Tanking Birds on Way to Akil'zon Running Oom

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tanking Birds on Way to Akil'zon Running Oom

Postby Lightbeard » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:48 am

I've been tanking the birds to Akil'zon and I always seem to run oom after like 3 groups

my question is what would be the best consecration to downrank to to help me manage mana and aggro
Lightbeard

Postby Petrus » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:32 pm

I usually use Rank 4 for most everything but I have Rank 6 (max) and Rank 1 also available if I feel I need an extra boost or need to cut down.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby DS-EULysdexic » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:05 am

I assume you have at least 2 elites beating on you at all times as well as the birds? If you have the healing power, imo just backpeddle up faster =)
Darkspear EU (H)
DS-EULysdexic

Postby inthedrops » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:00 am

I have the same problem. As long as none of your healers or dps have the healers attention, keep your back turned to the guardians and/or birds until you're at a comfortable mana level again. And yes, just go up and pull the next group.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Tesragal » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:06 pm

After experiencing the same problem in our first run, the raid leader just let me ride up the slope and pull up to three of the elite mob pairs at once. With six trolls beating on me, plus a shadow priest in my group, I am able to spam max rank consecration on them and any birds without ever running out of mana.

As soon as only two of the elite are left, I pull the last two, and the MT2 takes care of the Tempest. Always try to pull as many trolls as you can handle (depending on your gear and your healers, of course). Aside from helping with your mana income, this technique will also buy you some precious minutes during the timed event, as you will be able to round up several mob pairs and AoE them down.
Tesragal

Return to Zul'aman