How hard is the trash?

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:33 am

Actually, I heard the secret to farming trash is:

Bring enough people to handle the first blood elf pull.
Kill the first robot.
Kill everything in the first blood elf pull, except leave any mob (usually the dragonhawk) sheeped. Everyone leave the instance.
Everyone come back in.
The entire pull will have respawned. Repeat.

Well, if by "farm," you meant, actually trying to get Sunwell loot quickly. If you're wanting to clear things on the way to Kalecgos, as people said above, it'll be kinda rough. I wouldn't recommend it for a guild that doesn't have at least some Hyjal/BT gear.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Eeva » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:01 am

moduspwnens wrote:Actually, I heard the secret to farming trash is:

Kill the first robot.
Kill everything in the first blood elf pull, except leave any mob (usually the dragonhawk) sheeped. Everyone leave the instance.
Everyone come back in.

Well, if by "farm," you meant, actually trying to get Sunwell loot quickly. If you're wanting to clear things on the way to Kalecgos, as people said above, it'll be kinda rough. I wouldn't recommend it for a guild that doesn't have at least some Hyjal/BT gear.

Your gear setup is.... ummmm.... interesting. I am assuming it is some weird min/max setup?
Eeva

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:30 am

Eeva wrote:Your gear setup is.... ummmm.... interesting. I am assuming it is some weird min/max setup?

Soloin' Garr gear. Passive uncrushability with 712 block value unbuffed.

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/64442

There's my normal tanking gear.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Korbah » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:53 am

On my server we do trash pugs often, just doing the first pull of blood elves over, and over, and over. :p We usually ignore the first robot(as it actually takes a decent raid group to kill him imo, or lots of healers at least), and bring 4-6 mages. We kill all of the blood elves, loot them, and leave the dragonhawk alive. Then everyone just runs out of the instance and and the pull resets. Its really, really easy and each pull only takes 5-10 minutes. It also only takes 2-3 healers, and thats being safe. :p
I've only done it for about an hour, and we got around 5 gems I think? I managed to get an empyrean sapphire so I guess it was a good deal for me. =)

moduspwnens wrote:
Eeva wrote:Your gear setup is.... ummmm.... interesting. I am assuming it is some weird min/max setup?

Soloin' Garr gear. Passive uncrushability with 712 block value unbuffed.

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/64442

There's my normal tanking gear.

No wonder you're always AFK in Molten Core! >.< Hahahaha
Korbah

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:01 pm

Korbah wrote:No wonder you're always AFK in Molten Core! >.< Hahahaha

Yeah, but I got oddly disconnected last night. I could have sworn it doesn't disconnect you if you're in combat and hitting things while taking hits. Oh well. Guess I'll watch a movie as I do it.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Korbah » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:07 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
Korbah wrote:No wonder you're always AFK in Molten Core! >.< Hahahaha

Yeah, but I got oddly disconnected last night. I could have sworn it doesn't disconnect you if you're in combat and hitting things while taking hits. Oh well. Guess I'll watch a movie as I do it.
Yup, it sure does. You actually have to do something every 20 or 30 minutes or so, I guess.. I figured that out while trying to level my 2h skills on invulnerable mobs. =) I think that just upping a seal will make you good for another 20-30 minutes.. I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to disconnect you for being AFK.
Korbah

Postby QuantumDelta » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:22 pm

30m ;p
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:30 pm

moduspwnens wrote:Actually, I heard the secret to farming trash is:

Kill the first robot.
Everyone come back in.

Yep, there are at least 2 or 3 regular trash runs on Proudmoore that use exactly this method. Well, actually they generally kill the far blood elf pull completely so there's no risk of people aggro'ing it later, then repeatedly kill everything in the near pack except the dragonhawk and reset. Usually done in a raid of 20 with 1 tank, 4-5 mages, 2-3 healers and a bunch of DPS. The robot respawns in 2 hours, so that's generally how long the runs go. In that amount of time, usually all but maybe 2-3 people walk away with something: either an epic, a sunmote, or an epic gem.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:35 am

I joined a random SWP farming group the other day because I wanted to start learning to trash. We took 12 people:

Tank
3 healers (druid, priest (horibad), shaman)
5 mages
1 hunter
1 Enh shaman
1 warlock

The hunter would MD pull the belf pack, avoiding the robot patrol, pretty much everything would get CCed (trap the hawk, or tank it + 1st kill target).

Rinse and repeat. Each cycle took about 6 minutes or so.

Boring and repetitive, but profitable.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby QuantumDelta » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:58 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:I joined a random SWP farming group the other day because I wanted to start learning to trash. We took 12 people:

Tank
3 healers (druid, priest (horibad), shaman)
5 mages
1 hunter
1 Enh shaman
1 warlock

The hunter would MD pull the belf pack, avoiding the robot patrol, pretty much everything would get CCed (trap the hawk, or tank it + 1st kill target).

Rinse and repeat. Each cycle took about 6 minutes or so.

Get used to it.
20-1 hour 20 trash of the same pack over and over and over with tiny variations on theme -.-
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:26 pm

Last night was our first night in SW. Holy cow Kalec trash is annoying. Took us fifteen minutes to figure out the first scout pull (oh hey he's linked to the pack so you can't prepull ... oh hey melee wasn't listening when I was talking about robot proxy aggro ... oh hey there's another robot in the back ... ).

Then another forty minutes clearing the rest of the crap. At least the scouts don't spawn like the ZA scouts, which I was kind of afraid of at first ...
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Yukionna » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:17 am

Curious about how hard these blood elves hit (that first pack).

And how do you avoid the first robot? O.o
Yukionna

Postby Kelaan » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:13 pm

QuantumDelta wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:Rinse and repeat. Each cycle took about 6 minutes or so.

Get used to it.
20-1 hour 20 trash of the same pack over and over and over with tiny variations on theme -.-

And yet, in some ways probably less boring than farming. I'll have to see if I can find one of these on my server. :)
Kelaan

Postby athom » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:14 pm

Bring Mages.
Bring 3 Tanks.
Dont wipe on 1st robot.
As many mages as many sheeps.
Sleep bird.
Kill 1 by 1.
Kill bird.
Go on the other side.
Same shit, but dont kill the bird.
Go out, go in...

Go to town to change items+sunmotes. ;-)

Actually my guild is pretty lucky on drops.
I remembre the other night we got smelting book, about 15 epic gems, shaman gloves and sunmote to change them and the fist weapon (3th or 4th on the server...given that we are 4/5 1/9 O_o)...pretty good imo.
athom

Postby Splug » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:14 pm

Yukionna wrote:And how do you avoid the first robot? O.o
Kill it. The robots alone are not an auto-wipe, they're just extremely problematic if you have to deal with the robot plus an elf group.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau