Remove Advertisements

Single tanking Nalorakk - Has it been done?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Single tanking Nalorakk - Has it been done?

Postby Gray » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:55 am

My apologies if this has been posted and answered before, I didn't search for too long since I need an answer kind off quick before attempting this.

So, has anyone single tanked Nalorakk through BOTH phases and survived to tell the story?

I'll be trying this at 22.7k HP and 31% dodge. Is it possible?
Gray

Postby BigBlueCheese » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:13 pm

Don't think it's even possible. Stacking both debuffs will kill any tank pretty quickly.
BigBlueCheese

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:32 pm

If your DPS is good enough to do it in 2ish transitions, you can probably pull it off.

Last bear run our druid OT DCed while tanking and I finished the 2nd half of the fight, bubbling off the bleed.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Wrexsoul » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:08 pm

If you're a dwarf you can stoneform the bleeds as well... Does BoP work? If so you'd be able to take 3 full transitions (as a dwarf) before having to worry about it. And then there's LoH that'll buy you some time if you're lucky >_>.
Wrexsoul

Postby kensanity » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:22 pm

ironmantwan from frostwolf tanked nalorakk from 95% to zero in badge/t4/Za gear. he had to bust a LoH as well as cancel a bubble during one of nalorakk's charges and the healers went oom pretty fast but, yeah i would say its near impossible unless u have dps that can make the fight something trivial at like 3 minutes and also healers that can spam max rank heals and keep hots up at the whole time.

either that or a t6 geared tank with stone form and bleed removing effects.
kensanity

Postby DS-EULysdexic » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:52 am

I got steamrolled by unlucky string of hits and our druid MT (20k hp and 33k armor i think, very close to armor cap) she pulled it off from about 40%, hilarity ensued with the healers GASPING, but yes, our bear doesnt die =)
Darkspear EU (H)
DS-EULysdexic

Postby DS-EULysdexic » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:52 am

Double post =(
Darkspear EU (H)
DS-EULysdexic

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:18 am

The problem with solotanking is that the 2x damage dot will basically destroy you even with craploads of HP.

Unless you got the DPS to kill him in 2 transitions (4 if you are a dwarf) i don't see this possible.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby rabbel » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:07 am

Well, I did him solo from 34% to 0% last time, when our Bear-tanking Warrior went down. Our DDs are all Kara / Badge / Zul equipped, like myself, so we went through two more transitions. I must admit we had luck on our side, because I dodged the Mangle-debuff very often, and only got it before his last transition, which occured at 5% or so, so it was healable. I also never got both bleed effects and the mangle debuff at the same time, which would most certainly have instagibbed me.

I think its possible to do it, but you should have insane DPS and healing, or a very, very lucky string of dodging the Mangle.
rabbel

Postby Euphoria » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:34 am

I've done it from 40% to 0% and from 65% to 30% (before our DC'd warrior got back). It's not an experience I want to repeat.
Euphoria

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:37 am

I pulled off a 50% (4 transitions) as a belf. Moroes pocketwatch + commendation procs are op.

I don't see it doable out of that tho. And you still have to worry about instagibbed melee or the very dps you're trying to grab is moot.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:45 am

It's possible, just really rough. I've solo tanked him for the last 50% or so on bear runs a few times when the other tank died.

The trick is to have lots and lots of gear.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby ashbringer » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:57 am

I've done it from 70% to dead when our druid tank got eaten durning silence.. Wasn't fun, and had to burn my LOH and one of the plly healers.
ashbringer

Postby 2ndNin » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:08 am

94% to 30% tanked by me solo (warrior got eated early), then he solo tanked 30-1%, then the warlock solo tanked 1-0%.

Basically, this fight sucks solo tanking, the mangle debuff you get off with divine shield once (does prot work?), other than that its a case of surive (massive over healing, LoH what ever keeps you standing). Done it one, died horribly other times trying "lols I can tanks 2 phases" (you can do bear -> troll easily each time, just troll -> bear is dangerous). What you could do is non-tank (warrior / ret / bear) standing for the first troll, then you take bear + troll, bubble, bear, let him take the troll, bear + troll giving you 3 phases to do it fairly safely...
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby strongbad216 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:26 am

One time I did it the druid tank died fairly early in the fight, so I solo tanked him during three transitions. The first one I got lucky and the mangle timed out a few seconds after he went into bear form, bubbled out of the second one, and had the healers overheal the crap out of me at the end. Wound up dying at 2%, but that was enough for our dps to finish him off. I'm in all badge/kara gear, 15.8k hp unbuffed, and that commendation of kael'thas is a true lifesaver.
strongbad216

Next

Return to Zul'aman