a bunch of DPS went down while my taunt was on cooldown, then I went down, popped a soulstone and tanked for a few more seconds before going down again, only to have a priest and hunter as the last two standing. We lost someone on it seemed nearly every trash pull in dragonhawk trash. We lost someone to firebombs on Dragonhawk. We had bad timing with a pat on Lynx trash and ended up pulling lynxes, the two beast-tamer pack, AND all 3 neutral crocs. That was a complete wipe, but one of our priests was soulstoned so we were able to recover.

All in all, recount showed 29 player deaths, with our poor holy priest topping the list with 7. We finished with about 20 seconds to spare, and the holy priest finally got her mount, so fortunately her repair bill was worth it :)

This particular timed run directly followed several hours of wiping to Brutallus, and was much later than normal raid time for most people, so folks were definitely not at the top of their game. It was a pretty horrendous display of noobery, and we were all shocked that we actually made the timer :P

GRATS! wouldnt even think this was possible.
Bubsalot

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:19 pm

Last night we had 12 minutes left, looking at the last boss, who usually takes under 3 minutes to kill. I sat and ate two mana biscuts, because I could. I even took a nap.

The previous bear run we had people die on every single boss, and most of the larger trash pulls. We wiped once when I accidentally pulled 4 trainers during dhawk trash, and both healers got slept. It was after a long raid so people were exceptionally sloppy; alcohol may have been involved. Dragonhawk boss went down at the 14 minute mark and we just went for broke, and beat the timer by barely over one minute.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:03 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Last night we had 12 minutes left, looking at the last boss, who usually takes under 3 minutes to kill. I sat and ate two mana biscuts, because I could. I even took a nap.

The previous bear run we had people die on every single boss, and most of the larger trash pulls. We wiped once when I accidentally pulled 4 trainers during dhawk trash, and both healers got slept. It was after a long raid so people were exceptionally sloppy; alcohol may have been involved. Dragonhawk boss went down at the 14 minute mark and we just went for broke, and beat the timer by barely over one minute.
Reminds me of my first successful bear run
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Achtung » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:12 pm

We've been steadily increasing our spare time on the timers over the past few weeks. We have only gotten the 3rd chest so far, but we've gone from 6 mins on our first try, then 10 mins on our second and then last night we had 12 mins after dragonhawk. We decided to keep pushing as fast as we could and I think it would have been either really really really close or our first bear mount! Except that someone aggro'd the guys in the hut near the water and wiped almost everyone -_-...

Next week!
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde - Retired Feb '09
Achtung

Postby Amran20 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:21 am

Our guild has managed either an 11 or 12 minute left run. I'd have to ask Lokar. Then again, my guild always has been one for speed. We set the US record back in the Molten Core days for a speed run. 62 minutes. Tell me if that ain't blazin'.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman